Quantcast universal I of Adventure .. world’s top theme park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default universal I of Adventure .. world’s top theme park

TripAdvisor honors Islands of Adventure as the world’s top theme park.
    Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure beat out the other Central Florida theme parks to be considered the top theme park in the world in TripAdvisor’s 2015 Travelers’ Choice awards. Coming in second was SeaWorld’s Discovery Cove, who was honored in the top spot last year. The Walt Disney World parks came in just a little lower: Magic Kingdom was number 3 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios was number 5. Number six was Universal Orlando’s other park, Universal Studios Florida.
    1: Universal's Islands of Adventure.. 2: Discovery Cove.. 3: Magic Kingdom - Orlando..
    4: Universal Studios Hollywood.. 5: Disney's Hollywood Studios.. 6: Universal Studios Florida.. 7: Disneyland Park.. 8: Disney's Animal Kingdom.. 9: Cedar Point Amusement Park.. 10: SeaWorld Orlando.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see, but WDW definitely isn't what it used to be.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Too many people hold Disney to impossible standings going to a site like tripvadvisor and complaining over silly things like the park not getting news things or small issues like the yeti not working lower Disney score. People own stupid ruin the value of trip adviser.
    Here we go feel the flow its the universe of energy.

One little spark imagination, its how our minds create creation. Right at the start of everyting that's new one little spark light up for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Disney is held to a standard that is almost impossible to meet at ALL TIMES!!!! I am sorry there is no way IOA is above Disney.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

So I completely disagree... Trip Advisor folks are equally harsh across the board.

If anything I think Disney fans tend to overlook most issues and if anything are more critical of other theme parks - so much so that its almost a blinder to reality.

Universal's properties are simply put, world class and this survey shows that the perception outside the Disney community is that they are certainly up to the challenge.

What I found sad is that the Studios, not Epcot is in the top 10. Maybe the executives and bean counters ought to wake up and see what the rest of us have been saying for a while. Epcot has been severely neglected for too long and needs some serious attention.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by razor5002000 View Post
    Too many people hold Disney to impossible standings going to a site like tripvadvisor and complaining over silly things like the park not getting news things or small issues like the yeti not working lower Disney score. People own stupid ruin the value of trip adviser.
    Not sure how you can say that things people view as important to them (such as new things or the yeti not working) is stupid. That is what they expect out of their theme park experience and that appears to be what Universal is offering them. I have not been to Universal myself, but this obviously isn't a small minority that feels this way. If that is how a large majority of people feel their experience should be, then the company that wants their busines should cater to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    What I found sad is that the Studios, not Epcot is in the top 10. Maybe the executives and bean counters ought to wake up and see what the rest of us have been saying for a while. Epcot has been severely neglected for too long and needs some serious attention.
    I have to agree with this sentiment. I really don't spend much time at HS, because there isn't too much there that I find interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

If anything I think Disney fans tend to overlook most issues and if anything are more critical of other theme parks - so much so that its almost a blinder to reality.
    I have to agree with John here, just because Disney doesn't win 'best' in some particular vote or ranking doesn't mean the voters were biased against Disney or the people doing the voting are idiots for disagreeing with us. The reality is that many people have an emotional connection to Disney that they don't have to Universal (that's why we all signed up here after all). So if anything, Disney probably gets more credit than they deserve in these surveys.

I love Disney, but it's crazy to not see what Universal has been doing and be impressed by their work.

Post Thanks / Like

So I completely disagree... Trip Advisor folks are equally harsh across the board.

Universal's properties are simply put, world class and this survey shows that the perception outside the Disney community is that they are certainly up to the challenge.

These were my thoughts as well.

We all do it; we go to a different amusement park or attraction and immediately start comparing it to WDW with great scrutiny.

IMO, it is tougher for other parks to get high ratings because we all scrutinize by comparing to memories of WDW from the past 20 years.

I think that these new ratings speak volumes in regards to what value and satisfaction visitors are now getting from WDW compared to other parks. The thing is, if you charge excessive prices, customers expect and demand perfection.

If you look at any of the travel ratings, you will see WDW has slipped over the past several years.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with John here. Especially about some Disney fans being harshly critical of other theme parks, even parks they've never been to, and seemingly oblivious to the fact that Disney has been slipping for years now.

I am no Disney basher. I have a deep love for WDW as a whole, not just the parks, but the resorts and restaurants as well. Anyone who knows me and my family know that we will always love Disney.

We are headed to the Orlando area in a few weeks. We are taking a Universal only trip because my family is more excited about all the new stuff Universal has to offer than having to plan months in advanced for attractions that we've all done countless time. We decided to add a night at Wilderness Lodge and dinner at Ohana before we head to Universal. When we discovered that we could leave to go a day earlier I gave my family the option of staying two nights at Pop Century instead of WL, skipping ohanas, and doing a park one day instead. Then heading to Universal for our 3 days of parks there. All three of them declined the offer. They are not interested in visiting a park with little to no FP. They said there aren't enough new attractions to justify the cost or time. They would rather spend our Disney time at WL relaxing by the pool and having dinner at Ohana's. They did express interest in maybe visiting a water park in Disney, but they honestly have no desire to step foot in a Disney park on this trip. A few years ago I never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth.......

I know we are only one family, but apparently there are a lot of folks out there that feel the same. At this point I 100% feel that Universal IOA can beat out MK in certain surveys. That doesn't mean that I personally prefer IOA over MK, but I can totally see how it can come out ahead. I am actually not surprised at all.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I'm skeptical of Trip Advisor in general. In particular, Universal Studios HOLLYWOOD is in no way better than Disneyland Park. Or Universal Florida. That's just ridiculous.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Well, I seem to be in the minority, but I agree that Universal has the best parks theme wise.

Good on ya Universal!! They have worked very hard, struck out on their own path and took chances to their benefit. LOVE the both of their parks and HP additions.

I love WDW but I'm also not blind to the fact that Disney seems to be in 'cruise' mode. Lotsa entertainment cutbacks and I get less for my increasing prices each time we go there. I hope that WDW will get on track over the next few years, but that remains to be seen. And I'm not even going to comment on the "Frozen" overload that is currently happening . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

We are huge Disney folks - have been for decades. But I'm not surprised that IOA is rated highest in the survey. There are others on the list that don't make sense to me, but they clearly make sense to others! Outside of RnR and TOT, DHS is a bit boring for me and would be our 4th of the 4 Disney parks. And while Discovery Cove is a very interesting day, it's not a place I need to return to every year or two like I would the Disney parks.

But everyone has their preferences and likes and dislikes. This list certainly isn't going to have us change our Disney vacation plans! And some years, our "Disney" plans include a day at IOA.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, Disney used to hold themselves to that standard... There was a time when Disney used to push the bar, be the leader... Now, well, not so much... People are finally realizing it... took a while, but Disney can no longer hide behind its past...

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post
    I agree Disney is held to a standard that is almost impossible to meet at ALL TIMES!!!! I am sorry there is no way IOA is above Disney.
    Disney is held to that standard cause they held themselves to that standard... Now the only standard for Disney is doing less while charging more, the bottom line means everything...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post

I disagree with both of these statements. With the prices we pay everything in the parks should be in proper working order and we should expect new state of the art attractions instead of the underwhelming new Fantasyland. This survey just shows what I have been saying for the last few years. Universal is in it to win and Disney is counting on people that are so loyal to their company that they don't care what they are putting out anymore because these people will just keep coming back no matter what.

I use trip advisor for hotels when we travel and found them to be very reliable with their reviews......BTW Disney hotels are not rated at the top in Orlando and I couldn't agree more. Their prices are not a value for what you are getting IMO.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I have been going to Florida for over 15 years and sorry to say WDW has gone down ..the rise of universal has been epic and even when we have spoken to CM who have worked at both they say that the visions for universal are still ongoing
    WDW needed competition as they had it there on way for years ..it's good for orlando and the tourist industry for florida
    We love legoland and that's a no must go park for us every year now and we hadn't been to nasa for over 3 years and went last year and was shocked on how brilliantly they improved their park

HS Has declined badly it's not even a full day for us anymore and AVATAR is taking forever when you consider what universal have done

No I agree with trip advisor totally as an outsider
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree that, generally, the Florida Disney parks have slipped a LOT. However, Disneyland is still on top, nationally, IMO, of those listed parks. I would give IOA the #2 spot, followed by DCA, then Universal Studios Orlando, THEN Magic Kingdom. I don't get how Discovery Cove is even considered a Theme Park in this case. I don't consider it one.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I use trip advisor for hotels when we travel and found them to be very reliable with their reviews......BTW Disney hotels are not rated at the top in Orlando and I couldn't agree more. Their prices are not a value for what you are getting IMO.
    I also use trip advisor along with yelp when planning trips and also for seeking out restaurants while on trips. They have been very reliable and have helped us find very nice hotels as well as restaurants we probably would not have discovered otherwise. We have had some very very good restaurant experiences thanks to them.

This ranking is probably a fairly accurate gauge of current customer satisfaction levels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    TripAdvisor honors Islands of Adventure as the world’s top theme park.
    Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure beat out the other Central Florida theme parks to be considered the top theme park in the world in TripAdvisor’s 2015 Travelers’ Choice awards. Coming in second was SeaWorld’s Discovery Cove, who was honored in the top spot last year. The Walt Disney World parks came in just a little lower: Magic Kingdom was number 3 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios was number 5. Number six was Universal Orlando’s other park, Universal Studios Florida.
    1: Universal's Islands of Adventure.. 2: Discovery Cove.. 3: Magic Kingdom - Orlando..
    4: Universal Studios Hollywood.. 5: Disney's Hollywood Studios.. 6: Universal Studios Florida.. 7: Disneyland Park.. 8: Disney's Animal Kingdom.. 9: Cedar Point Amusement Park.. 10: SeaWorld Orlando.
    This isn't the 2015 'World' list. There are 3 parks located out of the US on the top 10 list - Europa Park in Germany at #7, Beto Carrero World in Brazil at #9, and PortAdventura Park in Spain at #10.

And I'm with Nat. I don't trust this list. Tokyo Disney Sea (and Tokyo Disneyland) blow many of these parks away that are in the top 25. Dollywood????

Post Thanks / Like

I took this from an Orlando Sentinel article that I read. I guess I added the list for american amusement parks instead of the World top 10 list.
    Here is the updated top 10 for world amusement parks:
    4: Universal Studios Hollywood.. 5: Disney's Hollywood Studios.. 6: Universal Studios Florida.. 7: Europa-Park Rust, Germany:. 8: Disneyland Park.. 9: Beto Carrero World Penha, Brazil .. 10: PortAventura Park Salou, Spain
    Disneyland Park is actually number 8 instead of number 7 and.. 7, 9 and 10 are not in the USA. The first 6 on the list appear to be listed the same in both the world top 10 and the US top 10.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: