Quantcast Movies you love.... but are sure

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Movies you love.... but are sure

Here's another one

Movies you love.... but are sure no one else has ever heard of them.

True Love...... 1989

The Convenant....2006

The Gift......2000

Soul Survivors....2001

Love the Hard Way....2001

Shattered....1991

Love You to Death....1990

Serial Mom......1994

Point of No Return.....1993

The Handmaids Tale....1990

It's funny years ago I could have been able to name Willie Wonka and Dazed & Confused, but with the WW remake and D&C becoming a cult classic, everyone knows about them now....but back in the day when I owed copies of both, people would tell me they never heard of either of those movies. They became popular years after first coming out.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

True Believer (1989) - James Woods and a young Robert Downey Jr
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of that one, but just looked it up and it sounds interesting.....may have to try to rent it.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Manhunter, the prequel to Silence of the Lambs. You get a first look at Hannibal Lecter as played by Brian Cox. Pay close attention to the scene on the plane. The director couldn't get a plane to film in on the set so booked a flight for cast and crew from Chicago to Florida and filmed in flight. I understand they gave the flight crew Manhunter jackets for allowing them to do it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bus Driver View Post
    Manhunter, the prequel to Silence of the Lambs. You get a first look at Hannibal Lecter as played by Brian Cox. Pay close attention to the scene on the plane. The director couldn't get a plane to film in on the set so booked a flight for cast and crew from Chicago to Florida and filmed in flight. I understand they gave the flight crew Manhunter jackets for allowing them to do it.
    Love the production story behind this one! I did see that movie a long time ago and thought is was good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Undercover Blues - 1993
    Kathleen Turner, Dennis Quaid, Stanley Tucci,

Hysterical movie. A family favorite. Still quoting lines from it 20 years later.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Peggy Sue Got Married is the first one that comes to mind. It used to get played on TV a lot, but most people just look at me quizzically when I mention it. Cheesy Nick Cage and Kathleen Turner movie, but I seem to be a sucker for any type of movie involving time travel.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Stardust with Claire Danes as a star that has fallen to earth.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I love "UHF" (1989) which is Weird Al's (currently) only starring role in a movie.
    "I also like Big Man on Campus" also from 1989. It's kind of a modern day "Hunchback of Notre Dame". I wish I could find this on DVD but only have it on vhs.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Peggy Sue Got Married is the first one that comes to mind. It used to get played on TV a lot, but most people just look at me quizzically when I mention it. Cheesy Nick Cage and Kathleen Turner movie, but I seem to be a sucker for any type of movie involving time travel.

I love this movie.....watch it every time it's on TV. I think I may have even seen it at the theater when it first came out. Cool to see a young Helen Hunt.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this post! I have been meaning to get a copy of I Love You To Death and never remember when I'm at the computer. Happy to say I just went on Amazon and will be getting it.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

A few come to mind:

Crossing Delancey--maybe not totally unknown, but still not one that I find a lot of people have watched. Some of the characters in this movie remind of my husband's relatives! And I love the romantic chemistry between Amy Irving and Peter Riegert. I've watched this many, many times.

The Snow Walker--a really beautiful movie that I first watched while on vacation in London (my jetlagged husband and son slept through it, which is just as well).

Hachi--oh my gosh, this "dog movie" made me cry, even more so than Marley and Me.

Dear Frankie--just watched this a couple of weeks ago. A simple, yet sweet film. I'm still thinking about it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Hachi--oh my gosh, this "dog movie" made me cry, even more so than Marley and me.
    Oh, we love Hatchi. Bought it for our dog after we rented it and he sat and watched the whole thing. Very sad but beautiful.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

Inside Moves.
    It has John Savage in it. Great movie about overcoming handicaps, both physical ones and ones that you create for yourself.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Year of the Comet with Tim Daly.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite comedy's "The Burbs". I do enjoy Tom Hanks and think this was one of his best. Gotta love the quote from the garbage man after 2 grown men jump in the back of the truck looking for a body "I hate cul-de-sacs there is only one way out". Then there is the teenager whose parents left home while on vacation. He goes and invites his friends over to watch the neighbors because its the best show in town. The ending is so over the top I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Worst Witch. It was an HBO special my parents taped in the mid-eighties and my sister and I watched it all the time as kids. We still do, and have it on DVD.

It's a pre-Harry Potter era movie about a boarding school for young witches and stars Diana Rigg, Tim Curry, and Mrs. Garrett from Facts of Life. When my sister and I met Tim Curry about 10 years ago we told him "we loved you in The Worst Witch" and he laughed so hard. Recently while watching Game of Thrones Diana Rigg plays Lady Olenna and we both went "it's Miss Hardbroom!"

Anytime I bring that movie up to someone in my generation they have no clue what I'm talking about but to me it's a classic!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

While I haven't seen the worst witch your post reminded me of Hocus Pocus with Bette Middler. This is a fun movie I always enjoyed watching it with my DD.

Post Thanks / Like

The Burbs was a funny movie....one of Tom Hanks better comedies IMO.......See my worst movies of all times list...Tom is on there.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    The Worst Witch. It was an HBO special my parents taped in the mid-eighties and my sister and I watched it all the time as kids. We still do, and have it on DVD.
    I loved that movie! Now I want to watch it again!

There's a Christmas movie called "29th Street" with Danny Aiello. It's like a mix of "Goodfellas" and "It's A Wonderful Life". The main character, it's based on a true story, has incredible luck but always manages to get himself mixed up with the worst people. It's a very funny movie and the dialogue sticks in your head.

Another one is "Under The Rainbow" with Carrie Fisher and Chevy Chase. It's about how the little people cast to play the Munchkins in "The Wizard of Oz" caused so much trouble in the hotel MGM put them up in during filming. It's a pretty ridiculous movie but my brother and I loved it when we were growing up. A few years ago, my Dad surprised us and tracked down a VHS copy on eBay.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: