Quantcast ADRs and Split Stay
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question ADRs and Split Stay

    We will be traveling to Disney in January, and will have a split stay - 1 night at Port Orleans Riverside and 7 nights at Villas at Grand Floridian. We have two separate reservation numbers, but they are both linked in my MDE account.

    Will I be able to make all of my ADRs at 180 days from the earliest check-in date. Or, will I only be able to make one day's worth of reservations at that time, with the remainder made the following day (180 days from the second check-in date)?

    I have seen conflicting information online and wanted to hear from someone who has recently encountered a similar situation. I called Disney today and was told it should be no problem to make them all on the first day, but to be honest, the representative I spoke to didn't sound very knowledgeable.

    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am doing a split stay in November and could only make the ressies for the first part of the trip from 180 days of the first resort and then had to wait until 180 days of the second resort to make for the second part of the trip.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CynBeth View Post
    I am doing a split stay in November and could only make the ressies for the first part of the trip from 180 days of the first resort and then had to wait until 180 days of the second resort to make for the second part of the trip.
    Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm hearing from the online inquiry I made to WDW as well.

    As a follow up, when I make the dining reservations at 180 days from my first check-in date, will I be able to make them for the check-in date AND the following day in the parks, or will I be able to make reservations for the arrival/check-in day ONLY?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Whitwell, TN
    Posts
    1,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cap carrie View Post
    Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm hearing from the online inquiry I made to WDW as well.

    As a follow up, when I make the dining reservations at 180 days from my first check-in date, will I be able to make them for the check-in date AND the following day in the parks, or will I be able to make reservations for the arrival/check-in day ONLY?
    While I haven't personally done this with ADRs, the system will almost certainly allow you to make ADRs for your arrival day at POR (day 1) as well as your departure day from POR (day 2). In everything Disney IT (such as dining credits, room charges, etc) the system gives you access to stuff for both your arrival and departure days in their entirety, and so your ADR window will likely follow that same general policy.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

    18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Not close enough!!
    Posts
    4,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    While I haven't personally done this with ADRs, the system will almost certainly allow you to make ADRs for your arrival day at POR (day 1) as well as your departure day from POR (day 2). In everything Disney IT (such as dining credits, room charges, etc) the system gives you access to stuff for both your arrival and departure days in their entirety, and so your ADR window will likely follow that same general policy.
    This is exactly what I experienced for our split stay in December.

    We are doing one night at ASMo, and the other 9 nights at YC. I was able to do ADR's for the first 2 days (1N stay) at 180 days, and the rest at the next 180 days (which was really just the next day).
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We are staying at our first resort from 11/20-11/24 and at the first 180 days I made all ressies for those dates. At my second 180 days I made ressies for 11/25-11/28.

Tags for this Thread

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site