Quantcast I'm a Big guy...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a Big guy...

was wondering if the coasters and other strapped-in rides have a row for larger people like me. I was in six flags this summer and the restraints took all the enjoyment out of the rides.

thanx

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Some do and some don't. If you're a big guy forget about Harry Potter. I'm 6'4", 295 lbs and couldn't ride it. But I was able to experience most everything else. The Minion ride allowed me to sit on the front (non-moving) row, which didn't have a lap bar. Other than that I didn't have much trouble with anything else (though I didn't try about half of the roller coasters)
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

seriously?? no harry potter! im 6'5 275# so I guess I am doomed. in this day and age u would think new rides would have accomodations for bigger ppl.. this stinks!

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely does stink. Now that I think about it, you might be able to do the new Gringotts ride. That wasn't open when I was there in May but I saw the ride vehicle and it looks very similar to the Transformers and Spiderman vehicles. I could ride those with no problem. The Forbidden Journey has a harness at the entrance that you can try to see if it would work, but it wasn't close to fitting for me.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My DS16 is 6'5" and 250 lbs was able to ride all of the rides at Universal and IOA. Rip Rocket was a close one based on his height.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

There are also special rows on certain rides like previously mentioned about Minion Mayhem.

For example, if I remember correctly, Rows 3 and 6 of The Hulk roller coaster are specially made for taller/larger individuals. I am on the petite side and I actually felt the difference in those rows (bounced around quite a bit more because of some extra room), so they are definitely different to accommodate guests.

From what I remember, the Forbidden Journey ride is more about the overhead restraint fitting with torso size, so I think it really depends on the person. It might serve you well to check out the test seat.

However, I think you'll find that most of the other rides are pretty accommodating. Plus, if you hate overhead restraints, coasters like Rip Ride and Rockit are just lap/thigh constraints.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

you may also want to try the test seat/log on Dudley Do Right Falls. Those seats are not very comfortable and do not seem like they would be very accommodating if you are on the bigger and/or long-legged side.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm short and fat and couldn't on any rides at the HP park....but did have a great time on the spiderman ride and the butter beer was awesome.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm fat too.

I went to Despicable Me at Universal Hollywood, and they tried for 10 minutes to get me on (didn't realize my vehicle was the problem as the lap bar did engage). They had no row alternative that evidently Orlando has.

I'm in the solid 300's. I can ride many of the Universal rides and all disney (except the matterhorn).

However, rides I've had issue:
    -Can't fit on The Mummy.
    -Dudley Do. Was able to squeeze in, but after being soaked, almost couldn't get out. Thought I was taking that log home.
    -Harry Potter, not even close.
    -Simpsons, is borderline.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR