Quantcast The Flash & Gotham ..how popular are they in the USA ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Flash & Gotham ..how popular are they in the USA ?

We're due to get the Flash and Gotham starting in the UK this month .Just wondered how they have been received by your yourselves
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the pilots for both. Really enjoyed Flash, but doubt I'll be investing anymore time in Gotham. Not sure how they are faring ratings wise though.

Post Thanks / Like

As I'm not a Super Hero type fan the only one I have any knowledge of is Batman. My adult kids were little when the original TV series ran and would not miss an episode. (Amazing how many times I got them to do the dishes for the privilege.) I think I've seen 4 or 5 of the batch of movies. That said I am finding Gotham interesting and rather fun to see the backstories. Would I give up watching something I really, really like to watch...not likely. In this age of DVRs and On Demand you do have a bounty of options to watch a lot of garbage that in years past you wouldn't have.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched Gotham yet, have 3 episodes in my dvr waiting for a viewing.

The one thing I came across when I was looking something else up, was that the premiere ratings for Gotham were down compared to the premiere of Agents of Shield. Granted, Agents couldn't hold onto their premiere ratings either.

Its broadcast on Fox over here, so that generally gives a show a bit more breathing room with regards to cancellations/renewal. Fox doesn't have much else going for it with regards to scripted drama, so Gotham should be good for renewal.

Alas, Gracepoint (Broadchurch remake) doesn't seem to be faring as well ratings wise.

Haven't seen the Flash yet, will wait to see what general reviews are and odds of cancellation.

Post Thanks / Like

The Flash premiered last week and came out rather well. Although there were some inconsistencies with the roll out of the character in the Arrow series last season, the changes were fitting with the new show. It will take some more development of the main characters, but that is to be expected. All in all, I will give it more chances. It seems a littler 'lighter' than either Arrow or Gotham, but that is not a bad thing.

Gotham is a little different. First off, it is NOT a Batman story. It is a Jim Gordon story. Yes, the characters are mainly Batman-centric, but as seen from a younger viewpoint that is primarily Gordon's. The character actors in this show are very well cast and the show holds promise. It looks like the show runners took some hints from the dark side of Arrow (Yes, I know, different networks.) and have seen that they can hold an audience this way.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I like both so far. Gotham falls a bit short of perfection for me because I think Ben McKenzie as Gordon is miscast, and he's the main character. The scenes when he's home with Barbara are excruciatingly boring in my opinion. Also the Alfred character is bit strange. I like pretty much all of the other casting choices, and am enjoying seeing the origins of some of the villains.

The Flash is fine for what is is- A somewhat cheesy CW show.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I like Gotham .. Jim Gordon might be the main character that ties everything together but the reality is its about the villains I am enjoying the slow change from Oswald Cobblepot to the Penguin. Then again knowing who the villains are before they really become villains can take a little of the fun out of it
    92 Fort Wilderness.
    96 Disney Institute
    2000 Off site
    2009 all star movies.
    2011 Port Orleans FQ
    2013 Port Orleans FQ
    2016 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Gotham was renewed already.
    1972 Offsite
    '74 Polynesian ($27/night)
    '78 Quality Inn aka Sheraton Studio City
    '80 Disneyland
    '97 Hilton
    '98, '99 All Star Music
    2000, '01, '02 All Star Movies
    '05 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06, '07, '08, '10, '11 Pop Century
    '07 Disneyland Paris (daytrip)
    '11 Dream cruise

Post Thanks / Like

The young woman who plays the future cat woman is beautiful.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Watched Gotham last night and I thought it was very good has lots of promise
    The FLash has it's premier next week and am looking forward to it

Also Arrow starts as well and I love that programme 😄
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

My update - tried of Gotham half way through last week's episode. I'm done.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI

Post Thanks / Like

Gotham: pretty darn good show...

The Flash: Pretty awesome show...

Arrow: I actually love it...

Why is it DC can get the TV shows right but their movie universe is horrible?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I love gotham. Haven't seen the others.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got caught up on Gotham. Surprisingly, enjoy it, really like the actor playing Gordon. I must be getting feeble in my old age, took me a lot longer than it should have to identify the future Riddler. Mr. Enigma. Watching the Penguin evolve has been very good.

Found the Flash on demand over the weekend and got caught up. Enjoyable in a bit of a cheesy way, but I like that they've introduced several elements of mystery right from the beginning, things the viewers know but the main characters don't.

I haven't seen Arrow, but have heard some good things, and they did a tie in with the first episode, so I may need to see if I can find it on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Post Thanks / Like

I have really got into Gotham it's brilliant I hope there's a second series in the making

Flash is really good fun

Arrow is still brilliant as always
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I find Edward Nygma (soon to be the Riddler) to be an interesting character, but not quite where I would have gone with the character. I am quite enjoying his storyline, though.

Selina Kyle/Cat is an underused character at this point, but I believe they chose a young woman who will fit the bill quite well. It doesn't hurt that she looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer either.

Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin is an amazing character on this show. Dark, twisted and utterly vile, yet doing everything he can to try to get into Gordon's good graces.

Bullock is played well be Donal Logue. Much as I would have imagined the character in real life. Another good casting move.

Bruce Wayne, even as a young man, seems to be a bit stuffier than portrayed even in the Frank Miller versions of the story. Will need to see the characters growth.

Alfred Pennyworth is the ultimate butler/manservant. Showing that he has a military background that comes out only when absolutely necessary and that he is not only a caretaker for the young Bruce, but actually cares for and about him brings him out of the supporting character role more into the spotlight.

The mobsters (Falcone and Maroni)/Fish Mooney storyline is kind of a throwaway, but binds the show together from week to week, keeping it from getting into the 'villain of the week' mode as they build on the "traditional" characters. Yes, I know the mobster storyline is part of the Gotham/Batman mythos, but it isn't flowing as well as it could.

Barbara Kean can be rewritten from day one. Unless the writers have a plan that no one else can see, the character is a failure and not someone I could see ending up with Gordon.

This coming week they are introducing the character that will become the Joker, so that should be interesting. From the preview, I'm liking where they are going.

Those are just the main characters, as I see them. I will stick with the show, as I am enjoying it so far, and see where it goes.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Bud, I pretty much agree with your analysis. I didn't like Alfred at first, but now I do. Barbara is by far the weakest link. My husband hates the Fish Mooney storyline.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Bud, I pretty much agree with your analysis. I didn't like Alfred at first, but now I do. Barbara is by far the weakest link. My husband hates the Fish Mooney storyline.
    I hate the Fish Mooney storyline as well... Time to off her...

This past episode introducing Joker, wow, the actor portraying Joker was spot on... His evil smirk, the evil laugh... Perfect...

And on Flash, we now know one of the Reverse Flash identities... Yes, I believe there are more than one... Remember, there is also Professor Zoom.... And GRODD!!! Oh man, Grodd is going to be killer... New episodes March 17th... can't wait...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Oh man, Grodd is going to be killer...
    Purposeful pun there DF2K2????

I forgot about running down The Flash.

Barry Allen/The Flash -- Didn't care for him as he was rolled out on Arrow, but as the show progresses I am really starting to like the actor/character. It is nice that he is slowly learning his capabilities, rather than just "having them."

Caitlyn and Cisco are OK, but does anyone else think that they are a little dumbed down as far as personality goes? Sure, they are borderline geniuses and can whip up gadgets in no time, but they are so "meh" as characters.

Dr. Harrison Wells -- Good casting job putting Tom Cavanaugh in the role. He seems to really get the character. We'll have to see whether the story line works or not. So far, so good.

Det. Joe West -- In my opinion, the best character on the show to this point. Being a surrogate father and mentor to Barry and dealing with knowing about the Flash, yet keeping it all together.

Iris/Eddie -- Yes, I'm putting these two together as I think they could go off show and not hurt anything. Just seems like a forced storyline at this point.

Now, all that said, as a whole, the show works and I will keep watching and enjoying it.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Purposeful pun there DF2K2????

I forgot about running down The Flash.

Barry Allen/The Flash -- Didn't care for him as he was rolled out on Arrow, but as the show progresses I am really starting to like the actor/character. It is nice that he is slowly learning his capabilities, rather than just "having them."

Caitlyn and Cisco are OK, but does anyone else think that they are a little dumbed down as far as personality goes? Sure, they are borderline geniuses and can whip up gadgets in no time, but they are so "meh" as characters.

Dr. Harrison Wells -- Good casting job putting Tom Cavanaugh in the role. He seems to really get the character. We'll have to see whether the story line works or not. So far, so good.

Det. Joe West -- In my opinion, the best character on the show to this point. Being a surrogate father and mentor to Barry and dealing with knowing about the Flash, yet keeping it all together.

Iris/Eddie -- Yes, I'm putting these two together as I think they could go off show and not hurt anything. Just seems like a forced storyline at this point.

Now, all that said, as a whole, the show works and I will keep watching and enjoying it.
    Grodd, from what I remember, doesn't really kill... he captures humans to turn them into gorillas to serve him... I guess you can say he is killer LOL...

Caitlyn will get interesting... She does become Killer Frost after all... Cisco becomes Vibe down the line.. If they go this route... So their characters will get interesting...

Tom Cavanaugh is my fav on the show, to be honest... I think he plays his character perfectly...

Iris/Eddie is a necessary story arc and characters... I hope by seasons end they do more with them though...

Not sure if you are familiar with the comics and all the characters, but Professor Zoom's true identity is Eobard Thawne... Eddie's last name is Thawne... So either Eddie becomes Professor Zoom in the show, or he is strictly a descendant of Eobard in the show...

I have a feeling by season's end, Iris falls for Barry, and leaves Eddie, causing Eddie to hate Barry and vow to get back at him... Thus, in Season 2 becoming or starting to become Professor Zoom... Just a guess on my part...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: