Quantcast No standby for Toy Story Mania this week?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No standby for Toy Story Mania this week?

There are reports that Toy Story Midway Mania is not allowing any standby guests this week -- only guests who have FP+ reservations. Can anyone confirm this, and if true, what's the story?
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What? That can't be.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It was NOT true yesterday.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I'm not liking how this is going. Hope this isn't true.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know what to think about this.

Orlando Sentinel
    10:38 am, October 6, 2014
    Visitors to Disney's Hollywood Studios over the next few days must use the FastPass+ reservation system to ride the park's Toy Story Mania.

Walt Disney World is conducting a brief test to try Fast Pass-only access to the popular ride. The resort tried a similar experiment recently for a meet-and-greet with Anna and Elsa of "Frozen" at the Magic Kingdom.

Disney is issuing additional FastPasses to meet demand, spokeswoman Marilyn Waters said, but she did not have numbers available.

"The whole goal is how do you give people the opportunity to do their top experiences without having to stand in line for an unreasonable amount of time," Waters said.

Under the FastPass system, people can make reservations for rides ahead of time or at kiosks in the park.

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Awful, awful, awful!!!

This didn't work for Soarin', so why do they think it will work here?

I'm so over FP+. It has NOT gotten better for me personally, nor have I 'gotten used to it.'

So in January I'll have to wait while my friends ride TSM, because they could book at 60 days out because they are staying at Caribbean Beach, and I can't until 30 days out because I'm at Shades of Green. Yeah, this is working great.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is true, what I don't understand is if someone wants to wait in standby, why take that option away? Unless they've gotten so bad at reporting wait times (or don't want to bother with it anymore).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    If this is true, what I don't understand is if someone wants to wait in standby, why take that option away? Unless they've gotten so bad at reporting wait times (or don't want to bother with it anymore).
    Because if you're standing in a 90 minute line, that's 90 minutes you aren't spending money.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope this is not an indicator where things are going.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole system stinks!!!

I could not book TSM, as I could one attraction in tier one, and my girls will take RNR over TSM any day. I'll have to try and get it, but it's doubtful.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    The whole system stinks!!!

I could not book TSM, as I could one attraction in tier one, and my girls will take RNR over TSM any day. I'll have to try and get it, but it's doubtful.

Julie

Right! Another good point. With the tiers, if this remains, if you choose RnRC, you won't ride TSM. What???? That's insane that Disney would/could dictate that.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going in less than 2 weeks. I don't have my tickets yet so I obviously don't have any FP+ reserved. My friend and I decided we would be okay doing standby and getting whatever FP are available once we are onsite.

There is NO good reason to remove the standby option. That is insanely stupid. They seem to be trying SO desperately to make this system work but it seems quite evident that it needs to be discarded and just allowed to go down as a huge mistake.

I mean, come on, don't try and dictate how people CHOOSE to spend their time. If the standby line is long, so be it. No one who really doesn't want to wait that long will get in the line.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    They seem to be trying SO desperately to make this system work but it seems quite evident that it needs to be discarded and just allowed to go down as a huge mistake.
    They've gone all in. I cannot imagine them rolling it back. The previous FP infrastructure no longer exists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    They've gone all in. I cannot imagine them rolling it back. The previous FP infrastructure no longer exists.
    They don't need the old infrastructure.

All they need to do is simply set up the FP like it was before, but rather than giving out paper tickets, just link them to the MB/Ticket media. They can use the same kiosks that exist in the central areas of the parks. You go up, and they will have a list of all the current FP return times. You pick the one you want, scan your band/ticket, and that's it. You go to the ride when your window has come up. Have it function the same as the old way, you must either use your FP or wait 2 hours to get another one. No holding onto multiples, no advanced reserving, etc. Take FP away from all rides that never had it before.

The magic bands are fine. They are not the problem, and for the most part, they work well. The real awful part of this is the FP+ system.

They KNOW it doesn't work. They were going to see how it went before they decided to convert Disneyland's over. From what I've heard, Disneyland will NOT be getting FP+ because it has not worked well at WDW at all...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I just don't know what to think about this.

Orlando Sentinel
    10:38 am, October 6, 2014
    Visitors to Disney's Hollywood Studios over the next few days must use the FastPass+ reservation system to ride the park's Toy Story Mania.

Walt Disney World is conducting a brief test to try Fast Pass-only access to the popular ride. The resort tried a similar experiment recently for a meet-and-greet with Anna and Elsa of "Frozen" at the Magic Kingdom.

<snip>
    Is the Anna & Elsa meet & greet still only fp+ or have they gone back to stand by as well?

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a report that this is a test to see how a FP+ only line would work because they are going to add a second track and are considering doing one track standby only and one as FP+ only. I have no idea if it is true or not. The report also said the test runs through October 9th.

Not unexpectedly the Twitter buzz is the test is not going well.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I saw a report that this is a test to see how a FP+ only line would work because they are going to add a second track and are considering doing one track standby only and one as FP+ only. I have no idea if it is true or not. The report also said the test runs through October 9th.

Not unexpectedly the Twitter buzz is the test is not going well.
    That's a believable rumor. Since most people are expecting the soundstage to become another track for TSM, making half of it FP only and one walk on would be good knowledge to have.

The trick about having it FP only is balancing the number of FPs given out. Too many and you create a line that negates the FP; too few and you are not running the ride a capacity. If they do build another track and do the queues like this it will also be interesting to see how much faster the walk on line moves.

Post Thanks / Like

Look: this is awful for people who are there during this testing week. No doubt about it.

They are being used as guinea pigs.

Other than that, this testing is completely necessary. Disney is trying to solve a problem. They tried something similar at Soarin (similar, but not exactly the same) and it didn't work.

Now they are testing a tweaked version on the test at TSM.

These are only tests. We don't know why they're testing or what exactly they are testing.

It stinks for the guinea pigs, but I do think they are testing these things to try and make the experience better for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default From Bad to worse

Are they purposely trying to lose customers? Thats all I can figure. Maybe things have become too popular and overcrowded. This makes no sense at all. Lets build a theme park so popular that you have to schedule what you're going to ride or eat months in advance, then if its still too popular we'll just take away more options so less people will visit. Is that it?

Post Thanks / Like

Disney is issuing additional FastPasses to meet demand, spokeswoman Marilyn Waters said, but she did not have numbers available.

"The whole goal is how do you give people the opportunity to do their top experiences without having to stand in line for an unreasonable amount of time," Waters said.
    I'm sure the real goal has nothing to do with this. It's Disney manipulating the masses yet again for whatever reason (some sort of financial gain would be the obvious guess). Whoever posted that guests "testing" the FP+ only TSM over the next few days are "guinea pigs" had it right.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: