Quantcast Can we do a first time DL trip in two days?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can we do a first time DL trip in two days?

My friend lives in Long Beach, CA and has been begging us to visit for years. However, with our family size, flying isn't an option. We already have a WDW trip planned for next year, but I'm thinking about a road trip from TN to CA and back for 2017, hitting lots of the tourist sites along the way. I'm planning a day at DL and one at CA in the middle of our trip. Is one day per park enough? Should we do one more and split it? Our kids would be 9,6, and 4, by then.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on when you go and the crowd levels at that time, I think you could hit the highlights of each park with one day in each.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Depending on when you go and the crowd levels at that time, I think you could hit the highlights of each park with one day in each.

I agree. However, if your family enjoys parades, shows, fireworks and such it would be a good idea to add on an extra day. And your kids' tendencies of course will be a factor. Do they need a lot of down time or are they the go-go-go type?
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Will you go during the summer months? If so, I really suggest 3 full days due to large crowds. That will be a good amount of time to get a full experience. Plus, the fireworks tend to get canceled often due to high winds. 3 days will give you enough of a chance to actually see them one night.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking late September, and we typically are open-till close kind of people in the parks. We don't have to see it all, but I would at least like to see the differences between DL and WDW.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, the only issue is that late September park hours during the week are usually 9 or 10am to 7pm. You can't do as much. If you go on a weekend, you will get longer hours but also larger crowds. It's tough to say which is a better option.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Also, there are NO fireworks shows Mon-Thurs in the off season.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I went for the first time last October. I was there for 4 1/2 days and there are still things I didn't get to do or see.

If you want to just do the highlight , you could do it but how will your kids be if they go to one park say DL the first day and don't get to do everything they want to do?

If they would be fine, two would work. If not I would either add a day or maybe if 2 is all you can do focus on one park and leave the other for another time.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what everyone said. I think you need at least three days and a hopper. That way you can fit in anything you didn't get to on the first two days into the third day (half day at each park).
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

My very first trip was two years ago in August. I only visited two days, one day in each park. It was enough to hit the highlights. This is why I went back last year and hope to go again this year. Ideally, this will become an annual visit for me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there just last month for my first trip and I did it in 2 days, I got to see and do a ton! Get there at opening and avoid the park that has early entry for hotel guests. Use fastpass and take breaks, especially with the young ones in tow. I was staying in Long Beach for the week but I got a hotel in Anaheim so I wouldn't have to deal with traffic and parking, etc. The CA freeways are ridiculous.

Have a very magical time!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

You really need at least 3 days to enjoy yourself. They have a Halloween Party in late September which will cause early closings at one park and more crowds at the other.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: