Quantcast quick service plan - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

No, only 1 drink. Not a separate.

Should you buy in advance? I don't think it really matters. You can get there, look at the menus and if it makes sense you can buy it then.

Universal does have an Express Pass (which is their version of Fastpass). Unless you're staying on site you have to pay for Express Pass and you can only use it once per ride. If you're staying onsite at one of their deluxe level resorts then you get Unlimited Express Pass which you can use as much as you like. The Express Pass is good for most rides, but not for either HP ride.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the quick response!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a "fastpass" but you have to pay for it. Universal calls it Express Pass. Express Pass has two tiers - Universal Express Pass allows you to skip to the front of the line for most of the rides one time per day (excluded are the HP rides for sure - check availability). Universal Express Pass Unlimited allows front of the line access unlimited times. The cost of the Express Passes is flexible and depends what the crowd level is expected to be (more on weekends holidays etc.) Unlimited is included in some of the resort packages. I am going to try out The Unlimited Pass at the end of Sept. It came with our package so I plan to take full advantage.

I was also torn between getting the quick service plan. I opted out because my daughter is not a very big eater and it didn't seem cost effective for my family. I think the Universal plan is similar to WDW in that it works for some but not all. I think it boils down to what are the needs of your family.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

There are two non alcoholic drinks included in the plan. One is part of your meal. The other can be used any time.

I know I am repeating myself but the quick service plan per day includes....Two drinks, one snack, and your meal (entrée & side).

I know this for sure because we used the plan and as I posted above...you can look on the Universal web site for the detailed list.

For $20 I feel the quick service is worth it as long as you usually get a snack on top of getting lunch...You can use your snack credit for a Butterbeer or a Slush also.

What is nice about Universal is that not all in your party has to purchase the meal plan. We had 5 people and only purchased it for three of us.

Please also note that while Cabana Bay is an on site hotel. The unlimited Express Pass is not included with that hotel since it is a value resort.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as NJGIRL mentioned, the Universal site clarifies that there are 2 drinks included (with the quick service meal and then a separate "purchase").

My husband and I are going to give this a try on a day-by-day basis at the end of September. Our favorite restaurants are now included and this is a much better plan for the consumer (IMO) than the old plan. I think the old plan was great for people who wanted an "all you can eat" option, but I think that ultimately, Universal really listened to all those survey responses they collect and tailored a plan that works for more visitors.

For days that we go to places like Blondie's - it probably won't be worth it for us. With the most recent prices and the fact that we're not big snackers, I'd probably only spend $14.79 in the park per person that day: A sandwich at Blondie's, a bottle of water with lunch and a bottle of water later in the day. Then, we'll eat dinner at Finnegan's and probably rack up about $35.00. We probably only snack every other day. Or sometimes just split a snack. I think it's all that heat/humidity that kills my appetite.

For days like Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron - I think we'll definitely come out ahead! Definitely want to try out some of the new offerings!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    For $20 I feel the quick service is worth it as long as you usually get a snack on top of getting lunch...You can use your snack credit for a Butterbeer or a Slush also.

What is nice about Universal is that not all in your party has to purchase the meal plan. We had 5 people and only purchased it for three of us.
    Love, love, love that a lot of the HP snacks are not exempt from the meal plan.

Also love, love, love that not EVERYONE has to do the meal plan - SO helpful!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

ok last question, can I use the meals and snacks or drinks in any way I choose, like save a few snacks for the last day or have 4 drinks in one day? I will be getting a 7 day plan if I get anything and hoped it was like Disney where I saved some stuff for bingeing the last day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abbadab View Post
    ok last question, can I use the meals and snacks or drinks in any way I choose, like save a few snacks for the last day or have 4 drinks in one day? I will be getting a 7 day plan if I get anything and hoped it was like Disney where I saved some stuff for bingeing the last day
    yes you can....

BTW.....anyone can use the cards.......so don't loose them. you will get a card for everyday that you purchase the plan.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Good question and good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

thank u NJ seems like a waste of plastic to use more than one card...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abbadab View Post
    thank u NJ seems like a waste of plastic to use more than one card...
    maybe but if your party splits up and not everyone has the quick service plan it's easy to share the cards too. My kids had the cards and me and my husband did not, they did not have to show any ID....so I am assuming that adults don't have to either.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: