Quantcast Stunned by the Wait Times (in a good way)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stunned by the Wait Times (in a good way)

We are in California this week (and loving it) and spent Monday and Thursday at DL/DCA. I kept texting my friends who are at WDW to compare wait times.
    We waited 10 minutes for BTMR. 10 for Soarin (though later it was up to 25). 25 for Toy Story Mania. 20 for Pirates (and the boys almost wanted to skip it because comparatively it WAS a long wait).
    Peter Pan was still 45+ every time we looked, and the Matterhorn was long as well, but I am really struck by how much less crowded the rides are, considering they're smaller parks overall.
    It has made for an awesome vacation, though, so I am certainly not complaining.
    In case anyone is planning a trip in the future, this past week has been a great time to be here!
    Next trip - New Years 2018!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there in less than 2 weeks. I hope your good luck carries over for us. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We have usually had good luck with crowds and weather during the first half of June. Glad you enjoyed your visit!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

We went in August 3 years ago and we were amazed at how wonderful the wait times were in the middle of summer. It was even better for me being 8 months pregnant!
    Ashley
    Art of Animation- Nov/Dec 2015
    Grand Floridan- September 2014
    Bay Lake Tower- June 2013
    Treehouse Villas- April 2012
    Grand Californian- August 2011
    Animal Kingdom Villas- December 2010
    Animal Kingdom Villas- May 2010
    Bay Lake Tower- December 2009
    All Star Movies- March 2009
    +6 more

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear this. We are several weeks away from our trip. I hope the low wait times continue!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds similar to what my friend experienced on the Saturday, June 14th. The crowds were light, and they were able to do everything they wanted without waiting so long.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

At Disneyland yesterday. Saturday, perfect weather. While there seemed to be a lot of people, wait times were nice. Longest wait time I saw was 40 min for Splash and BTMRR. Matterhorn was next at 35 min. But with Space Mountain and the subs both down, that isn't bad at all. Even Indiana Jones had a standby of 30 min or less (and fast passes were still available even after Fantasmic).

Its really been very nice.

We'll see how California Adventure is today.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

So.... All those crowds who were NOT there over the weekend, showed up en masse on Monday. Disneyland has been very crowded. PotC has been 40-50 min all day, Splash Mountain 80-90 min.

Still enjoyable, but pretty busy.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Saturday is a black out day for almost all pass holders. Usually Sundays and Mondays are worst in summer.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    So.... All those crowds who were NOT there over the weekend, showed up en masse on Monday. Disneyland has been very crowded. PotC has been 40-50 min all day, Splash Mountain 80-90 min.

Still enjoyable, but pretty busy.

Steve
    That's funny that you should say that. We were at Disneyland from 11:30am to 7pm on Monday and considered it very uncrowded for June. We didn't happen to visit PotC or Splash, so can't comment on those in particular, but we did plenty of shopping, ate lunch and enjoyed quite a few attractions with 20 minute or less wait time within those hours. The longest wait time we saw was 45 minutes on Thunder Mtn. We expected at least that much of a wait for that one. It was 3pm, we got FastPasses, came back at 5:15pm and walked right on.

The most ridiculous wait we encountered was in Downtown Disney. We inquired about a table for two at 7pm at Rainforest Cafe. An hour and a half - too long - I don't get it. I know we didn't have reservations but still. We said no thanks, walked to Uva Bar, were seated immediately, and had a two thumbs up dinner.

We visited DCA for 90 minutes at the end of the night. Soarin' was a 20 minute wait - which is a good thing - and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was a walk on. Radiator Springs Racers was listed as 75 minutes, which didn't surprise us and we opted to skip that.

Back to Disneyland for some more shopping at 10pm. Lots of visitors leaving even though the park was still open for several hours. Walked right up to the counter at Gibson Girl for ice cream, easily found a table outside the Bakery and people watched for an hour.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Disneyland from 11:30am to 7pm on Monday and considered it very uncrowded for June.
    We didn't go over to Disneyland until closer to 4 (spent the morning in CA), so that might be part of the difference. I did notice that the Adventureland side of the park was significantly busier than the Tomorrowland side. Restaurants never seemed to be crowded at all, nor were the shops. Just some of the rides.

Usually Sundays and Mondays are worst in summer.
    Didn't know this. It's been a long time since I've been to DLR in the summer. But then, hey, I remember when Disneyland was actually closed on Mondays and Tuesdays

Steve

Most Recent Visit:
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Is DCA the same crowds on Mondays? We will be visiting in early August. Was thinking DL on Monday but may change that thinking. Also, do you think extra magic mornings are helpful or go the other park? We have Premier Annual Passes because we are going to the World as well in the next year.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    Is DCA the same crowds on Mondays? We will be visiting in early August. Was thinking DL on Monday but may change that thinking. Also, do you think extra magic mornings are helpful or go the other park? We have Premier Annual Passes because we are going to the World as well in the next year.
    DCA has MM on Monday so it will be packed. I do recommend doing MM at DCA for Radiator Springs Racers and the rest of Carsland, then leave and go to DL. I do NOT recommend DL MM. It is only a very small portion of the park that is open and it gets crazy in there. I would go to DCA on days DL has MM then head to DL after lunch on those days.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived on Friday and have not waited more than 15 minutes for a ride with the exception of Midway Mania which was 25 minutes today and Radiator Springs which was 100 minutes so we skipped it and will try another day. A friend of my son that lives here has spent the last three days with us and is amazed by the low crowds we've encountered.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful to hear Lynn! I hope it continues for our trip later this month. How was your transfer to the resort from LAX. We booked a transfer with the same company. I welcome any other tips you have for me as we get ready to leave.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: