Quantcast #runICOT Marathon Wknd2016: January 6-10, 2016

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default #runICOT Marathon Wknd2016: January 6-10, 2016

From Wednesday January 6th thru Sunday January 10th, the INTERCOT community will gather at Walt Disney World's Marathon Weekend.

You don't have to be a runner to join in all the fun that comes along with an INTERCOT meet, but you can help us raise money for a good cause - ThyCa, The Thyroid Cancer Survivors Association Inc.

By purchasing any #runICOT gear, all proceeds will go to this great charity who reminds you to "Get a Neck Check."

If you plan to be part of the #cheerICOT crew, we can promise you a memorable weekend and it would be a good time to start thinking about hotel reservations and book with our Exclusive Travel Partner - Magical Journeys.

All the details are now posted at http://intercot.com/news/runICOT

We will have at least one new shirt for 2016 and also are looking into doing #cheerICOT shirts for those not racing.
    Last edited by John; 04-24-2015 at 01:23 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got my Mickey Monitor

Dates are January 6 through January 10. Registration for passholders starts April 14th at 12N EST.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Registration for passholders starts April 14th at 12N EST.

Ah! So they are apparently going to stick with 2 weeks between early registration and regular registration. Regular starts April 28th.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if early registration for the full marathon is usually available for DVC members, or is it only the half that's open early?

My sister and I are planning on running the full (my first, and the day before my 40th birthday), and my mom and other sister are going to do the half.

Thanks.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewDVCowner View Post
    Does anyone know if early registration for the full marathon is usually available for DVC members, or is it only the half that's open early?

My sister and I are planning on running the full (my first, and the day before my 40th birthday), and my mom and other sister are going to do the half.

Thanks.
    All races, including both Challenges, are open for early registration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    All races, including both Challenges, are open for early registration.
    Awesome. Thanks.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping to be able to sign up for the marathon, my first, on April 28!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    I want you to know that they set aside a limited number of registration spots for early registration. If you want to go this route, you still will need to be at the ready as soon as it opens up.

Congratulations on committing to your first full! I did my first full at Disney as well when I was 42.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Hey there, brownie! Happy for you that you are doing your first full!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

WOOHOO! Another INTERCOTee to pull for on full day. Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah! So they are apparently going to stick with 2 weeks between early registration and regular registration. Regular starts April 28th.
    I've heard that they are doing it two weeks in advance because they are now cross checking pass holders who register against a pass holder list and cancel the registration if the person is not on the list. I'm not sure if that is the true reason but since anyone can use the pass holder link and there have been complaints the last few races, it certainly might be true.

Thanks.
    So great that both of you are signing up for the full. Impressive!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I've heard that they are doing it two weeks in advance because they are now cross checking pass holders who register against a pass holder list and cancel the registration if the person is not on the list. I'm not sure if that is the true reason but since anyone can use the pass holder link and there have been complaints the last few races, it certainly might be true.
    Wow! Interesting if that is indeed the case. But where to draw the line? Passholders only? Immediate family members? There is a place on the registration that asks if you want to register someone else.

I registered James a few weeks back for the Disneyland Half under my Passholder link. As far as I know, he's still registered. At least he better be. I would think if they drop you, they'd have to let you know before the regular registration opens up.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Interesting if that is indeed the case. But where to draw the line? Passholders only? Immediate family members? There is a place on the registration that asks if you want to register someone else.

I registered James a few weeks back for the Disneyland Half under my Passholder link. As far as I know, he's still registered. At least he better be. I would think if they drop you, they'd have to let you know before the regular registration opens up.
    I don't think that it is since as you said, you can register others. Plus, the pass holder links require signing in.

They probably changed it to two weeks so that Active can have enough time to sort out all the errors that occur with the early registrations. . Goodness, it took them a week to address our issue of lack of registration email!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I don't think that it is since as you said, you can register others. Plus, the pass holder links require signing in.

They probably changed it to two weeks so that Active can have enough time to sort out all the errors that occur with the early registrations. . Goodness, it took them a week to address our issue of lack of registration email!
    I don't know. It's just what some people are reporting that runDisney has told them. They also say that it is fine to register household members with your annual pass so James should be fine no matter what.

And I have no idea how people have been registering when they are no passholders but people are reporting it all the time on two of the FB groups I belong too. I think people just register their friends.
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I don't know. It's just what some people are reporting that runDisney has told them. They also say that it is fine to register household members with your annual pass so James should be fine no matter what.

And I have no idea how people have been registering when they are no passholders but people are reporting it all the time on two of the FB groups I belong too. I think people just register their friends.
    Yeah, I think in the past the links have been 'open.' Therefore, once you get to it using the Passholder or DVC (or in the past, Disney Visa) link, you can share. I see people all the time on the official runDisney page on FB asking folks to post the link when it opens.

I think they'd have to allow registering household members. That would get very messy if not.

Post Thanks / Like

The last few times though that I used the AP link, it asks for my login info. I would think if I didn't have it, the site wouldn't let me in.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

You know what's frustrating?

Not being able to see what rack rates are for rooms in 2016.

I'm going to be travelling solo next January and I wanted a room at either the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan/Dolphin. (gonna treat myself!)

Anybody have any rough idea of what it costs that time of year?

Also... GOD HELP ME... I'm considering doing the 10k instead of the 5k this year. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    You know what's frustrating?

Not being able to see what rack rates are for rooms in 2016.

I'm going to be travelling solo next January and I wanted a room at either the Beach Club, Yacht Club or Swan/Dolphin. (gonna treat myself!)

Anybody have any rough idea of what it costs that time of year?

Also... GOD HELP ME... I'm considering doing the 10k instead of the 5k this year. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???
    Carolyn, I stayed at Boardwalk in 2014 and it was roughly 300 a night. For 2015 I got quotes of about $2000 for 4 nights before any discounts were out. I ended up going with POR which worked out very nice because I had a car and could drive to the 5K and 10K.

And welcome to the crazy club. Christine managed to talk me into signing up for a 1/2 in October and I swore up in January that a 10K was going to be my max!
    Cindy aka AgentC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cindy that's good to know about the room rates.
    I've never stayed at the Swan or Dolphin before. Do those resorts tend to cost the same as the Beach Club etc? More? Less?
    I'm contemplating getting a rental car anyway so maybe I will do the same as you with Port Orleans. Just gathering all the info at this point.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I never stayed at the Dolphin or the Swan but I know several people who have and like them. I went to a confernce there and it was very nice. They tend to be cheaper than the Disney resorts . I think they run $200-300 but sometimes have good discounts. They do charge for parking and have a resort fee.

I'm in a similar situation to you. My kids go back to school the Tuesday before marathon weekend so they stay home with my husband until the weekend. I really enjoyed stayjng in the deluxe in 2014 but I couldn't justify the expense just for me this year.

POR worked fine and since the roads are not bad for the 5K and 10k it was nice to sleep in a little later and not have to stand out in the cold as long!
    Cindy aka AgentC

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: