Quantcast One Man's Dream Closing?; Good Dinosaur Preview 10/16 - 12/4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation One Man's Dream Closing?; Good Dinosaur Preview 10/16 - 12/4

I've read that One Mans Dream is closing in DHS

I find it a complete insult to Walt Disney himself on this closing
    For an actual place for everyone to see the origins of he started the parks and films is very sad.. The film was made beautiful to watch and I always made it a point to visit this exhibit every year
    I will miss it
    And shame on the Disney executives for closing this down
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update 8/28/15: Walt's Office Removed

Update 10/2/15: One Man's Dream to feature Good Dinosaur Preview 10/16/15 - 12/4/15
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This was/is a great tribute to Walt and was a nice addition as part of the 100 years celebration. I also made it a point to visit this attraction every time I went to DHS. I think it could be easily relocated to MK or DS as some have suggested and I agree that it needs to be refreshed as well. its really just a group of exhibit pieces and a film, so setting it up in a new location should be relatively simple in that regard.
    Unfortunately, its just in a bad spot with regards to the area they are looking at to overhaul the park, so It really has to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they relocate it at the very minimum even to another park ..but if they get rid of it altogether I will be very sad ..for me it's history and why we go to WDW
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

That would be too bad. I hope it's a case of relocation and updating but not counting on it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have to have hope - that they are "blowing up" DHS, and that something good is going to come. Still, this is sad.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Those that feel it is bad (I'm among them) and a loss of the "history" of the place and a bit of an "insult" to the founder........

Write to Disney and emphatically voice the concern. Enough noise.... they'll listen

Look at what happened to the AK "poo" treats in a week.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

We visit this attraction every time we go to the studios. It's one of the few reasons to vist, besides Rockin Roller Coaster, and the Osborne lights.

Post Thanks / Like

I vote to relocate it. I did visit it in June but think it should be kept somewhere..just like the animation. I remember seeing the animators at work in the animation academy, before they closed the animation studio. and there is 1 guy i used to see all the time in the gift shop , Dave Rippenberger i think it is, his wife worked there too. i wonder what will become of them.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice if they could make an announcement about what is planned for the studios instead of just announcing closures. That said, I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. It was opened as part of the 100 Years of Magic and it wasn't clear that it was going to be a permanent attraction at that point.

As a Disney history fan I hope they can relocate it somewhere as it was really well done!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

It's sad to hear that it will be gone, but it's more sad that no one took the time to visit. Every time I went my family had the whole exhibit to ourselves. With so few people going it makes sense.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
    It's sad to hear that it will be gone, but it's more sad that no one took the time to visit. Every time I went my family had the whole exhibit to ourselves. With so few people going it makes sense.
    Although, it was certainly buried in what I might describe as a back alley. Safe to assume the only people in it were people that intentionally sought it out, while many other things benefited from walk-by traffic.

I know people keep suggesting an exhibit like this should be in a park. It occurs to me that it actually ought to be in Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). Share the story of the man, and the other WDI items shown there now (and what updates might have appeared in the future), in a place where it can be enjoyed by anyone and help sell everything you're doing (I understand they do not have to "sell it" these days, but help people understand this was about more). Don't bury it in a park, or stash it all in a vault somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see it moved to Main Street USA. Or in the plaza area. That's where it feels like it belongs in my mind. But you'd have to get rid of some retail location to do it. Which they won't do.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in Epcot, either. But not sure where they'd put it. Maybe they'll relocate it within DHA. It's got too much great stuff to just be warehoused.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of Downtown Disney. It's sometimes hard to convince my kids to take time out of rides and cool stuff to see an old desk. They are still too young to really appreciate it. If it were in Downtown Disney I think people would spend more time because you wouldn't feel the need to rush to the next attraction.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no god.
    No tribute to walt, but Stitch's great escape lives...

Cry Havoc!
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Although, it was certainly buried in what I might describe as a back alley. Safe to assume the only people in it were people that intentionally sought it out, while many other things benefited from walk-by traffic.

I know people keep suggesting an exhibit like this should be in a park. It occurs to me that it actually ought to be in Downtown Disney (Disney Springs). Share the story of the man, and the other WDI items shown there now (and what updates might have appeared in the future), in a place where it can be enjoyed by anyone and help sell everything you're doing (I understand they do not have to "sell it" these days, but help people understand this was about more). Don't bury it in a park, or stash it all in a vault somewhere.
    Well put, I couldn't agree more
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I also think it should be released on DVD. Packaged just right with other video clips and I think there would be enough interest, Disney could even turn a profit
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for it to go in Town Hall, where the Mickey and Tink meets are. A prominent place in the most popular park for THE man.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I have a very weird family, a visit to this attraction was a must for us every trip, old and young alike. Many questions from the grandkids......."Did he really?", "How old where you Grandma?", "How come when I talk to my friends they don't know who Walt Disney was?", "Did you really go to Disneyland the first year it was open?', "Yes.", "Wow!"
    Bad, bad idea to close it without moving it elsewhere.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: