I need some reassurance about a possible stay at Shades of Green. Or perhaps someone will talk me out of it. LOL.

I just found out the dates of my kids' fall break in Oct. We have never been to Food and Wine Festival, and it's something DH and I have wanted to do for a long time.

Typically we use the military discount and stay in a Disney resort. I know that last year during the months of Oct. and Nov. the military discounts were hard to come by. Ideally we would want to stay at Beach Club but, not without the discount. I know that everyone wants to stay in the Epcot resort area for F&W, so I am guessing that discounts for any of those resorts will be slim to none. Our second choice would be Wilderness Lodge. Again, not sure we will be able to secure the military discount there either.

Since DH would like to golf a morning or two while we are there, and also because of the great prices, we are considering Shades of Green. I plan to book it soon, and then cancel if we happen to get the military discount elsewhere.

My problem is I am not sold on this resort. We've stayed a few times before, but only for a night before or after a trip. Really the main thing I didn't care for was the bus service. I am looking for pros and cons from guests who have stayed there for a whole trip. How were the buses? How is the resort for an extended stay?

Thanks!