Quantcast Parasailing?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Parasailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parasailing?

Has anyone done this at WDW? Any information would be appreciated.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have done the Parasailing 3x now. What information are you looking for?

It was a great time & we plan on doing it again on our next trip in 2016. The staff is great & very friendly. Totally put our fears & insecurities on our first trip to rest very quickly. My mother who really hates all thrill rides loves the experience & has asked to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Mainly, what I am looking for is any and all info. My DW wants to do this. We will have to do it in tandem because she is under the minimum weight. Can you do that? Do you have to make reservations or can you just show up at the dock?
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We had the same good experience that deedee73 did. My son and husband rode tandem and I was solo. We did make reservations ahead. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

can you video?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickclub1955 View Post
    Mainly, what I am looking for is any and all info. My DW wants to do this. We will have to do it in tandem because she is under the minimum weight. Can you do that? Do you have to make reservations or can you just show up at the dock?
    I have only ridden solo but yes, you can ride tandem. I had my camera & video on the boat. It is a smoother ride sailing than on the boat. I honestly don't remember if you can take the camera up while you sail. I do know there is at least 2 crew CMs on board with you because the one videotaped my mom while I did the still camera.

You definitely need to make reservations - however, we did manage to score a second ressie on our 1st trip for later in the week. On our second trip doing the Parasailing I reserved 2 time slots in our own schedule bc you can never tell with weather. If it is at all bad weather they will not take you up...b it they will make every effort to reschedule you during your stay. This is ultimately what happened our second trip. I just didn't want to have to play with switching ADRs or plans around so I just placed it in our schedules twice.

You will definitely not be disppointed with the experience. It really was amazing. They did not rush us. And they pointed out several features to look at while we were up there such as old River Country & Discovery Island, the shoe tree, & of course MK. There is also lots of wildlife you will see.

Warning though - there is tons of release papers to sign. Felt like I was signing my life away. So give yourself extra time to do that before your time slot. It is also a pretty good walk from the monorail. If you have the option of traveling from your starting point to the Contemporary resort using the boats it will drop you almost right there. Also wear comfy clothes bc once you are strapped in the harnesses will pull causing some clothes to ride up. We wore bathing suits & then comfy shorts & t-shirts over them.

There is a great metal sculpture of Mickey in the area too that is a great spot for some pics. It is so cool to sit in it (hidden mickey silhouette) & get some pics taken being playful. There always seems to be people there to take your pic so you could both be in it.

Enjoy your experience. It was an amazing trip.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: