Quantcast riding on a scooter

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default riding on a scooter

So I finally broke down and rented a scooter for this last trip to Disney World, and WOW what a difference it made..It was amazing.. I didn't spend this whole trip in horrible pain. It made such a difference.. Between pain pills and scooter , I actually got to enjoy this trip.. Now I wonder why I fought renting a scooter for so many years. I'm excited to plan my next trip . Will have to get with dr. and PT and see when I can go again.. Anyone in constant pain, take my advice and rent a scooter for disney world.. It makes such a difference..

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it made such a difference for you! That's what they're there for. I realize some people abuse those things, which is why sometimes folks gripe about them, but for folks in your situation they make all the difference in the world. Enjoy planning your next trip!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

My mother has had both of her hips replaced, and she has always refused a scooter. I took her and my sister to WDW for Mother's Day and insisted that she rent a scooter off-property so she could ride it all the way back to the room. The first couple of days she kept trying to make me and my sister ride her scooter for some reason, and to make her happy we each rented one from Disney the day we toured World Showcase. We called ourselves the scooter gang and had our pics taken on our scooters. I agree, it was a nice break from all the walking. And Mom did love having the scooter so she could keep up with us and not slow us down (and she didn't have all the normal pain from walking that much!) I agree that they're great, even if some people turn up their noses at you when you ride one.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

My mom did the same. She refused a scooter until there was just no other way. Dad even pushed a wheelchair for a couple of trips until she gave in. Now we have to remind her that the walkers in the group still need to take breaks.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife had both knees replaced. I need knee replacement, but have too many other health issues. Our insurance gave us each scooters, hers 10 years ago, I got mine 3 years. Best things we own. Makes getting around so much easier.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: