Quantcast Quick Trip to the Poly - Final thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Trip to the Poly - Final thoughts

When we left the Polynesian at 5 a.m. the next morning we used a car service instead of Magical Express (I had already booked or probably would have done Uber instead). The only downfall to ME is the 3 hour before flight time pick up so by doing this it gave us an extra hour. No issues to or at airport. Despite having another week of vacation ahead of us, I will still sad to leave!

Before I forget – Shout out to Karen P at Magical Journeys for helping me book a great vacation again! Trips to other places I do on my own (I’m a bit of a control freak) but never hesitate to call Karen to book the World for me!

My concerns going into the trip were the heat, rain and the crowds. Having gone mostly in November we had only ever used ponchos once in all those trips combined. However this trip was much better than I thought! I think because it was pretty cloudy the first 2 days (and rained a bit more, luckily our timing was good) it helped keep the sun off of us. The humidity of course is there but we do have a lot of humidity in the summer in New England so it wasn’t shocking. It is also often much hotter then Florida when it happens (mid-90s). Day 3 was the only day it got into the 90s in Florida while we were there, it was uncomfortable but we managed and stay hydrated.

Crowds – Not a problem, going to the parks at night helped, and also going first thing in the morning. We were not able to do that on our first day but it wasn’t an issue. Only in Fantasyland did we ever feel overwhelmed but that happens in November also. We had done a trip the first weekend of March once and that seem to have heavier crowds.

Poly – This is still my #1 resort, our previous trip was at the Beach Club and did enjoy the proximity to Epcot on that trip. However there is something about the tiki torches, music, boat horns, and watching fireworks from the beach that makes me happy. I also think being from New England it’s a nice change of scenery. I liked the lobby, did not like the fence around the pool as I said but will continue to go back. When we go in November we usually have very little pool time anyways. The bungalows didn’t bother me but of course our longhouse was not near them. I’am sad that Tokelau is now DVC as that was our favorite longhouse. If the kids were younger I would have been a DVC member for sure.

Cast Members – Never met one that wasn’t pleasant. I think I’m a pleasant person but dealing with rude cast and the heat etc I don’t know if I would handle it as well. I have seen quite a bit of unhappiness about cast members on the boards, just never been my experience.

Cleanliness – Overall happy with that. I noticed when we were at Universal in California that there was a lot of trash when we were standing in line, thought to myself, that would not happen at Disney.

Customer service – This is another reason I always go back to Disney. When we travel to other places it is just not the same. When we went to California we stayed at some nice hotels but when there is an issue with reservation etc, they just don’t go above and beyond like Disney.

California Adventure (pretty cool we were at both Disneys within a week of each other). I love this park! I hope that when the Studios in Orlando are done I will love it as much as I love California Adventure.

I do like Disneyland but it is just not the same. It is hard not to be too sentimental as the kids get older and knowing the trips are going to continue to be different. I told my son if he moves to California we will have to try and plan every 3 years to DisneyWorld. He loves it like I do and said, well we could go for my High School graduation present to start (May). Ha, ha he is my mini-me!

Thanks for reading my reports!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for posting! How nice - you got to enjoy both parks on both coasts back to back!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the trip reports! Love hearing about your experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

So wait we are going in October and haven't been in 5 years, is the Tokelau really only for DVC? No standard rooms in that building at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrm042791 View Post
    Is the Tokelau really only for DVC? No standard rooms in that building at all?
    Tokelau is indeed DVC! There was a last minute decision to convert based on DVC Poly demand.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Tokelau is indeed DVC! There was a last minute decision to convert based on DVC Poly demand.

And didn't I hear the other day that Poly isn't selling as expected?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard about whats selling, I'm guessing the Bungalows would be a tough sell because of the price? I looked into renting DVC in the Longhouses but the room layout didn't work for us.
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    And didn't I hear the other day that Poly isn't selling as expected?
    I think what is selling for the Poly is smaller contracts which accommodate staying in the Poly studios. I think Disney thought they would get more sales of larger point contracts for people to stay in the bungalows, which I hear isn't happening. My thinking is why spend double the points to stay in a bungalow when you can stay in a 2 bedroom at BLT or VGF in larger (by square footage) accommodations? I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks this way.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Great trip reports - thanks for sharing with us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: