Quantcast Annual Pass Fastpass + Resort Reservation Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Annual Pass Fastpass + Resort Reservation Question

I currently have a reservation next month from Saturday to Saturday that I have made my fastpass reservations for 60 days out. I just found out I will be able to be in the parks for a few days one week earlier - not staying on site. I am an annual pass holder and I am within the 30 day window to make fastpass reservations. When I try to make a fastpass reservation for the non site visit it tells me all my fastpass are used. I called Disney and was told that I can only hold a total of 7 fastpasses in a 30 days window. So my 7 days of fastpasses for my on site reservation prevent me from getting any fastpasses in any park for my earlier non resort stay. I was told even when I entered a park I would not be able to obtain fastpasses until I used the 7 from my resort stay (which happens a week later). Anyone else have this issue and if so how did you resolve it? Does this seem stupid to anyone else?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

that does seem dumb. Many people do trips 7 days or longer.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I would give the tech desk another try. AP holders are restricted to the number of FP days they can book in a month to keep them from booking 30 days worth of FP but in this case it seems the system is confusing your AP days with your resort stay days which are separate .

The only way around it would be to take the end of your resort stay FP use them to your non resort days. Once you use one a non resort day, rebook a resort day.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not true

We will be there in four days and I have nine days of fast passes currently booked.
    Always let your conscience be your guide.
    -Pinocchio

2014 - AoA
    2013 - AKV Kidani
    2012 - AoA
    2011 - ASM
    2010 - BLT
    2009 - OKW
    2008 - ASM
    2007 - Pop
    1986 - FW
    1985 - FW
    1984 - FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clarkee View Post
    We will be there in four days and I have nine days of fast passes currently booked.
    Are you staying onsite for 9 days? I think that's the secret. In the OP's case they are staying on site for 7 days and trying to use the AP benefit FP beforehand.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I would give the tech desk another try. AP holders are restricted to the number of FP days they can book in a month to keep them from booking 30 days worth of FP but in this case it seems the system is confusing your AP days with your resort stay days which are separate .

The only way around it would be to take the end of your resort stay FP use them to your non resort days. Once you use one a non resort day, rebook a resort day.
    I called the tech desk again and again and received the same answer each time. I don't want to cancel my last resort days fast passes as we have friends that will be touring with us and we have already coordinated those fast passes.

I ended up booking on site for those days just so I could get fast passes. Turned out with the AP discount it was not that much more than off site.

Still very frustrated with this new system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaDisneyMom View Post
    Still very frustrated with this new system.
    I know that some (many?) like the reserve FP+ system, but I'm in full agreement with you! We just returned from 2 weeks down there, and the FP+ system doesn't suit our family's style at all. The "4th FP" (and beyond) is a bit of a joke IMO.

Sorry about your frustrations. Maybe an email to them would be in order.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: