Quantcast What is Castle Hub construction for? - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    The picture with the "west" firework viewing area is indeed the west viewing area (left of the castle if you are looking at it from the hub). What you are seeing in that photo is the West sign and then seeing clear across the hub and seeing Tomorrowland in the distance.
    If you look closely, the sign says Garden Plaza East, the West Firework Viewing.. If this is on the west side of the plaza, then the sign should read Garden Plaza West, West Fireworks Viewing...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldDuck1117 View Post
    The picture with the "west" firework viewing area is indeed the west viewing area (left of the castle if you are looking at it from the hub). What you are seeing in that photo is the West sign and then seeing clear across the hub and seeing Tomorrowland in the distance.
    Look right under the light on the green frame...It says "Plaza Garden East" in white lettering. That should be "Plaza Garden West." The fireworks viewing area sign is correct.
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Look right under the light on the green frame...It says "Plaza Garden East" in white lettering. That should be "Plaza Garden West." The fireworks viewing area sign is correct.
    Unless, of course, there are actually two fireworks viewing areas on the East side of the Plaza Garden. In that case, there could be a "East Fireworks Viewing Area" and a "West Fireworks viewing area" - both in "Plaza Garden East".

    Or, this area is only for viewing the "West Fireworks" and you're not allowed to view the main fireworks show which would be to the North.



    Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

    Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    2,868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    Unless, of course, there are actually two fireworks viewing areas on the East side of the Plaza Garden. In that case, there could be a "East Fireworks Viewing Area" and a "West Fireworks viewing area" - both in "Plaza Garden East".

    Or, this area is only for viewing the "West Fireworks" and you're not allowed to view the main fireworks show which would be to the North.



    Steve
    Yeah, I forgot, this is Florida where you can have a North West Street Avenue East....
    -Bud

    Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

    Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

    Next up: ????

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Canton, Michigan
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh my gosh I totally missed the words on the actual lamp post! I was looking at the giant sign haha. Yeah weird. Did someone mismatch the signs with the wrong post?

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The pictures Mel posted were in fact, as has been noted here earlier, from Garden Plaza West, as that section opened first... Garden Plaza East opened today...

    That sign is still mind boggling cause Garden Plaza East, as the sign says, was not open yet, and obviously, that is not Garden Plaza East...

    But, maybe in person things make ore sense? Or only in Disney's world can West mean East... Or is that a Florida thing? LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    A wee bit northwest of Tampa
    Posts
    2,599
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post

    But, maybe in person things make ore sense? Or only in Disney's world can West mean East... Or is that a Florida thing? LOL...
    I think having both an East and West coast makes any type of direction weird in Florida. The part of FL I live in is called West Central Florida. In most other places it would be pretty hard to be West and Central at the same time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Black Spire Outpost - Galaxy's Edge
    Posts
    23,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think having both an East and West coast makes any type of direction weird in Florida. The part of FL I live in is called West Central Florida. In most other places it would be pretty hard to be West and Central at the same time.
    Then it is a Florida thing... I knew too much sun was not a good thing lol...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

    TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

    BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    42,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I think having both an East and West coast makes any type of direction weird in Florida. The part of FL I live in is called West Central Florida. In most other places it would be pretty hard to be West and Central at the same time.
    I get it.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Beautiful Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    10,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I like that they didn't leave it all concrete, although the internet is buzzing about how gross the astroturf is - looks like a tent city, people will picnic, spill, leave garbage, blah, blah, blah. They do all those things on concrete, what is the difference? Disney will clean it, I'm pretty sure they have that on their list of things to do. I swear some people will complain about anything. I think it's pretty, like a park should be. More concrete would have been boring and hot.

    Looks like the Plaza Garden West sign is correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site