Quantcast Airport to Hotel?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airport to Hotel?

I am celebrating my 50th this year and am heading to Disneyland. I am staying at Paradise Pier. There is going to be 4 of us.

My concern is the price of the transportation from and back to the airport. Holy Cow! I have gone to WDW dozens of times and am used to free transportation on the ME. The price of the shuttle ($98 per person from LAX and $70 from Orange County) was really an eye opener.

Is there a better way to get directly from either airport (we have not booked our flights yet)? I saw something about Disneyland Express but my AAA agent wasn't aware of that. Not heading west until Oct so plenty of time to get things settled.

Thanks in advance!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In June 2014 we used GoLansky (aka DK'S Livery) from LAX to Grand Californian. The round trip for 4 people in a Suburban was $175.00 tax/gratuity included and offered a grocery stop. There was a link on their website for a Disneyland Special. We were very satisfied with the service and the owner Daniel was a pleasure to work with.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thanks for the tip. We will definitely look into it!

Post Thanks / Like

Disneyland Resort Express (run by Southern California Gray Line) is about $50 round trip per person (less for children) from LAX. Closer to $35 to and from John Wayne. There are probably quite a few stops along the way.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

From SNA it cost about $40 in a cab to the Grand Californian about two years ago. For a group of four that might be a good option.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time we went to Disneyland we used, I believe it was, Discount Limousines from LAX to the Grand Californian. They came very highly rated and we loved our experience. It was so nice to not worry about traffic, getting a car etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like

We usually rent. Pries from LAX are very competitive. The Disneyland Express bus is cheap from SNA. No charge for kids!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    Disneyland Resort Express (run by Southern California Gray Line) is about $50 round trip per person (less for children) from LAX. Closer to $35 to and from John Wayne. There are probably quite a few stops along the way.
    I've taken the Disneyland Express at least a couple of times and I don't recall any stops between LAX and Disneyland. Of course, once you get there there are separate stops for each resort. The biggest drawback with Disneyland Express is that you have to go out to the curb where all the airport shuttles are and the DE ones don't seem to come by all that often. The last couple of times we ended up using shuttles by other companies because we were waiting so long.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We always fly into John Wayne and decide spontaneously if we are going to take the Resort Express (Grayline) or grab a taxi. The last several times we have just gone for the cab. It is not that much more expensive than the shuttle and depending on where you are staying can be significantly faster. If you are at Disneyland Hotel that is always the first stop on the shuttle and the last stop before the airport but other hotels including Paradise Pier can be hit or miss.

On the last trip we ended up spending about $45 on the cab each way. So with more than two adults the cab is the way to go if you all fit.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

The transportation companies are pretty competitive so if you want a private car, rather than a taxi, pick any reputable company. We used JAG.

I WILL highly recommend flying in and out SNA, if possible. LAX is so far and the traffic!!! Omg...my poor 5-year-old had never seen anything quite like that. "Are we there yet???" And SNA is so nice and calm. And close.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I always use LAX Limo Services.

I believe it was $45 for a town car, one way.
    I've also gone with a group of 7 and we had a stretch priced at $70 each way.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same question but we are a group 8 - 4 of us are staying at Disneyland Hotel and 4 at Paradise Pier. Any suggestions for the most economical roundtrip options please??

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: