Quantcast Now I understand the frustration with FP+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Now I understand the frustration with FP+

After 3 trips using FP+ this trip I am planning has been frustrating.

We are staying at Shades of Green. I thought this was a perk for military families. It should get the same privileges as onsite guests.

Can't use magical express which was disappointing. Besides the extra expense, I will miss this traditional beginning to our trip. I am sure a town car will be nice but would have rather gone with ME.

Had to wait until 30 days before trip to start picking FP+. Several options are no longer available. No 7DMT, parades or Wishes at MK. Other passes show up no availability. Plus you have to do one day at a time instead of entire trip.

Will I not receive a FP choice for BOG?? Bummer....

The good news, only 27 days until we leave!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the new system can be extremely frustrating. Keep trying for those fastpasses you want - you never know when they might pop up as others tweak their on fastpasses!!

I'm not sure who they are offering the Be Our Guest fastpasses to. I think I have had three trips since this fastpass first started. The first time I received an invitation to participate was on my most recent trip (2 nights on Disney property with a 1 day 1 park ticket to the Magic Kingdom) - go figure??!! (By the by, we did not use this option as we had already made lunch reservations at the Plaza Restaurant and I also did not want to disrupt any of the fastpass+ reservations I had already made)O.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I got an invitation for my previous 3 trips since the new system started. They all came about 27 days before my trip so I am still hoping. Would love a dinner seating but nothing yet. My husband really doesn't care so it will be ok if we don't get one but I would like to go. I think he remembers the first time we went and stood on the bridge for over 30 minutes. He has no interest in going again since he got kinda burned out from that experience ( pun intended ).
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Even at 60 days out I couldn't get the Dwarf ride. I'm still checking periodically. Perhaps I can get one once we get there. Worst case, I'll have to wait in line. We generally plan 2 days at MK during out 5 day trip. I can happily report I was able to get BOG around the 25 day mark.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

We leave on Sunday for a 6 day stay. At 60 days out I also could not get 7DMT for the whole time we are there.

We also got the invite for fastpass lunch at BOG. I have checked every day since then and still nothing available. Why even send the invite if you know you are already booked for that time frame? Makes no sense to me, all they did was get our hopes up and then we were disappointed! I think they need to rethink that one!
    OFFSITE 1975
    OFFSITE 1989
    CBR JUNE 2006
    CBR MAY 2007
    CBR OCT 2008-MNSSHP
    AS MOVIE APRIL 2009
    WILDERNESS LODGE DEC 2010-MVMCP
    CBR NOV 2011
    CBR OCT 2013-FREE DINING PIN!

CBR NOV 2014-FREE DINING
    CBR SEPT 2015
    CBR OCT 2016-FREE DINING BOUNCE BACK OFFER

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling people have found the loophole in the FP+ system. You can book two separate reservations. The first one a 2-3 week trip that will span over your real trip. Book the fastpasses there and then transfer them to the real reservation after.

I am experiencing this for the first time now. There are huge disadvantages to not being able to just get them at the rides the day of. For me this is not a great issue because we are taking 2 7-night trips over a 7 week period. Whatever we don't get done on the first, we will get done on the next. We have also been enough that if we don't hit a ride, we get to it another day or the next trip.

The benefit I have is getting a 2BR almost on property for $500 for 7-nights. This is less than half the price of a standard room at a Value resort for the same period. For that type of savings, I can deal with missing an attraction.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe no one wants to hear this, but I like the new system. For example: In the old system, if I wanted to do breakfast, or just get to HS a little later, then say goodbye to any chance of doing TSM. The fastpasses were all gone by 10am. Now I can just book it from the comfort of my home (with no frantic rush to get to the kiosk and then wait there for 25 minutes to get the fastpasses). Which reminds me of another thing I think is better now. At rope drop I used to have to race to Attraction 1 to get a fastpass and then race to a Attraction 2 to ride before the line started getting long. Lots of racing around at 8am... especially if your faves are far apart (like in AK). Now I have fastpasses for both of them before I even get to WDW. Love that! I used the magic bands for the first time in October by which time it seems many of the kinks had been worked out so I haven't had any of the frustrations that I know so many people have had. Now that they seemed to have worked though a lot of those issues hopefully people will start to enjoy the convenience of the new system.

Linda

2010 - POFQ
    2012 - POP
    2013 - SWAN
    2014 - SWAN
    2015 - DLR (offsite)
    2016 - SWAN
    2017 - DLR (offsite)
    2018 - DOLPHIN
    2018 - Fall trip - in the planning process!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep trying on be our guest. My friend who just went with us got it a few days before leaving.
    Hope it works out!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

At this point I have reserved our FP for our Christmas week trip and as of now I am not a fan! I did not like having to plan what park we would be at 60 days out. As others have said, at our 60 day point many popular things were not available!
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: