Quantcast Best Italian at WDW

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Italian at WDW

We love Mama Melrose but haven't been at any other Italian rest. at WDW. Which ones would you recommend and why? any special entrees, desserts we should be looking for?. Starting planning for a 2015 vacation and food is very essential for us!! . Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the pizza at Via Napoli ... the melon/prosciutto pizza was amazing!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We also like Via Napoli.. Chicken Caesar salad and pizza are favorites of ours. Going to try Tutto Italia in November, we ate there when it was Alfredos and really enjoyed it.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Take it from me, a NYC born Italian American.
    There is no edible Italian food south of New Jersey.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

For real Italian we go to Tutto Italia. The food is always great. We just ate there last week and were again totally blown away.

The servers are beyond approach and the atmosphere is of fine Italian Dining without being a signature restaurant.

Via Napoli it good but just does not have the atmosphere of Tutto Italia.

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Itchy; 09-07-2014 at 06:12 PM. Reason: removed a word
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli is pretty good. I've had some good food at Tutto Gusto since it opened, the wine bar section of Tutto Italia, mostly small plates. And Il Mulino in Florida (Swan) is pretty much the same as Il Mulino in New York. I wouldn't expect delicious authentic Italian food at Tony's, and I've never been to Mama Melrose. But you should be able to get good meals at a few places in WDW (plus a new one opening up where Kouzzina is now).
    Last edited by SBETigg; 09-07-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: pointless argument :)
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We love Tutto Italia! On our last trip we were on the free DDP and we got the Candlelight Processional dinner package so we got the works. Everything was delicious! I enjoyed the olives so much, our server, Paulo, got me a to go container with enough to last the rest of the week. I highly recommend it! We aren't going to eat there on our upcoming trip. Everyone wanted to try some new restaurants, so we are trying Mama Melrose's with the Fantasmic Dining Pkg. I hope we enjoy it.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Via Napoli here! The pizza with cantaloupe on it is delish!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

It changes for us, but right now Mama Melrose is the best at WDW. Via Napoli is good but not as good as MM. That hasn't always been the case, as MM went through a few bad years.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

There's also Portabello's at Downtown Disney for Italian.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I had a fantastic Eggplant Parm at Tony's on our last trip. There are days when that dish is all I think about.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Just ate at Tutto Italia last week and it did not disappoint. My wife had the Ravioli di Ricotta and it was amazing.
    5/97-offsite 2/99-AS Sports 12/99-AS Movies 12/01-AS Sports 4/03-Disneyland 12/04-Port Orleans Riverside 5/05-Beach Club 12/06-AS Movies 10 yr anniversary 12/09-AS Movies-1st trip for our Princess 11/13-Port Orleans Riverside 9/14-AS Music - Night of Joy 2/16 - Caribbean Beach - senior trip

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli!!!!

We prefer Via Napoli over Tutto and Portobello

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One could also argue that there's very little edible Italian north of Rhode Island as well haha (I now live in MA)!

I'd go with Tutto Italia, I think they do a good job with a decent amount of the menu items. It's the closest to authentic Italian in WDW. Haven't tried Via Napoli, but from the reviews, I'd say it's also a good potential to try for Italian. I'd RUN away from Mama Melrose and Tony's.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One could also argue that there's very little edible Italian north of Rhode Island as well haha (I now live in MA)!
    This idea is just crazy wrong. It's not the location of the restaurant but who is running it, cooking in it. There are Italian Americans all over the USA with absolutely amazing restaurants. Paul Manno's in St. Louis, for example, is as good Italian if not better than some that I've had in NYC and Boston's North End. Il Mulino at the Swan is exactly the same as Il Mulino in NYC, with even some of the same staff has worked at both. Yes, there is a lot of bad "Italian" food out there, and some of it is even in NY, NJ, and Boston.

Location isn't what makes it great. You can't possibly claim to have tried every Italian place outside of your home region (or even in it) to even know what you're talking about. Yes, the Northeast is fortunately rich in great Italian food, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any to be found anywhere else. Perhaps you simply haven't found it yet. Don't be afraid to try.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if our joking was offensive. I was mostly kidding and all in jest. Of course, there is good Italian food to be found elsewhere, and I have had good Italian food in places like California and Las Vegas. I've even found a great Italian restaurant in Ireland.

Disney World and Montana... first hand experience - not so much

That said, it IS hard to find good Italian out of the region where so many Italians settled 2 - 4 generations ago, and have preciously held onto the traditions of their food culture IMO. I live just 13 minutes from the North End, Boston and have eaten in almost every restaurant. A good 70% are absolute tourist traps with many Americanized dishes, IMO - much like many of the NYC Restaurant Row and Little Italy options (always favored Greenwich Village fare).

I wish I was better at executing my grandmother's marinara - I'd save a lot of money searching for Italian in my travels haha!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I am a firm believer in "to each his/her own" and I truly hope that anyone trying the Disney Italian food choices has a very enjoyable experience!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    I am a firm believer in "to each his/her own" and I truly hope that anyone trying the Disney Italian food choices has a very enjoyable experience!
    Thanks for adding on. I wasn't offended. I just don't want to see people afraid to try new things or seriously believing that the only good Italian food outside Italy is in a certain region of the US. There are too many good restaurants around the country to so easily discount them all, and restaurant people work so hard.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli is very good, but good Italian places can be found almost everywhere...at least where I live in Delaware. You might want to try Tutto Gusto for some antipasti that is traditional. I really like their flatbreads and small plates. And wine, of course.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PETE FROM NYC View Post
    I understand. For us Via Napoli for pizza and Tutto Italia are the best in WDW.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: