Quantcast NBA Experience coming to Disney Springs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default NBA Experience coming to Disney Springs

From Disney Parks Blog:

‘NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort’ Coming to Disney Springs

As we approach tip off for the 2015 NBA Finals, we wanted to share some exciting details on a new, extraordinary entertainment experience for guests of all ages coming to Disney Springs called The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort.

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort is going to be a one-of-a-kind destination featuring hands-on activities that put families and guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. You’ll be able to explore inside the world of professional basketball with numerous interactive experiences and enjoy a restaurant and retail store.

The Walt Disney Company and the NBA just made the joint announcement and also shared that initial development work has just begun. “We’re excited to join the NBA in offering this unique form of family entertainment,” said Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “It will be a terrific addition to the world-class lineup of shops and restaurants coming to Disney Springs.”

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort will be one of more than 150 shopping, dining and entertainment venues at Disney Springs when work is completed in 2016.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more details about The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort as Downtown Disney continues its expansion into Disney Springs.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't there something like this at City Walk in Orlando? (Or is it still there?)
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Wasn't there something like this at City Walk in Orlando? (Or is it still there?)
    There is an NBA City at Universal, which is basically just a restaurant and small gift shop. We ate there a couple of years ago.

I can't imagine them both being open in such close proximity. I'm betting the Universal one closes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    There is an NBA City at Universal, which is basically just a restaurant and small gift shop. We ate there a couple of years ago.

I can't imagine them both being open in such close proximity. I'm betting the Universal one closes.
    Yes, I heard the Universal one was closing. Maybe this is why.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Yes, I heard the Universal one was closing. Maybe this is why.
    And I bet Universal will be happy for the space.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like it will have similar activities as the have when a city hosts the NBA All-Star game. I think people will go to it, especially if you are a NBA fan but don't live in or close to a city with an NBA franchise. I remember when the Sixers hosted the All-Star game and they had this in one of the exposition halls at the convention center. It had good crowds.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! Another restaurant!

Kidding.

I'm sure it will be nice and good dining options are welcome... But how about a new attraction announcement.

Off my soapbox now.

Looking forward to when Disney Springs is completed and the vision is realized.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

NBA City in CityWalk is closing... Not a loss for CityWalk as their most recent offerings were light years ahead of NBA City...

John, attractions add to guest satisfaction... Restaurants add to WDW's bottom line... Which do you think management will choose? Not guest satisfaction, that's for sure...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Yawn......something else I will never waste my time stepping foot in but if it gets a few people out of the way where I can do the things I like, that is good enough I guess.

I would rather the money had been spent on something enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big NBA fan. Now, if the NFL would do something similar, I might check it out.

Overall, I avoid Downtown Disney like the plague. I just don't want to fight that many people to spend money on stuff I don't need.

Even as a kid, I hated the "Village", for those of you old enough to remember. It was our annual tradition to go there one evening during our vacation. Mon and Dad never understood that a kid can only watch a glass blower so long.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I love NBA to Disney Springs It's Awesome! I love it!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an opportunity to bring a younger crowd in,, which led to the demise of Pleasure Island (security issues). Well, I'll just stick to the end down by Rainforest and not venture too far into the village.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling this will be the end of DisneyQuest. Thinking of the design and layout I'm not sure how it would fit into the Marketplace end. DisneyQuest is a good sized building which could hold a few courts and half courts. I also notice that with Splitsville, the running store, and the soccer store (when it was open) that sports tend towards the West side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDreamer View Post
    I have a feeling this will be the end of DisneyQuest. Thinking of the design and layout I'm not sure how it would fit into the Marketplace end. DisneyQuest is a good sized building which could hold a few courts and half courts. I also notice that with Splitsville, the running store, and the soccer store (when it was open) that sports tend towards the West side.
    The talk is NBA Experience is replacing DisneyQuest, but cannot confirm... I wouldn't count on DisneyQuest being around much much longer... And not a great loss either...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    From Disney Parks Blog:

‘NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort’ Coming to Disney Springs

The NBA Experience at Walt Disney World Resort is going to be a one-of-a-kind destination featuring hands-on activities that put families and guests of all ages right in the middle of NBA game action. You’ll be able to explore inside the world of professional basketball with numerous interactive experiences and enjoy a restaurant and retail store.
    Does anyone have any idea if this Will be similar to an arcade experience, and will it make a suitable replacement for Disney Quest?
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Overall, I avoid Downtown Disney like the plague. I just don't want to fight that many people to spend money on stuff I don't need.
    Yep, we take a look at the Christmas Shop and the Lego store,then that's it, were ready to leave. We do a week at a resort catching up with family before/after our cruises, don't do parks, and the thought of DTD gives me the willies!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the NBA, though I probably wouldn't do this while I'm in Florida. At least it is something that has more staying power than entertaiment based on a game show or reality show.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The talk is NBA Experience is replacing DisneyQuest, but cannot confirm... I wouldn't count on DisneyQuest being around much much longer... And not a great loss either...
    I hope DQ makes it through September. We always spend a few hours there a couple times each trip and have a great time. To each his own I guess. I won't need the WaterParks and more option going forward if DQ is cut.

I honestly couldn't care any less that the NBA is coming to the Springs.
    Michael
    You ain't never had a friend like me!

DVC Owner - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conan617 View Post
    I hope DQ makes it through September. We always spend a few hours there a couple times each trip and have a great time. To each his own I guess. I won't need the WaterParks and more option going forward if DQ is cut.

I honestly couldn't care any less that the NBA is coming to the Springs.
    I'm with you on that... I could care less about this NBA Experience...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: