Quantcast Question about Memory Maker

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about Memory Maker

I purchased Memory Maker and it is linked to MDE account. My question is this: Do I need to keep the Memory Maker card I received in the mail with me when going on rides or to character interactions or is it automatically linked to my magic band since it is linked? Also, do I get pictures of all 4 people in my party if we are not sitting together on a ride and how does the ride "know" that those are the people traveling with me? Sorry if my questions is confusing but this magic band experience is a first for me and I'm not quite sure how it all works. Thanks in advance for any information.
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the best answer is both. The card and band(s) can and should be linked to the Memory Maker. Customer service can help you if is seems confusing or online. I know when we had it, I used the card most of the time just to be confident it was all linked. The ones that others used the band for, all linked up at the end.

For the rides, at the end, you scan in your band or card. You can grab pictures of strangers if you want (I did on accident).
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

No, you don't need to keep the card, in fact, I don't think I've ever received a card. (being in Canada, sometimes things aren't sent to us the same as in the US).

It is linked as part of your MDE account, and therefore is "active" on your band. You can use the card, but you don't have to.

For the other people you have in your MDE account, or linked to your account (as family or friends), you will be able to see all of their photos, including the ride photos.

I know the system is supposed to be "magic" and automatically attach your ride photos to your band, but we had a horrible time with it last year, and finally just started stopping at the photo station after the ride, and had the CM manually attach the photo to our account. Much easier than trying to sort it out afterwards (although, it did always get sorted).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

No card necessary!

It should be linked to everyone linked to your MDE account, like previous posters said.

We used it in January, and had 11 people in our party. We stopped every photographer we found to have photos taken, and the kids all took turns using their MagicBand to have the photos linked to our account.

For the rides with photo counters at the end, you just go up and tap your Magicband in the appropriate place for your group's photo. It's easy.

For rides without them, like the new Mine Cart Ride, the photos just show up on your account!

For interactive shows like Storytime with Belle or the Jedi Training Academy, the CMs should give you a card that you take to the Customer Service counter at the entrance to the park on your way out, and they will attach any photos of your group to your account.

We had zero problems with it. I was impressed. For a group of 11 people and as much as we used it, it was flawless. Loved it. We'll do it again in September, but with only five of us.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

You don't need the cards, but they can be used. You can also use the cards the Photographers hand out. You just enter the info from those cards into your Memory Maker account and it links those photos as well.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: