Quantcast quick service plan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default quick service plan

first time going to USO, ive been to Disney and had their quick service plans. wanting to know if USO's is worth the $20 per day.. any insight will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan to sit down to eat it's worth it (as opposed to just grabbing quick snacks here and there). You can easily get your money's worth with that deal between lunch and the snacks. But, if you're not careful, you can also lose money on it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind, the quick service $20 plan does not include any sit-down restaurants. So, you're basically getting a quick service meal (since they changed the plan this does not seem to include an additional drink), one non-alcoholic beverage, and a snack.

For us, we would consistently lose money because we're not fans of the quick service restaurants on the quick service plan. The plan only includes certain fast food, and they never include any of our favorites (Harry Potter restaurants, Blondie's, Simpsons area fare). Plus the plan only includes 1 non-alcoholic drink (to entice you into purchasing the unlimited drink refills and those giant containers are just a pain to carry around for us). So, we would end up spending additional $$ on beverages.

Also, we have found the sit down restaurants, particularly Finnegan's and Jimmy Buffets to be pretty cheap for a theme park so sometimes we opt for that for dinner and then we really don't have any need for a snack during the day thus wasting that meal plan option. For example, Finnegan's entree options run from $9.99 - 16.99.

We ran our receipts from last time and without tip, we're spending only about $65 on quick lunch and sit-down dinner for the two of us (sometimes with 1 alcoholic beverage!). With the Universal Meal Deal (the grander option that includes sit-down options and more fast food options) we'd be spending $51 per person per day. And again, we are only fans of 1 of the participating restaurants (Finnegan's).

For quick service, I think it all ultimately depends on where you want to eat. I'd suggest taking a look at the menus before you decide.

IMO the restaurants on the Quick Service Meal Plan are the weakest restaurants in the parks.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    Keep in mind, the quick service $20 plan does not include any sit-down restaurants. So, you're basically getting a quick service meal (since they changed the plan this does not seem to include an additional drink), one non-alcoholic beverage, and a snack. For us, we would consistently lose money because we're not fans of the quick service restaurants on the quick service plan. The plan only includes certain fast food, and they never include any of our favorites (Harry Potter restaurants, Blondie's, Simpsons area fare).
    It sounds like the plan may have changed since you were last there. When we were there in May we got 2 snacks (or, basically, a dessert with your meal and then a snack later) and the 3 Broomsticks was included (don't know about in Diagon Alley since I haven't been there). I'm pretty sure the Simpsons were included, too.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

The $19.99 plan is still listed as follows on the Universal website (I copied it since I'm not sure if I can link to their site). Perhaps you had one of the special vacation packages or the HP package? There is also a full dining plan for about $51 per person that can only be included with a vacation package and includes sit-down meals...

Here's the quick service plan from their site:

"Pre-purchase quick service meals, snacks, and drinks before you
    hit the parks.

What's Included?

Adults:

1 Quick Service Meal
    1 Snack
    1 Non-Alcoholic Beverage

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS®
    FLORIDA

Mel’s Drive-In
    Louie’s Italian Restaurant
    Beverly Hills Boulangerie
    Universal Studios’ Classic
    Monsters Cafe

UNIVERSAL'S ISLANDS
    OF ADVENTURE®

Comic Strip Cafe®
    Croissant Moon
    The Burger Digs®
    Cafe 4℠

UNIVERSAL CITYWALK®

Starbucks® Coffee
    Cinnabon®"

I might be missing other options beyond these and the Harry Potter packages?
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I might be missing other options beyond these and the Harry Potter packages?
    When we walked into the 3 Broomsticks for lunch we were greeted by a team member (or whatever Universal calls them) telling us about the dining plan. So it wasn't a special package or pre-bought or anything. We just walked in day of and bought it there in the 3 Broomsticks. It was $19.99/person and included meal, drink, and 2 snacks/person (which usually 1 is used on dessert with your meal). So we had dessert with the meal and then used the other snack credit to buy a butterbeer later. Maybe it was only different in May? I'm not sure. But it wasn't that day only. We got the same thing our second day at Universal, too, over at the Simpsons.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

ok last question, can I use the meals and snacks or drinks in any way I choose, like save a few snacks for the last day or have 4 drinks in one day? I will be getting a 7 day plan if I get anything and hoped it was like Disney where I saved some stuff for bingeing the last day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abbadab View Post
    ok last question, can I use the meals and snacks or drinks in any way I choose, like save a few snacks for the last day or have 4 drinks in one day? I will be getting a 7 day plan if I get anything and hoped it was like Disney where I saved some stuff for bingeing the last day
    yes you can....

BTW.....anyone can use the cards.......so don't loose them. you will get a card for everyday that you purchase the plan.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Good question and good to know!

Post Thanks / Like

thank u NJ seems like a waste of plastic to use more than one card...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abbadab View Post
    thank u NJ seems like a waste of plastic to use more than one card...
    maybe but if your party splits up and not everyone has the quick service plan it's easy to share the cards too. My kids had the cards and me and my husband did not, they did not have to show any ID....so I am assuming that adults don't have to either.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: