Quantcast Love new fast pass system

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love new fast pass system

This is my second time using the system, and I really like it! It does take planning, thought and knowledge of the parks, but so did the other system. I did two parks today, and still was able to get fast passes after 845 for some decent rides at MK!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear some positive feedback. Hope you're having a great trip!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I love the new FP system, glad to hear someone else likes it.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

We were pros of the previous system, but I think the new system will work well. I like having the idea of knowing that I have three FPs waiting for me at my second park in the afternoon-evening.
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

We used it last December and were pleasantly surprised how well it worked. Just like TheHD said, we are happy to know this summer on our arrival day we have fast passes in the evening.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I've said this before in another thread but it is really a personal thing based on your park touring style.

There are a few things I miss from the old system and sometimes the technology annoys me but for the most part it works for me.

We had friends who went to WDW the first week of June. They hadn't been in several years. They though FP+ was wonderful and are seriously considering becoming pass holders.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

The only part of it I dislike is we typically don't decide until the night before which park we are going to the next day. We weren't typically lucky enough to even get fast passes for the more popular rides. We haven't experienced this new FP+ in a park yet. The early planning so far seems a little early for us as we are spur of the moment types. We are keeping an open mind though.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question?

One question that I've been wondering concerning planning and FP+ reservations is, has anyone noticed if there have been changes to park hours after planning and selecting their FP+'s? That's the only thing that really concerns me, picking FP+ for a park and then the hours changing afterward, thereby possibly changing my park selection.

I know they've changed park hours before that eventually forced me to change the park I planned on visiting, but I can't remember if it was within 60 days of my original plan? I'm pretty sure it seemed like it was within 30 days or so.

Has anybody come across this scenario yet and changed their FP+ selections according to park hour changes?
    Last edited by TheHD; 06-21-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added question mark
    Disneyland 30+
    * 2000 (Jul) - Off-site * 2003 (Aug) - Contemporary * 2006 (Jul) - Fort Wilderness Cabins * 2009-10 (Dec-Jan) - Caribbean Beach * 2011 (Nov) - POP (13 days!!!) * 2013 (Jul) - Saratoga Springs * 2014 (Jul) Boardwalk Villas * 2015 (Jul) AKV/VWL * 2016 (Jul) OKW

DVC SSR > Mar-2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheHD View Post
    One question that I've been wondering concerning planning and FP+ reservations is, has anyone noticed if there have been changes to park hours after planning and selecting their FP+'s? That's the only thing that really concerns me, picking FP+ for a park and then the hours changing afterward, thereby possibly changing my park selection.

I know they've changed park hours before that eventually forced me to change the park I planned on visiting, but I can't remember if it was within 60 days of my original plan? I'm pretty sure it seemed like it was within 30 days or so.

Has anybody come across this scenario yet and changed their FP+ selections according to park hour changes?
    Yup. I've noticed changes. Heck, Disney changes hours in the DAY OF sometimes. However, that's nothing new. They've been doing that for years.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Glad to hear so many like it... I was all for it when it was first announced, and then hearing all the glitches and experiencing making the FP+ ressies last week made me leery of it.

But to know it's working well for many is encouraging... will report back in August on how we find it! Keeping !
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7 rides in 2.5 hours

I went to MK yesterday mid afternoon. It was busy. There were no mountain fp available or themes mine train, but everything else had fp still. I rode every ride with fp and got a pass and then ride it. Then kept getting a new fp and kept riding. I only had to wait in the kiosk line for each pass. I rode 7 things in 2.5 hours. It was fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I finally had my first official experience with FP+ last night as my 60 day window opened. I have to say, it was seamless and very user friendly. I am definitely encouraged. Instead of the booking window opening at 12am, it took until about 1am before my dates popped up. That was the only glitch. Everything was available to book. I did wait until the end of my stay to book A&E which proved to be a good call as there was little if anything available for earlier in my stay. So overall, so far so good.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think I would like the new system, but I do.

Post Thanks / Like

So nice to hear the positivity coming out for FP+!
    I'm heading down in September for my first trip since they started it and have been a little concerned, based on the overall negativity coming from a lot of folks.
    I'm a planner, so I see a lot positives, but this thread certainly excites me a little!
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

Sam Eagle: "WILL YOU STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS!"
    Gonzo: "What Foolishness would you like to see?"

Post Thanks / Like

We tried it a month ago. My only complaint is that it doesn't really allow you to gauge the crowds in a park for that day to see what you actually need a FP for. They say that it allows you to be more spontaneous, but I disagree. My definition of spontaneity at WDW would be to enter a park hit a few rides, see what lines are forming and then decide what you need a FP for and grab it

On our last trip, we wound up with FPs for rides that didn't need them, and we couldn't switch to rides that did, because there were no FPs left or the times didn't work with our schedule. It was a little frustrating. There were rides that we just had to skip and never got on. That never happened under the old system.

I mean, how am I supposed to know if I am going to need a FP or not to ride SSE on October 11th when i'm at Epcot? I wouldn't have thought I would ever need one for SSE, but the last time we were there (end of May), the wait for SSE was an hour, and we had 3 FPs in a different park for later in the day. So we couldn't switch.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I like it too. It is a little complicated when planning for a group, but I loved having our FP all planned out, like for Soarin'. It worked out perfectly. Glad to hear a positive story!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy it & it has changed the way we visit the parks for sure
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

We were never great users of the former FP system, but we decided to do some "playing around" with FP+. FP+'s weren't scheduled prior to the trip since we had to purchase a park hopper for one of our group. Once we had all tickets linked, we were able to use MDE on our smartphone and we scheduled FP+'s for several days; we were also able to change some times as we went along.

Our first test was in EPCOT. We scheduled morning FP+'s for Living Seas, Living with the Land and Norway and, in spite of the fact that it was a very hot, humid day, we had an enjoyable morning. Within 3-1/2 hours, we visited our chosen attractions, leisurely walked through Future World and part of World Showcase, and had lunch. I realize our choices may not be the most popular attractions for many people, but they work for us. We also scheduled FP+'s in MK, and finally were able to ride Peter Pan, which convinced me that FP+ is a good option, especially since the standby wait was ridiculously high.

For us, the best thing was being able to continue to "do Disney" the way that we have always "done Disney". We have never scheduled every day completely and have never been park commandos. We are also those people who "wing it" sometimes, and let Disney Transport plan a day by taking the first bus that pulls up to the resort.

In spite of the weather, which was much warmer than we prefer, we had a great trip, without stress.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: