Quantcast BOG - thoughts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: BOG - thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Wink BOG - thoughts?

From folks who have been there - what are your recommendations? Our first time there - with a large group (11) and wondering if you would suggest, and why, doing a CS lunch or TS dinner

Would appreciate any thoughts~
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't done lunch but have done two dinners - wasn't overly impressed during our first visit especially with the food but on our second visit, I made sure to order a different dish and liked it much better. Also, the server for our second dinner was much better than the first. Based on our second experience here, I would definitely return to this location for dinner.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a large group, jump on a reservation as soon as your 180 days opens. We've eaten both lunch and dinner, and we've decided to go with lunches from now on...although you can't book those until three weeks in advance it seems.. We like the menus better, although you can't see the beast at lunch! No stop and greet, but you can wait in line for a picture AFTER you have finished eating dinner.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

My recommendations?

Go in expecting a wonderfully themed restaurant that serves mediocre (at best) food.

We've only done dinner (twice - second time to see if the first was a fluke). Can't comment on lunch. Have had lots of close friends do lunch there - and while they think it's nothing impressive, I've not been myself.

I really like the interior, although they do have a lot of tables crammed inside. The theming is amazing. The idea is wonderful.

But the food? The service?
    On two occasions, we've had less than a stellar experience regarding the service. And we've been less than impressed with the food.

Disclaimer - we can be "foodies." We're not overly picky inside a theme park! We know where we're at. But this place... not impressed. LOVED the interior design and theme.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We've done both, lunch several times, dinner once. Like Pirate Granny, we're sticking with lunch.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bog

We have only been there for dinner and we loved it! We were in the west wing and it was so cool, there is a picture of beast as the prince but when you hear the thunder you have to look quick because the pic changes to beast and then changes back again. You also have the rose in the case on the opposite side. Then close to the end the beast appears in person and then you get to go get your picture taken with them. I understand that for lunch service beast does NOT appear in person. Hope to get to try lunch there in October.

We had a great server and have no complaints about the service or the food!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bog

Last year was our first BOG for Lunch that we got in line 10:15 and were in the door @ 10:30 and right to the Kiosk to order. I can eat anything and my DW is the "picky" eater. I got the tuna and she got the slow roasted pork and of course we both got our choice of cupcakes. We BOTH Loved everything from the short wait in line, the Opening and being invited to Be Our Guest and come inside, to Both Our Meals to walking around and getting a few pictures in the Rose Room. This year we have already gotten FastPass+ reservation for lunch again, this time at 11:20. Never done Dinner so I can't speak on one over the other. Our Lunch and Experience Where Both Great!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Thanks for the input, everyone!

My DH is not very thrilled about eating there as we are both foodies and appreciate a pretty decent meal for our money. I was more interested in seeing the interior of the place.

You can't just do a walk through, can you?
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We've only done dinner there once, haven't done lunch. All except one of us really enjoyed our dinner. I had the lamb and it was delicious! It was a very pricey meal. The rooms were really well done, great atmosphere. And, yes, I believe you are welcome to walk around and take pictures of each room, although we didn't try it. Beast did make an appearance while we ate. He just stepped into the room and waved. Then we had pictures taken with him before leaving. I really liked doing the picture after instead of before! Everyone has been fed and is happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresBestFriend View Post
    Thanks for the input, everyone!

My DH is not very thrilled about eating there as we are both foodies and appreciate a pretty decent meal for our money. I was more interested in seeing the interior of the place.

You can't just do a walk through, can you?
    Since you have the option, I would try to do a lunch here.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by tnpoohbear View Post
    We have only been there for dinner and we loved it! We were in the west wing and it was so cool, there is a picture of beast as the prince but when you hear the thunder you have to look quick because the pic changes to beast and then changes back again. You also have the rose in the case on the opposite side. Then close to the end the beast appears in person and then you get to go get your picture taken with him...

We had a great server and have no complaints about the service or the food!
    Same here!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the lone wolf I guess. I think the food was great! Though admittedly I can't afford to eat in 4 star restaurants so I can't compare.
    I love the open face ham and cheese [oh this is lunch. I haven't done dinner there yet].
    Also adore the French Onion soup, and the carved chuck roast on millet bread.

We tried to go on Sunday for lunch but but by noon they were at capacity and closed for the remainder of lunch. Which I had not seen before.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    My recommendations?

Go in expecting a wonderfully themed restaurant that serves mediocre (at best) food.

I really like the interior, although they do have a lot of tables crammed inside. The theming is amazing. The idea is wonderful.

But the food? The service?
    On two occasions, we've had less than a stellar experience regarding the service. And we've been less than impressed with the food.

Disclaimer - we can be "foodies." We're not overly picky inside a theme park! We know where we're at. But this place... not impressed. LOVED the interior design and theme.
    I agree, the food was good nothing outrageous. I loved the room. The only thing I mentioned to my DS was it would be cool if they had some sort of music from the movie playing. I think they should do some sort of show with the meals. I know its fast food, but it would have been cool if they would have something up above where it looks like a balcony that goes all around. I probably would do dinner if my DD was still small, but lunch again would be enough. The other thing is they didn't really have anything good for the kids NO chicken that was a little problem, but we made due over all it was a nice place to try. The service was ok they weren't really into it at all. They just showed up, gave you your food and left.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We did lunch there, it was ok. If you are a big fan of Beauty and the Beast, I would classify it as a must do on ambiance alone.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We got to eat here for lunch last year. We did a weekend trip taking an international student to MK one day and Universal to see Hogwarts the second day. So we didn't have any ressies anywhere.

I was pleasantly surprised that we were basically able to walk up! We got there when they just began serving lunches so I guess that was why, but I was surprised. There was a long line by the time we left though.

The atmosphere, as others have stated is wonderful. I would go here again just to see it again. The lunch menu did have some unique different dishes which was a nice change from other places.

I don't remember what we got, I'd have to go look through my photos to see since we take photos of all of our dishes, LOL. But it was good and I do remember enjoying my meal. Was it great? No, I have had better meals at WDW but I did enjoy it. I am curious what it will be like as we have dinner ressies for our Christmas trip this year. So I am not sure how different the menu will be or how the service will be, especially during that time of year. I wish the tables had a little more space and I remember it being kind of loud as people began packing in.

It is worth the experience at least once though!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loved it!

We had lunch there in December the year it opened. We (DH, 3DDs, 2DSs and myself) waited in line for an awfully long time, but I was determined to see the interior as well as try the food. We all enjoyed the atmosphere and thought the food was great. The service was great too. I was hoping to get a dinner ADR for our upcoming Dec. trip, but the place is booked solid. We are hoping to get in on the lunch FPs so hopefully we won't have to wait too long again.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: