Quantcast BLT vs BCV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: BLT vs BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Question BLT vs BCV

I am trying to plan a trip for 7 adults and 3 children(one - 4 yr old, two - 2 yr olds) in Dec 2016. We own BLT points and were planning on just reserving points there. However now my DH is interested in staying at BCV. Besides the transportation, what are other issues I may face in trying to reserve there? He would like BCV due to the pool. TIA!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the time of year you are planning to go, you could have a challenge getting a BCV reservation 7 months out - not impossible, but it's a popular spot. You should at least make a reservation at BLT 11 months out so you have a nice spot to stay!! Then if you want BCV, look to change it at 7 months.

The main differences for us would be the pool and the proximity to MK or EPCOT/DHS. With young kids, will you spend more time at the MK, or perhaps more time at the pool? That's a question you would have to answer yourself! And if you are planning time at EPCOT or Studios, BCV is such an easy location - especially getting back to the room if you do Illuminations.

There are a number of food options available around the lake by BC - at YC, Swam/Dolphin, and Boardwalk. Overall, our preference is BCV, but there are many who swear by BLT! The truth is, both are amazing places - you can't go wrong. Try BCV and see what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your response. Yes, the 7-mo thing is certainly a possible issue. The more and more I think about it, I just think we should try to get into BCV. We've stayed at BWV and ever since then we've always wanted to stay at Beach Club! We are certainly weighing the pros of the monorail against the pros of BCV. I guess we'll figure it out.

Owners in BLT!!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

Post Thanks / Like

You do realize that it may be too cold to swim in December. We are hoping this year that the weather MAY be warm enough...I'm a diehart swimmer, but baby its cold outside to walk to the main pool, make it more often to the Villa quiet hot tub ��
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much more to do at the BW & BC areas - and it is so beautiful at Christmas. But if I had little ones - I'd be tempted to stay closer to the MK.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    You do realize that it may be too cold to swim in December. We are hoping this year that the weather MAY be warm enough...I'm a diehart swimmer, but baby its cold outside to walk to the main pool, make it more often to the Villa quiet hot tub ��
    We're from NH, it'll be warmer than home! 😜 That is an excellent point though. Boy would we be disappointed if FL was having record lows that week. Thanks for the thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    There is so much more to do at the BW & BC areas - and it is so beautiful at Christmas. But if I had little ones - I'd be tempted to stay closer to the MK.
    That's the one reason why I want to go that time of year! It's SO much more magical during the holidays. So so beautiful. 🎄

Owners in BLT!!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Strmctcer can give you a better idea of typical weather. We've seen low 80's to high 30's.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

We are dvc holders for the BLT and have been going in dec for the past 15 years to various resorts we have stayed in both
    The BLT in December has a lovely xmassy atmosphere and the plus side u get to see the fireworks and easy access to mk plush you get to use the contemporary pools
    The downside if u have a car is parking is manic nearer the later weeks of dec

BC you have better eating options as your on the boardwalk and epcot on your doorstep

Funnily enough this year we secured BLT at the start of the year and switched to Okw as we wanted to be near DTD for xmas
    Either way on we're you stay you won't loose I think however the complex of the BLT will be quieter at night as the boardwalk will be busy ....don't forget the nightly electric water parade at night at the BLT
    In essence you really need to think what and were you will be going most and decide were you want to stay from there
    Last edited by RAIDER; 07-21-2015 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Adding on
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Raider! It's a hard decision!

Owners in BLT!!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

Post Thanks / Like

That is a tough decision. I've stayed at both. For me, I think I would do Beach Club. The pool, the quick walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk....it just has so much going for it. BLT was awesome in that we could just walk to the MK, which is the hardest park to access if you're not staying in a monorail resort. I did enjoy watching Wishes from our balcony (as we had an MK view). But if you're not going to have an MK view, then the only real benefit is the walk to the MK. I would still go with Beach Club.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I own at BLT and have stayed at both. For December, I would recommend BLT. The monorail is really hard to beat! I live in Kentucky, so while our winters aren't quite as cold as New Hampshire winters, we're always happy to have a "warmer than home vacation" but many times have found ourselves enjoying the hot tub instead of the pool at the resorts. If you're going to be at a hot tub, honestly a hot tub is a hot tub is a hot tub. I would save BCV for a warmer month.

Don't forget - on the monorail, you'll have the gorgeous holiday decorations of the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian (and the life size gingerbread house!) and the Polynesian. I've always enjoyed going to the Polynesian at least one night and sitting on their beach to watch wishes. Don't forget - you can also watch wishes from the Top of the World lounge at Bay Lake Tower, which is incredible. (You don't have to have an MK view to access it and the kids would love it!)

Keep in mind though - it's the holidays and it's Disney - so you really can't go wrong
    Beth

My other home is Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

BLT can't be beat with little kids. Being able to walk back to the resort at the end of the day without having to wait for a bus or any other form of transportation is priceless. If I can avoid just one little kid meltdown in my life, I would go out of my way to do it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: