Quantcast "you're going again?"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "you're going again?"

Does anyone else get that "you're going again" when you announce your trip to Disney? How should I handle this?

I love sharing my Disney trip on facebook, however I'm getting tired of hearing people say we are wasting money.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 06-25-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: TOS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ignore them. People I work with swear I take my family to WDW every summer. That's not true. We've been three times in five years. Lots of people go to the same beach every year but I don't harass them about it! To each his own. As long as you are not putting yourself into debt to go on vacation, I say go where you want.

Post Thanks / Like

back when it was more affordable, we would go every year. Sometimes twice a year. Yes, I got that reaction. And I did not care. There is no reason to respond. If you like it I love it!

'83~Off
    '91~Off
    '93~Off
    '96~Off
    '97~Off
    '99~Off
    '00~Contemporary/Disney Magic (Jul)
    '00~WL (Dec)
    '01~Off
    '02~POR
    '03~Disney Wonder/AKL (Aug)
    '03~WL(Dec)
    '04~Saratoga
    '05~Polynesian (Apr)
    '05~Pop (Sep)
    '06~POR FQ
    '14-Pop
    '16~Off (March)
    '16~ASMusic (Aug)
    '17~Off'

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

we go at least once per year, most years twice and get that all the time from family and friends. Some people dont get it, thats why we are all here and in the facebook groups.
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I just ignore them. They don't know what they are missing. And I stopped explaining it's WDW, not DL.

Oh who gets tired of asking for tips from people who don't go?
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

we hear it all the time.its my money and my time ill do as I please.my dw and I had annual passes one year and we went every 6 weeks. after that year people stopped making their comments and started asking when are you going again.i understand and so do people here at intercot .just enjoy yourself and forget about them

Post Thanks / Like

We get that a lot, as well. Thankfully, we also have a lot of Disney fans that get very excited when we announce we are going. I try not to pay attention to the tractors. I we get that a lot, as well. Thankfully, we also have a lot of Disney fans that get very excited when we announce we are going. I try not to pay attention to the tractors. I don't get much time away from work, so when I do go on vacation, I want to go somewhere that we all love.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we hear it all the time, too. I don't know what it is about our frequent Disney World vacations, but they seem to really bug some of the people in our lives. We get lots of eye rolls, smirks, sneers, unsolicited advice about other vacation options, sighs, comments about how it "must be nice" to be able to go so often, etc. Honestly, I don't know why anyone cares about what we decide, and love, to do as a family. I know they don't get it, but sometimes it seems (with certain people) to go further than simply "not getting it". They can NOT stand to hear that we're going. It's almost as if they're implying that there's something wrong with us. What's up with this? I dunno...

So, whatever. We love our Disney World vacations and we're adults who can decide how we want to spend our money. Our children had some of their best times there and they were always so excited to go (and still are). After The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, we even tried to convince them that it would be fun to split a trip between Disney and Universal. They would have none of it, and they were serious Harry Potter fans! What can I say? There's no place like Disney!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot I live local, and I get that! For the most part it's a passing comment. But I've had a couple of people really hound me about it and I've pretty much had to tell them to mind their own business. My life, my job, my money.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they are all jealous of us, but don't want to admit it.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

I tell them its the same reason I blow money on guitars and amps without their consent. In Texas we say "nunya". Is that a national thing?
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Every year at christmas I hear same thing. So, youll be gone for the holidays again? In fact we havent been to disney for christmas since 2002! Several summer trips but not winter.
    12/1987 Off site
    12/2000 All star movies
    7/2001 Coronado springs
    7/2001 Animal kingdom lodge
    12/2001 All star music
    7/2003 Port Orleans
    7/2003 All star sports
    7/2004 Pop Century
    7/2010 All star movies
    7/2011 Pop Century
    3/2013 Pop Century
    4/2013 All star movies

Post Thanks / Like

We've been over 20+ times since 1984. People now ask when are you going again?

This is what we like and we'll continue to go as long as we can
    First WDW Trip 1984
    30+ Trips since 1984
    Disneyland 4 Visits
    Disneyland Paris 2010
    40th Wedding Anniversary December 2013
    Disney Cruises 2: Magic 2005, Fantasy 2012
    Last Trip November 2019

Post Thanks / Like

It's WDW not Disneyland !!
    I hear that all that time and it drives me nuts !!!

Just like when you ask somebody who just got back and you say to them "What PARKS did you see and they tell you..."Mickey ParK " They are usually referring to MK.

Post Thanks / Like

We get the eye rolls too. We just returned three weeks ago and are going back over July 4th! Decided to buy annual passes since we knew that we'd be back at Mardi Gras. We were actually planning a trip to the Ozarks, but the kids started talking about what they didn't get to do this past trip, and we decided to go back. You cannot begin to imagine what we're hearing from family.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

People have given up on the "why are you going" conversation with us. Now, they just ask "when" are we going again ...

I would often say that we've found a vacation anywhere is expensive, and we enjoy our Disney time.

Geesh, some people ... why does it matter where you spend your vacation dollars?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily, we have yet to experience anybody really complaining to us about our trips. We're known as that Disney couple and spend a lot of time helping people out planning their vacations. I got tired of answering the same questions over and over, so a few years ago I made a Word file that I email to anyone who asks about Disney. I keep it very current and send them to websites like this fine one here! Then if they have any more questions I will help them as much as they need.

We have a Mickey Mouse kitchen, so people know how serious we love the mouse!

Don't get frustrated with any haters or bullies- they're not worth your time!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

I did not tell anybody about my last trip with my sister. We had a blast together. I have not told any family yet about our up coming trip. None of them travel and really are not interested in travel. So we really don't talk to them about it much.

Funny though, they do talk about going on vacation but never do. Never have money even though they have great incomes. They just decide to spend it elsewhere and then complain about debt and no money.

We only go every few years. I save and don't touch the vacation fund. If you never save you never go on any vacation.

My brother talked about going on vacation with his family for 20 years. He and his wife made double what my famiy income was. In debt up to their eye balls spending it on junk. Nothing to show for their money. Now they are divorced. Never having had a family vacation in 21 years. Sad really.

We usually stay quiet.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh we get this all the time. What is funny is they go on the same trip every year so I started doing the same thing back to them, "your going there again?" They get the point now.
    Surprisingly many of these people are secret Disney lovers and come to us in private later and ask for help planning their trip. I don't know why people don't want to admit they like it? I love it and look forward to going whenever possible. I always have a countdown at my desk.
    I just got back and my next trip is in 133 days........
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

I just ignore them. We're definitely getting it this time around. We had already booked our resort for the Summer and we decided to take a surprise trip over Christmas so we bought annual passes. I'd rather do something my kids really enjoy than have to hear them complain the whole time we're on vacation somewhere else.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: