Quantcast Poly People Day 2!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly People Day 2!

Mornin' Poly! It is lovely out, and we begin our journey to Epcot after breakfast in the lounge. We drive over and get a close parking spot.

I was dragging my heels to go on this trip, as I said in my pre trip report. No, I'm not being spoiled, I think I was in some sort of rut at home. Deep into my home and workout routine, not looking for a disruption in either. I was surprised how quickly I plugged back into WDW really. It did feel different the whole time though, I certainly felt zero pressure to do/see it all. But, my point is, I was super happy to be in Epcot, see that beautiful ball, hear that energizing soundtrack, and simply just be there. We headed over to test track which said a 10 minute wait for single riders, 40 for standby. We breezed thru the single rider line in under 2 mins, and were on our journey. Again, I liked the old test track better, but I love the outside speeding part the same!

After test track a quick stop at Mousegears, I had a short list of requests from friends/family back home, I knocked it off my list, and was on my way. Second stop! Starbucks. Back track to yesterday in MK. We made a stop at the Main Street Starbucks there looking for a travel mug for my oldest, who was back home. She is a barista at Starbucks back home, and we knew she would want this travel mug!! Starbucks at MK said they were sold out within minutes and couldn't tell us when they were getting more. Panic!!! I needed this travel mug for Katie. ( I did tho, get the regular MK Starbucks mug for myself, and never found another one on this trip, so glad I picked it up!) So onto Starbucks in Epcot. Nope. No mug of any kind. Sold out quick, can't tell me when there will be more.

Off to Soarin' with our fastpasses. We rode, front row and all. I could do this all day, fly around California. We headed to Club Cool afterwards to try out the new drinks. Love the Bibo, I believe it was South African. My husband loved it so much, Bibo became his nickname during the rest of our trip!

We were done with future world, off to World Showcase. First stop, the lumberjacks in Canada. I know people don't like this, but we did. It was fun to see something different. The best part of the show was the fact that there seemed to be some sort of lumberjack groupies in the audience. These young men were LOVING the show, slapping their knees and all, (never actually saw a person do this!), videotaping the whole thing, and looked like lumberjack wannabes. They pushed their way to the front and basically had the time of their lives. I don't know which was more entertaining, really. The show or them.

We began our stroll around the world, which included lunch. We like our ritual of each of us getting chow from the countries of our choice, then meeting in the middle to eat. I stuck with Morocco. Love the vegetable platter so much I can't even tell you. Khloe got Japan, and my boys got American? What?? Steve got the crab cakes and Kai the Louisiana shrimp. We sat at a sunny table in America and people watched. Love people watching in Disney. After lunch we backtracked to Japan where Khloe shopped and Steve watched his beloved drummers.

Onward! A stop in Germany just to smell the caramels, I didn't even want one, I just liked being there. And also to get a pickle ornament for our Christmas tree. We have the tradition of hiding the pickle somewhere on the tree and having the kids look for it on Christmas Eve day. Whoever finds it gets to open the pickle present. Something everyone will like. Well, this past Christmas, the pickle was spotted by both daughters at the same time resulting in a broken pickle.

Next stop Norway, love this pavilion the best of all. So sad missing Maelstrom. Ugh. We shopped and stocked up on Laila products for me and Geir for my DH. We squirted and lotioned ourselves up so we could smell it all day, and we were on our way to Mexico. I love the earrings in the shop inside, so Khloe and I did some picking out of new earrings while the boys stayed outside and sunned themselves.

We decided to head out then, with a stop at Starbucks for a final look for mugs. Score!!! The travel mugs have all arrived this afternoon! I picked up one for me, one for Katie, and my favorite soy latte for the road and we were on our way out. So happy to have this coveted gift for Katie. We had one final fastpass left for Spaceship Earth so we rode, created our future and headed back to the Poly.

Once there, it was still early in the day so we freshened up and hopped the boat to MK for a bit. It was packed!!! Ugh!! We walked around for a while, was hoping to get in Pirates, but the line was 50 mins standby. No thanks. A spin on Carousel of Progress will do. And honestly, much to my families teasing, this is honestly my favorite attraction at MK. No kidding, I love it. It leaves me feeling so happy.

We strolled around some more then headed back to the Poly to get ready for our dinner plans.

We all dolled up then up to the lounge for a pre dinner snack. We took in the construction of the pool and bungalows from the lounge. Then....Boma bound!

This was once again, an outrageous experience. The soups kill me they are so good. The carrot ginger soup was heaven. The steak with the African mustard was amazing. It all was, right down to the zebra domes. We left feeling like we could roll out of there. We got our monies worth. hahaha!! On to the night vision goggles and animal viewing. Love it. Always so peaceful looking out there. We strolled around the grounds a bit, then sat on the rockers at the outside firepit just relaxing. Aaah...always such a great night at AKL. Back to the Poly for bed. Night night..
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Lisa, for another great trip report. I always enjoy reading them and the feeling that you give me of being in my 'happy place'. Keep up the good work, and thank you again.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Disney would work its magic on you once you arrived!! Glad you got that mug for Katie - that worked out really nicely.

Always love your reports so will be waiting for the next one!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you're having a great time! I know the feeling of loving your routine and not wanting to change it. Also, I love not feeling the pressure to have to do anything in particular at Disney. I guess that comes with multiple visits. You know you can just soak it all in and enjoy with no pressure, but you feel like it's a home away from home. Love it! Sorry your oldest couldn't make it this time.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

'phew! What luck with the mugs. I agree about Germany - I don't really need to eat the caramels, just smelling them is quite awesome!

It may be a different trip, but is sounds like you're quite enjoying it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Coming from a fellow Poly fan...how is the construction coming along? Is it distracting to your visit? Our trip is planned for late October 2016 so I am truly hoping it is all send & done by then. Can't get behind staying elsewhere. Glad you scored the mugs. And am so happy you have settled in to being back in the magic.

Post Thanks / Like

The construction is a little more distracting then it was back in June. The noise starts before 7 a.m. I never used an alarm this trip. The noise from the construction woke me each day. I still wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's Poly history in the making.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,

Another perfect Disney day!!!

Score on the Starbucks mugs!!! They weren't available for sale yet on our November trip!

Fabulous day from beginning to end!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Your reports always bring me up when I am feeling low, Lisa - I am suffering horribly from winter blues as I know many of us are. Thank you for sharing another wonderful day of your trip to make my day.

Yay that you timed it perfectly to get the mugs you wanted and that you have something extra special for Katie!

A 50 minute wait for PotC this time of year has me shaking my head. Wowzer. It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow . . . is a special one with DS and I, so I can totally relate to it leaving you happy. Thanks again for making me happy with your report on this cold and gray day in Chicago!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Love love love Boma enjoying your trip report
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Mouseketeer Mom, what a Great Disney Day. This is how vacations are supposed to be. Hope it continues this way.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Lisa, Carousel of Progress is also my favorite!

Post Thanks / Like

I love your trip report. Your happiness just shines through. It sounds like a fun day. I love EPCOT and your descriptions made me feel like I was there.

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome that you found your mug! I love CoP too! I could ride it all day!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip posts Lisa - feeling the Orlando warmth thru this lovely NJ winter!! Nice timing on the travel mugs....and my DW, who loves jumping on TofT, EE, Space, etc. considers Carousel of Progress her 'go to' ride!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL