Quantcast Mid-November crowds/weather :)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid-November crowds/weather :)

We are going again this year Mid-November for my Birthday and belated 5 year anniversary (it's our first November trip, usually we do September (Anniv) or December(xmas)).

Just curious what to expect with the crowds and weather. Its not Thanksgiving week, its apx the week before

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Mid-November crowds aren't too bad. Veteran's Day and "Jersey Week" cause an uptick around that time, but it's not horrible.

Weather is variable. It's generally pretty pleasant, but that's the time of the year where cold fronts are coming through so rain is always possible.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Not thanksgiving weekend, but the weekend after is a good time. We used to go years ago every year at that time. Parks were empty. Nowadays, is still a good time. The crowds thin out some right before the December explosion. Which is usually the second week.
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been there that week for the past couple years. The crowds are great. We've not had a long wait for anything except Toy Story Mania, which is to be expected.

The weather has been anywhere from the mid 70's to low 80's during the day, and low 60's to low 70's at night. We didn't experience any problems with rain either of the past couple years.

Post Thanks / Like

The time I am speaking of is Nov 14-22nd which is the week before Thanksgiving week

A big thanks to my fellow intercot'ers to those who replied; if anyone else has anything to share I'm still all ears

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, we'll be there the same week as you! We went this week last year as well. It was very cool (low 60's) one day, but the rest of the week was low 80's. Drizzle for a few hours on only one day out of the week. Crowds were manageable, but they were there. More people than I actually anticipated, but we all know that there are no slow times any more. The holiday decorations are all up and beautiful. Osborne lights are up. The castle show is holiday themed, and simply stunning. You picked an awesome week to go! We'll wave as we pass you by!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying, WDWCrazyKaren I'll send some pixie dust your way in the park

That's good to hear that its not too terrible crowd wise (as long as its not as crowded as 4th of July Im good LoL).

As for the weather, I was kind of hoping every day would be in the 60's and not 80's We were doing November this year to go when it was supposedly cooler as normally we go in September when it's in the 80's anyway. Might have to consider changing our plans back to September if the temps wont be any cooler anyway.. really trying to avoid the heat

Post Thanks / Like

We will also be there the same week as you guys. We went 3 years ago the week after thanksgiving and it was the best week ever. Very low crowds, the weather was absolutely perfect. We are hoping the week before thanksgiving will be just as nice. Enjoy your trips!!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpiosammy View Post
    As for the weather, I was kind of hoping every day would be in the 60's and not 80's We were doing November this year to go when it was supposedly cooler as normally we go in September when it's in the 80's anyway. Might have to consider changing our plans back to September if the temps wont be any cooler anyway.. really trying to avoid the heat
    The temps can be cooler, but there's no guarantees. Even in December you might see 80s. Temps in Orlando during the late fall and winter tend to fluctuate wildly. You might have a couple of days in the 80s, then rainy and in the 50s, then nice and in the 60s then back to 80 all in one week. That said, November is almost always cooler than September. Low to mid 80s are better than low to mid 90s. There's just no way to know right now what it will be this year.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all the continued input and reassurance

If anyone else has any other tibits on this issue feel free, I'll take a the info I can get

Post Thanks / Like

we will be coming in around the same time you're leaving maybe we can give a high-five on the way out. LOL
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed the humidity is lower that time of year, too.
    Susan A

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there as well from 11/13 - 11/24! Thanks everyone for the input, this is our first November trip as well.
    "Don't bustle me. Don't now-then me."
    --Eeyore

Post Thanks / Like

I'll gladly take the lower humidity! Thanks for the continued info

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the weather....hope for the best, but prepare for the worse. Better safe than sorry.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there the 9th through 15th. Just in time to catch the last day of F&W, and do a night for DVMCP (14th).

Great time to go.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there the 20th-30th. I expect there to be crowds the later part of the trip but we are going to relax and not so much do everything in the parks. This is our first time going for Thanksgiving normally we are there the week before Christmas so i'm really excited to see what all is different.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done that exact week in November twice - but it was about 10 years ago. However, I don't think weather patterns have changed too much!

The first time around we had low 80s and low humidity with 70s with low humidity at night. No need for sweatshirts, but short shorts at night were a bit cool - especially after a ride like Splash Mountain.

The second time around it was consistently cool. Low 60s to low 70s during the day and it hitting the high 40s/mid 50s at night. I remember wearing jeans and a sweatshirt a lot that trip!

So, you may have a shot at lower temps, depending on how the season turns out in FL.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there that same timeframe - from 11/20 - 11/28. We love it this time of year! MUCH cooler and less humid than September!! We usually go the week after Thanksgiving but switched to this week to catch the last check-in day of free dining. So this time the start of our vacation will be slower and the end will be busy. Usually it's the other way around, lol!

I get to make fast pass reservations tonight!! It's finally getting close!!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

We went slightly earlier than that in 2004 (October 21st to November 5th) and I remember it being hot, probably not as over-bearing as when we went in June but I can't say for certain as that had been a few years earlier so it's tough to compare.

As people have said, Florida weather is tough to predict in the winter. Generally less rain than the summer months but I have seen people say they have seen temperatures in the 60s up to the 80s.

Wikipedia even has a page recording times it has SNOWED in Florida... obviously not a very common occurrence but I guess it had to when they made Blizzard Beach!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: