Quantcast Survey of research paper due Monday

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survey of research paper due Monday

My sons research paper is due Monday morning so please help me out.

What do you think was the greatest cause of World War II

Hitler and Mussolini

Treaty of Versailles

Great Depression World-wide

League of Nations

other

I am just taking a total so we don't need reasons behind your answer.

Thanks!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Treaty of Versailles combined with Hitler's need for revenge against France for the harsh terms of that treaty.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    The Treaty of Versailles combined with Hitler's need for revenge against France for the harsh terms of that treaty.
    Thanks...I'll count that as the Treaty since it can only be one answer per person!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Hitler, Mussolini ( and the bombing of Pearl Harbor).
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Hitler & Mussolini IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I know you just want the total, and asked for the primary reason...but I am curious how the answers would fall by age...My parents would have stressed the Treaty. There was a time when many military strategists pointed to the relative lack of preparedness of the Allies...

And while I doubt if Hitler and Mussolini would have risen to power without the impact of the Treaty and the Depression (and the fear of rising world communism, which you didn't mention, but was a very real impetus to their rise to power), it is hard to believe that their countries would have built and used the awesome military powers they developed by 1939...And the strong isolationist position of most Americans sent a message that a European War was a European problem...And Japan had already started their invasion of China before that...and Mussolini had started his aggressive actions in Ethiopia...and, of course, while the Treaty of Versailles limited Germany's Navy, it was the Washington Treaty that was intended to limited the Navies of the rest of the world..but since both treaties were eventually ignored (or renounced) by the Axis Powers, neither was the primary cause of WW II.

and hindsight is never perfectly clear...otherwise, with 70 years of hindsight, there would be no reason for the original question...we would all know by now...

So my answer is "other"...
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

The Treaty of Versailles combined with the worldwide depression and the effect they both had on the German economy allowed Hitler to come to power.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Treaty of Versailles
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

First I want to thank everyone for their help.....A little late.

Combining your answers with other family members, it was the Treaty that got the most votes.

My sons paper had to address specific questions given by the teacher. He had to do a survey of what most people thought was the top reason for the war. Of course like anything, it was a combination of many things.

I helped him with the research and learned a lot about it in the process. I guess you are never too old to learn.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    I know you just want the total, and asked for the primary reason...but I am curious how the answers would fall by age...My parents would have stressed the Treaty. There was a time when many military strategists pointed to the relative lack of preparedness of the Allies...

And while I doubt if Hitler and Mussolini would have risen to power without the impact of the Treaty and the Depression (and the fear of rising world communism, which you didn't mention, but was a very real impetus to their rise to power), it is hard to believe that their countries would have built and used the awesome military powers they developed by 1939...And the strong isolationist position of most Americans sent a message that a European War was a European problem...And Japan had already started their invasion of China before that...and Mussolini had started his aggressive actions in Ethiopia...and, of course, while the Treaty of Versailles limited Germany's Navy, it was the Washington Treaty that was intended to limited the Navies of the rest of the world..but since both treaties were eventually ignored (or renounced) by the Axis Powers, neither was the primary cause of WW II.

and hindsight is never perfectly clear...otherwise, with 70 years of hindsight, there would be no reason for the original question...we would all know by now...

So my answer is "other"...
    The paper was 10 typed pages so we covered a lot. The survey I posted was very basic and rushed. lol....We addressed Hitler and Mussolini rising because of the fear of communism. American isolationism was also covered at length. This subject is so lengthy that we basically had to make a cut off somewhere so we focused on Germany and Italy...and Russia.....We could have easily done a 50 page typed paper on the subject.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Treaty.
    It caused or is tied to all of the others!
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: