Quantcast Spectromagic! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spectromagic!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    THIS!!!!

It's time for new everything - nighttime parade, fireworks! Give me a reason to stay late in the parks again.
    Those guys were so creepy.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably why they are beginning to do short parades with small floats and mostly cast members walking and dancing. During the Disney Half Marathon we ran in the back of splash mountain the past few years, I have seen the number of floats shrink. The only ones left are the electrical light parade and a pirate ship float they take out.
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddie View Post
    This is probably why they are beginning to do short parades with small floats and mostly cast members walking and dancing. During the Disney Half Marathon we ran in the back of splash mountain the past few years, I have seen the number of floats shrink. The only ones left are the electrical light parade and a pirate ship float they take out.
    There are a LOT more than that back there.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize spectro was gone for good. I wish I got to see it one last time.

I am over MSEP, my kids still love it. I hope a new night parade will be soon.
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I didn't realize spectro was gone for good. I wish I got to see it one last time.

I am over MSEP, my kids still love it. I hope a new night parade will be soon.
    Spectro went away in June of 2010. As to being over MSEP, so are most of the CM's that work it.

Post Thanks / Like

Spectromagic is gone but for Pet's Dragon sake, MSEP is more old and creaky than classic. I'm hoping WDW will soon give us a nighttime parade with state of the art technology and lots of heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something most people probably don't realize.

When MSEP came back in the summer of 2010, that was the "only" time it was announced that it would run - for the three-month-long "Summer Night-Tastic" promotion they ran that year (from June-September 2010), while the "SpectroMagic floats were scheduled to be refurbished".

Here it's been *five years* now since the "limited time" run of MSEP was brought back (for a third time) to the Magic Kingdom.

I have sentimental ties to both nighttime parades. I grew up *watching* MSEP as a kid through the late '70s up until I left Florida in 1990.

Spectro showed up while I was stationed in Virginia in the Navy, and it "disappointed" me when I took my kids for their first visit in 1995 that MSEP was gone. By that time, MSEP had already made a 14-year run (1977-1991). Spectro ran from 1991-1999, when MSEP came back for the Millennium Celebration through the spring of 2001. In October of 2000, I applied with the company to work in the parks, and *desperately* wanted to work with MSEP. But it said its "goodbyes" in March of 2001, and I was hired as a Main Street USA Cast Member just three short months later. I was trained on PAC - that's "Parade Audience Control" for the unitiated; basically the "crowd control" Cast that you see on the streets for parades - working the "Share a Dream Come True" parade and SpectroMagic. I became a PAC trainer after I went full-time in May of 2004 on Main Street, and got to do some *amazing* things with my "kids", as I called 'em. Got to sit in the driver's seat of a float. Got to watch "Wishes" - and see Tinker Bell fly from the Castle - from the roof of Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor - all while *training* my Cast. Spectro was also the first night parade that my granddaughter got to see.

So, both parades still hold a special place for me, although, MSEP will *always* be my ALL-TIME favorite.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: