Quantcast DL which park, which day???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default DL which park, which day???

It looks like we may be able to pull off two days in the parks after all. We are keeping it as a surprise for the kids. They will think we are only doing one park, Magic Kingdom, or is that park's official name Disneyland???

Anyway, the dates we will be able to do the parks are New Years Eve and New Years day. Which park should we do on which day? Will one park be busier than the other on New Year's Eve? Does one park have more NYE events than the other? Totally clueless here so any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can give you some general information since even though I live close by, I've never actually been inside the parks on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.

Both parks have New Year's Eve shows. They will do a countdown in Disneyland and CA Adventure parks. In fact, New Year's Eve is the only time fireworks are ever done in CA Adventure. That alone to me makes it seem like a good choice for New Year's Eve. Though, I've heard the NYE show is good there as well.

I would expect both parks to be very busy, but since CA Adventure has more space in the walkways than Disneyland, it will handle the crowds better. For me, another reason to do New Year's Eve there.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. There have been a couple of years that the fog has come in on New Years and made seeing the fireworks difficult. Though, that is more of an issue at Disneyland, since the fireworks launch higher than those at CA Adventure.

If you do choose CA Adventure, get there at opening. Get your FastPasses for Radiator Springs Racers. Not sure how they do the viewing area for World of Color on NYE. Normally you need a Fast Pass for World of Color. I'm guessing the same would be true for the NYE countdown, but maybe someone who has done that, can let you know how they handle that. Is it a 3rd viewing of World of Color, combined with NYE countdown?
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Do DCA on NY Eve. It's larger so it can hold more people without feeling claustrophobic. Be aware that on NYE, if you leave the park, for any reason, you may NOT be guaranteed re entry, even with a hand stamp. The parks close to capacity every NYE and if that happens and you are outside the gates, you are not getting back in. There will be signs up at the exit turnstiles warning you of this. So choose a park, get there early, and commit!

New Years day is a surprisingly slow day. Go to Disneyland.

FTR, it is Disneyland, not Magic Kingdom.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: