Quantcast Luggage Carts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Luggage Carts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luggage Carts

We are driving down tomorrow. We will be at SSR on Friday. With OL Checkin, our room will be sent via text. We want to go straight to the room. However, we will have a lot to take in. I prefer not having to make 3-4 trips to the car and to the room.

At the buildings, are there luggage carts used for loading and unloading luggage? Many resorts outside of Disney with separate buildings like this have luggage carts. Not sure if they do at SSR.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen any except for those used by bell services.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about SSR, but most, if not all, of the Disney resorts do not let guests take the luggage carts. As far as our experience has been you must used bell services to have your luggage brought up on a cart.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

At one of our last stays at POP Century we needed a luggage cart to carry all of our stuff and luggage to our car. I went to the bell capt desk and asked if I could use one of their luggage carts. I was allowed to use it but I was required to leave my drivers license with them and sign a check out sheet for the cart. When I returned it I got my license back and we were on our way.

Maybe we just got lucky, but I would still ask. I think I have seen other guests using them as well.

Have a good trip..
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed at AoA in March they had the luggage carts outside under the portico for anyone to use. We thought it was a nice touch, but didn't require one.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

So if you go to the bell captain desk, you will get served like any other hotel (value for disney), a tip and they bring your cases to your room?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    So if you go to the bell captain desk, you will get served like any other hotel (value for disney), a tip and they bring your cases to your room?
    No, at the values, they do not provide luggage service to your room. You may use the carts yourself, but you have to bring them back.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    No, at the values, they do not provide luggage service to your room. You may use the carts yourself, but you have to bring them back.
    There is full luggage service at the Values, I've used them several times. There isn't valet service, and if you want to have bell services unload your car you have to drive past a sign which says "magical express only" or something along those lines, but it's where you go and you get the same luggage service you get at a Deluxe resort.

You can also get a miniature luggage carts from this same area (just walk past the frontdesk and go to the far end of the building) and cart your own luggage, but the carts are small and are often all given out, meaning you would have to wait until one got back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    There is full luggage service at the Values, I've used them several times. There isn't valet service, and if you want to have bell services unload your car you have to drive past a sign which says "magical express only" or something along those lines, but it's where you go and you get the same luggage service you get at a Deluxe resort.

You can also get a miniature luggage carts from this same area (just walk past the frontdesk and go to the far end of the building) and cart your own luggage, but the carts are small and are often all given out, meaning you would have to wait until one got back.
    Huh, we were denied luggage assistance at Art of Animation and Pop Century.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Natalie. We have always been told we could use available carts but that there was no bell service at the values. And we have stayed at all the values except Art of Animation. Although it has been years since we've stayed value so perhaps this is something fairly new?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I lack an explanation???

I have definitely used them in October 2013 at AoA and in October 2015 at Pop. My memory of 2013 is fuzzy but I so remember them loading my car up after I pulled up to the Magical Express drop off area, but in 2015 I remember calling and having someone meet me outside my room to follow me to my car to unload my stuff, and then when it was time to leave I remember someone coming to my room and hauling my stuff directly to my car in the parking lot. I remember that he was from the Northeast and we talked about how he still had not got used to the humidity in FL (it was very HOT that day).
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to use the services at All Star. I dont know about Pop or AoA.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it depends on how busy they are. We used luggage assistance at Pop on one visit though it was 6 years ago. And we were at AoA 2 weeks ago and definitely saw a car being unloaded by Bell Services on two different days (2 different cars) -- always onto the "good" bell services luggage carts (the ones they loan out are smaller and not as easy to use). We borrowed a luggage cart to load and unload our car during our stay. On the day we arrived and borrowed the cart, luggage services was crazy busy when I went to borrow the cart. The CM said that if we wanted them to help us, we would have to wait (I think a load of Magical Express luggage had just arrived). I told them I just needed a cart. The CM handed it to me without asking for any ID or anything. When we went to borrow a cart to load the car things were much calmer and they asked for our room number and had us sign the cart out and back in when we returned it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: