Quantcast What's the Deal? / Thread Killer - Page 44
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
Results 861 to 865 of 865
  1. #861
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,208
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, so far, 2021 has not started off very well. Even more political chaos, and the Covid-19 pandemic raging on worse than ever. But I'm hoping the vaccine availability gets more widespread soon, so that we can get this thing under control and my wife and I can get back to WDW. Maybe things in Washington, regardless of one's preferred political persuasion, will even get a little more calm this year. I for one, would like to see more political effort put forward to deal with the pandemic now that the election is over.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #862
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,484
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    Well, so far, 2021 has not started off very well. Even more political chaos, and the Covid-19 pandemic raging on worse than ever. But I'm hoping the vaccine availability gets more widespread soon, so that we can get this thing under control and my wife and I can get back to WDW. Maybe things in Washington, regardless of one's preferred political persuasion, will even get a little more calm this year. I for one, would like to see more political effort put forward to deal with the pandemic now that the election is over.
    This is probably more relatable to Jon's "How ya doing?" thread. Although I'm with you on some things settling in 2021. I'm hopeful that we can return to some post-COVID normalcy by spring. I know sports seem to be "managing," but it would be nice to see kids get back to more in person classes, proms and graduations. Political matters, that's a different story. I'd see at least another five years of chaos (and probably more). I'll keep politics out of it, but the media (including Disney) bears much of the blame for our current condition.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL
    , 06/21 BLT

  4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  5. #863
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why is the sound of crickets chirping so relaxing? I found a Blue Bayou Ambiance Loop on Youtube to listen to while I'm here at work. Blue Bayou has always been my favorite Disney restaurant. When I was young, I would dream of eating there as we floated by on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. My parents couldn't afford to take us at the time. The bayou scene in the California version was always my favorite with the cricket sounds and the fireflies. I was a little disappointed when the Florida version didn't have it. *sigh* Why can't Disneyland be open?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

  6. #864
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,484
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Why is the sound of crickets chirping so relaxing? I found a Blue Bayou Ambiance Loop on Youtube to listen to while I'm here at work. Blue Bayou has always been my favorite Disney restaurant. When I was young, I would dream of eating there as we floated by on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. My parents couldn't afford to take us at the time. The bayou scene in the California version was always my favorite with the cricket sounds and the fireflies. I was a little disappointed when the Florida version didn't have it. *sigh* Why can't Disneyland be open?
    I believe their parking lots are being used to stage COVID vaccinations. Hopefully by summer (June)!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL
    , 06/21 BLT

  7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
  8. #865
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I believe their parking lots are being used to stage COVID vaccinations. Hopefully by summer (June)!
    Hopefully when they open, it is the real deal. Not a watered down version like WDW.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site