Quantcast Villains' Sinster Soiree to be available at MNSSHP- hard ticket event $99 per ticket

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Villains' Sinster Soiree to be available at MNSSHP- hard ticket event $99 per ticket

From the Disney World Website

Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle
    Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends at the witching hour for the season’s most decadent dessert party. Taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, it’s the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle!

Set within the majestic halls of Cinderella’s Royal Table, don’t miss your chance to meet a menagerie of malevolent special guests—all while you indulge in devilish desserts and wicked entertainment.

As the evening continues, follow fellow Guests to the dining room, where the surroundings have transformed into an upscale, villainous atmosphere. Inside, enjoy the eerie entertainment as a piano player provides live music, accompanied by a few haunting solos from Lady Tremaine herself.

By purchasing a ticket to both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle, you’ll receive preferred viewing for the 8:15 performance of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, as well preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular.

Plus, you’ll be treated to the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Table—a delightful affair where you can feast your senses on Lady Tremaine’s eerie musical talents, over-the-top desserts and specialty non-alcoholic beverages. You’ll even receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup!

Admission

Admission to the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is available for $99 per person, plus tax (gratuity included).
    Please be aware that admission to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and is not included in the price.
    In addition, be aware that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event and is not included with admission to Magic Kingdom park.
    Reservations

Online booking is not available for the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle. To make a reservation, please call (407) 939-5262. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
    Reservations are highly recommended for the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table, taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014; and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014.

Check-In

To check in for the event, visit the Will Call booth outside the main entrance of Magic Kingdom park from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Starting at 7:30 PM, you may check in at the parade and fireworks viewing area in the central plaza by the Castle Forecourt Stage.
    Once you have checked in, you’ll receive a wristband identification, which must be presented to enter the preferred viewing areas and Cinderella’s Royal Table.
    If you choose not to participate in the preferred parade or fireworks viewing, you can check in at Cinderella’s Royal Table at your designated seating time.
    Additional Information

Entertainment and character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
    Reserved viewing for Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade is for the 8:15PM performance only.
    Wrist bands are non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
    Please be advised that seating is not provided at the preferred parade or fireworks viewing. Wheelchairs and Electronic Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) can be accommodated in the viewing areas and at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
    Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event.
    Offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
    There are a limited number of tickets available for this event.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned , these events are officially out of control. This plus the admission to MNSSHP would be $161 if you went on the least expensive night.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Are they freaking kidding?!?!?!!!!

Pay for MNSSHP and then pay even more for the Dessert Party????? This goes beyond the ridiculous. The only problem is that there will be people who actually buy in to both of these.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

At least they have to limit the number of tickets for the dessert party based on capacity of the restaurant. Although if they have two per night, I don't know what that does for the crowd that's given preferred viewing for the parade and fireworks.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I really have no issue with ticketed events, but in this case $161 per person for an evening out? Just nuts.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Halloween and a few other nights are already sold out.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Halloween and a few other nights are already sold out.
    Good news!

Yes it is expensive, but honestly Disney is a business. They have the right to make money. If people want to pay it more power to them.

It's not something I'm interested in [the Villains part], just because I'm not a villains type person.

But I just don't get the outrage. If some one doesn't like it, don't go. If they do, have a great time!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Wowie. They know the die-hards will pay the piper. For me, the cost is outrageous for an add-on to an event you are already paying for. But as long as people keeping buying in, they'll charge as much as they can get away with. My family would definitely be priced out.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! A hard ticket event for a hard ticket event. Shameful! Officially disgusted with these "extras".
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    You're getting a SHOW with your character-meal dessert, which would be nice, but keeping it in the closed space of CRT means they have to sell limited tickets.
    And hey, I remember when it was impossible to get limited tickets to the original Diamond Horseshoe show, and that was for free.

(At least they're catching on that people will pay extra for the cuisine and show, but not for overcrowding rare characters.
    They'll spend the next six months searching for how to make Harambe Nights happen again; let's just help them get through this phase as painlessly as possible.)
    True.

I do get that for some it IS expensive. For myself it is! Heck I think that it's ridiculous for them to charge $300 plus for hotel rooms. But hey if people will pay it, then it's not biggie.

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Wow! A hard ticket event for a hard ticket event. Shameful! Officially disgusted with these "extras".
    Right.. And to make the dessert party ticket more than the actual gate ticket for the event? Crazy, but as long as there are ppl willing to pay it they will continue to offer these events and ticket prices will just continue to rise
    I'm a huge villain fan.. But I'm also a fan of spending my hard earned money wisely ;-)

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it sounds really cool for an extravagant evening, but I would rather have a really nice dinner out somewhere. Also, I'm imagining that a family could pay big bucks for this only to find out that the kids who seemed brave enough end up really afraid of the villains.

It's not my kind of event. Character fans and fans of the villains in particular might make this a success for Disney, though. Events that close the park down early for other guests don't appeal to me all that much. I would rather they did special things for Halloween during the season and not close parks early and charge extra for attending events. But yes, if they can and do make money on these things, so it goes.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I don't get why people get upset when Disney does stuff like this. Last I checked this is how capitalism works. If there is a demand for speciality events and people are willing to spend the money then so be it. These type of events will only go away when people stop spending their money.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I think people are mostly expressing their dismay at the idea of spending their money on it. It's simply a preference thing. Some people will think it's worth it, others won't. We don't mind paying for a hard ticket event, but we do want to make sure we get our money's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I'm sorry I don't get why people get upset when Disney does stuff like this. Last I checked this is how capitalism works. If there is a demand for speciality events and people are willing to spend the money then so be it. These type of events will only go away when people stop spending their money.
    You're exactly right, but it still doesn't sit well. Does this event really need to be an additional $99 on top of the $60-$70 you are already paying per MNSSHP ticket? I doubt it. But, they know the villains are a hot commodity and for as many of us who can't or won't pay that price, there are double or triple that amount of people who are probably willing and able to pay for it. So can I blame them? No. Am I upset by this? Not really. Am I a disappointed? Yes. If I was an avid character hunter who wanted to meet the villains but didn't have much disposable income, I would probably be a little more upset at being priced out.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    So can I blame them? No. Am I upset by this? Not really. Am I a disappointed? Yes. If I was an avid character hunter who wanted to meet the villains but didn't have much disposable income, I would probably be a little more upset at being priced out.
    This.

And I think even if you have the disposable income it can be disappointing. I am by no means not in favor of special events that require an additional fee. I've done character meals, parties, special Food & Wine events. I love the F&W and liked that they added new events, but I think overall I am starting to have special ticket fatigue.

In the last three months we have special ticket Star Wars events, special ticket Animal Kingdom events, the after hours Epcot party, the special access Frozen tickets , the Villains Party and now the Sinster Soiree. That's a lot of new ticket events. As someone who goes to the parks rather frequently, I'd like to see them put as much energy into the overall park experience as they are into coming up with new special ticket events.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

So now hard ticket events have hard ticket events. Bring on the pay toilets!

'76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Be prepared for more hard ticket events... Got to make that money up from the boondoggle that is My Magic Plus, magic bands, NextGen, and FP+ since, you know, it isn't tricking guests to spend more money (in other words, it's not working!!!), not the way the MBA's sold it to the BoD anyway...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You're exactly right, but it still doesn't sit well. Does this event really need to be an additional $99 on top of the $60-$70 you are already paying per MNSSHP ticket? I doubt it. But, they know the villains are a hot commodity and for as many of us who can't or won't pay that price, there are double or triple that amount of people who are probably willing and able to pay for it. So can I blame them? No. Am I upset by this? Not really. Am I a disappointed? Yes. If I was an avid character hunter who wanted to meet the villains but didn't have much disposable income, I would probably be a little more upset at being priced out.
    I get what you are saying, my question is though is it Disney's fault or Disney's responsibilty concerning someone's disposable income?
    Example, I don't have enough disposable income to stay at moderate and up resorts, even the values [with out any discounts] are tough. Do I think the prices on their resorts are crazy? YES! However, I don't expect Disney to cater to me.
    If I want more disposable income it is up to me to do something about that, not Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't think so Disney....I'll just eat my Halloween candy and take my chances with a villain meet and greet

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: