Quantcast FP Return times

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: FP Return times

Post Thanks / Like

Default FP Return times

If you go to a ride or show and that wait time is an hour and a half they give you a return time right?
    How much of a window do they give you to return? if you're 2 hours can you still go on?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an exact time to enter for the show...you miss it, you've lost your fast pass. Rides give you one hour window...that's your hour...the only wait time I believe is the the frozen sing along. Come back and get in time, BUT you need to be in line at that time, not two hours later.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

They'll let you in five minutes early, but there is no give at the back end.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you may be asking about the DAS return time.

For a FP+ attraction, you're given an hour long window and you have to return within that window. I've been a few minutes (less than 5) early, and it has been OK, but really, you need to be there during the time.

For a show, there is a much smaller "window" given, and you have a FP+ for a specific show, with a time to return before that show to make sure you get a seat.

If you have a DAS pass, you're given a return time, and you're able to come back to the attraction anytime AFTER the time on the return. It won't "expire" and you can use it at anytime. However, you can't get another DAS return time until you've used your first one.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We were VERY surprised that this family was 5 minutes late in returning to a ride at the MK and was turned away! It was just 5 minutes!
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I was asking about the DAS. Thank you.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

When you present your DAS at the attraction entrance the CM will subtract 10 minutes from the current wait time, and that will become your return time. So if the wait time is one hour, your return time will be in 50 minutes.

You won't be admitted earlier than that, but there is no consequence for being late, except that you cannot get a return time for another attraction until your current one is used or deleted.

BTW, if you have changed your mind and no longer wish to return to that attraction, you can simply draw a line through the time entry that the CM put on your DAS. Your DAS is now clear, and you can go to a different attraction for a new return time.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing, the person that the DAS card is for, must ride the ride...they will check the photo ID. Once you draw that line through the time, you would have to have another CM at another ride give you another time if you plan to continue using the DAS later in the day, for that ride or another ride/show.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Default DAS pass

For the families that use this pass. Have things gotten better or worse since they changed it? Just curious do you notice a drop in people that are using it compared to the mass of people getting it before?
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    For the families that use this pass. Have things gotten better or worse since they changed it? Just curious do you notice a drop in people that are using it compared to the mass of people getting it before?
    I can't comment as a DAS user, but from my standpoint as a CM I have seen a huge decrease in the number of guests presenting a "disability card" at attraction entrances. The old GAC was clearly misused by many guests, and we saw the cards repeatedly hundreds of times a day at a single attraction. With the DAS we see far fewer uses of the card, and we no longer see young people racing through the park going from ride to ride using someone's GAC for quick, unrestricted access to the rides.

The DAS imposes a wait time on the user, which causes an unfortunate hardship on some. But it is now much more likely that users of the DAS card are truly deserving of the benefit.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    I can't comment as a DAS user, but from my standpoint as a CM I have seen a huge decrease in the number of guests presenting a "disability card" at attraction entrances. The old GAC was clearly misused by many guests, and we saw the cards repeatedly hundreds of times a day at a single attraction. With the DAS we see far fewer uses of the card, and we no longer see young people racing through the park going from ride to ride using someone's GAC for quick, unrestricted access to the rides.

The DAS imposes a wait time on the user, which causes an unfortunate hardship on some. But it is now much more likely that users of the DAS card are truly deserving of the benefit.
    Good to hear, Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

We used to use the GAC but haven't since the DAS came out because it is so similar to FP (especially at DL), we just use FP instead.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post

Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: