Quantcast One bedroom question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default One bedroom question

Hello. We had planned last year on booking a stay at a one bedroom villa through disney intstead of regular rooms. Mainly for my then 3 year old, we thought the kitchen and separate bedroom would be nice as nana and grandpa were coming too.There was no problem with the amount of people then. Now, if I try to book the same accomodation when my son has turned 4, it says there are too many people (5 total), for the room. I guess they were ok with a port-a-crib but not with a cot or toddler bed?? Just disappointed.. We wanted to all be in the same room and the two bedroom is out of our price range.
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Try a one bedroom at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village. Those sleep 5. There is a king bed in the bedroom, a queen sofa bed in the living room, and a twin/single sleeper chair also in the living room. There are also 2 bathrooms which will come in handy. Plus the full kitchen and a washer and dryer.

I believe the one bedrooms at Bay Lake Tower have a similar set up. Not sure which other one bedrooms sleep 5, but there may be more.

As far as the age of your child, not sure why you are seeing a difference this year. The cutoff is actually once the child turns 3, so last year when your child was 3 you should have faced the same issue you are facing now at age 4.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

As buzznwoodysmom said BLT and AKV sleep 5 and would give you the 2nd bathroom too which is nice. OKW and VGF also sleep 5 in the one bedroom.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at BCV in a one bedroom with 5. As long as you know they will not bring you a cot or extra bedding, there was no problem. Two of our kids slept on the pull out, and my middle one slept on the cushions from the coach we fashioned into a bed on the floor. Worked for us.
    bob6572
    DVC MEMBER SSR
    May 99
    Jan 03
    Feb 04
    Dec 05
    Jan 07, BWV
    Jan 09, BWV
    Jan 2010, BWV
    Feb 2011, BWV
    April 2013, AKL
    January 2014, BCV
    April 2015, AKL/GFV

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of the completion date, but BCV is re-imagining some rooms to accommodate five
    guests
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

For Disney, they need to follow the Fire codes. This is why they limit the number of people in rooms. I know from experience (college days) that you can fit a lot more people in a room. The only way they know the number of people in a room is on the reservation. I am not condoning breaking the rules as we did in college. But I think it is ridiculous that they only allow 4 in a 1BR villa when it is more than 2x the space of a Studio.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: