Quantcast Baby's first visit!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Baby's first visit!

Hello All!

In January my husband and I will be competing in the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend. We'll also be bringing my son along, who will be 10 months at that point. I'm a bit nervous to bring a child so young to the parks as I'm not sure it won't be complete stimulation overload. My greatest wish is that he would instantly take to it but I'm trying to be completely realistic. What have been your experiences in conquering the parks with an infant this age? Also, any tips? TIA!

Meagan
    Disney baby #1 - 03/15/14

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My best advice is to go along with the baby's moods. We have many happy memories with our kids at Disneyland while they were under the age of two. There were times we didn't visit many attractions but the kids were having fun. Sometimes just getting out of the stroller in a secluded, light traffic area is a joy for a young one.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to mentioned that the most kid friendly areas are Fantasyland (of course) and Bugs Land in DCA. I don't have any experience of bringing kids to the parks, but those are two areas that you don't really need to worry about most of the rides.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, all! Yeah, I was thinking we would probably just hang around Fantasyland, Mickey's Toon Town, and A Bug's Land in DCA. I don't think we'll be at the parks for more than say 3 hours at a time. I'm okay with that though, lol. I'm just so very excited for my little man to experience the parks for the first time. Even if he'll have no memories of this first trip!
    Disney baby #1 - 03/15/14

Post Thanks / Like

We took our 11 month old daughter to WDW two years ago, we had a blast and so did she. She loved the rides and the characters. We were able to stay in the park all day, she took naps in her stroller. We bought a blackout cover for the stroller and she slept for a couple of hours. Also, make sure to take advantage of the baby center, if your little one needs a break from all the sights and sounds in the park the baby center is a nice quite place. They even have a few baby items on hand to purchase if you need them. And not sure if you're a local, but we used a grocery delivery service for diapers, baby food and other items that would take up to much room in our suitcase, They will deliver to your hotel.
    Next week we are going to be going to DL with our two year old and 2 month old :-)

Post Thanks / Like

People I know always say the child won,t remember anything and they may be right, but YOU have those memories and they are priceless. Have a wonderful time with your son.

Post Thanks / Like

I started taking my boys to Disneyland at 4 months old. IMO, there is no such thing as "too young." Make use of the Baby Care centers in both parks and don't really expect TOO much in terms of actual reactions to things. Kids that age are just sponges, talking in everything. You can take him on a lot of rides so just go with the flow.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler