Quantcast Star Wars-Themed Lands Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney characters

Would have been nice if there were some new things added that featured Disney characters. Also... What happened to adding the Red Car Trolley or an Indy ride? No go huh?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acetate View Post
    Would have been nice if there were some new things added that featured Disney characters. Also... What happened to adding the Red Car Trolley or an Indy ride? No go huh?
    The Indy ride was never a go...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame. I thought there was talk years ago about building an Indy ride like the one in Disneyland. Maybe I dreamed it! Still sad to think of all the theming that will have to go. Echo Lake, my favorite restaurant in the park, The Prime Time cafe, Muppets, on and on. All for Star Wars eh? Oh well. Still a half day park then.

Post Thanks / Like

We're really excited to see this come to life! I do hope there aren't only simulator rides. We can't do those, we all get motion sickness. And, it would be great to see this all come to life sooner rather than later.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

These announcements while encouraging lack any real substance for me. Its more of a "hey we are going to do something but we don't have details yet". Not to seem like I am taking a sides here but Universal announces something and puts a date to it and seems to hit that date. I still do not know when Avatar Land will open and what Avatar Land will be...and now this.

Please Stand By I guess....
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    These announcements while encouraging lack any real substance for me. Its more of a "hey we are going to do something but we don't have details yet". Not to seem like I am taking a sides here but Universal announces something and puts a date to it and seems to hit that date. I still do not know when Avatar Land will open and what Avatar Land will be...and now this.

Please Stand By I guess....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Great. So it took three or four years. So...can't wait till 2020 when we see the fruits of this great announcement.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofyskier View Post
    Great. So it took three or four years. So...can't wait till 2020 when we see the fruits of this great announcement.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical
    Well, 7 from announcement... LOL but 3 and a half from ground breaking...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeming to remember now....

How long was it from the initial "New Fantasyland" announcement until it was deemed complete? I'm assuming that's when 7DMT opened?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'm not seeming to remember now....

How long was it from the initial "New Fantasyland" announcement until it was deemed complete? I'm assuming that's when 7DMT opened?

New Fantasyland was announced in September, 2009. 7DMT opened in May, 2014.

Too long, IMHO. Way too long.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about as enthused as Star Wars land as I am for the new Toy Story Land, which is.....slightly. I guess I just don't see getting excited over these new lands coming about and...........only getting 2 new attractions in them. Just 2, that's all we get? And the Star Wars Launch Bay doesn't sound like anything to be too thrilled about, and I love Star Wars. It seems like a waste of the space to only put so few new things in there. I don't doubt the area will be beautifully themed and decorated, but come on, give us 3-4 new things at least (in each new land).
    Sep 12 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 11 - Polynesian
    Sep 09 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan 09 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Sep 08 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sep 06 - Boardwalk Villas
    Sep 05 - Polynesian
    Sep 03 - Polynesian
    Sep 01 - Wilderness Lodge
    May 03 - Fort Wilderness
    March 85 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It's sad that I'm starting to plan a vacation to WDW for 2018, which seems so far away, yet neither of these lands will be ready by then... Really does feel like all Disney did was let us know the rumors are true, but at this point we only have a few details and no dates. I'm happy it's coming, but Disney sure does frustrate me with the lack of info and lengthy construction process. Oh by the way, I still love Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to be really excited about all of the things coming, but it is hard to, given how long things take at Disney World. I am guessing that my daughter, who is now in middle school, will be in college by the time these things are completed, and I am not in any hurry for that to happen.

I am starting to get excited for Pandora, which has seemed to take forever, as that will be open in the near future. I am not a huge Avatar fan, but it will be new and sounds great.

I just do not understand why it takes Disney so long - it seems places like Universal are much faster. 1-2 years I can certainly understand, but 5 or more? How long did it take them to build Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom? Is it a financial thing where they need to stretch the building cost out? It certainly cannot be a physical building thing, with the manpower they can bring and favorable weather they have, there is no reason for construction like that to take more than 3 years.

Sorry for the rant...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I want to be really excited about all of the things coming, but it is hard to, given how long things take at Disney World. I am guessing that my daughter, who is now in middle school, will be in college by the time these things are completed, and I am not in any hurry for that to happen.

I am starting to get excited for Pandora, which has seemed to take forever, as that will be open in the near future. I am not a huge Avatar fan, but it will be new and sounds great.

I just do not understand why it takes Disney so long - it seems places like Universal are much faster. 1-2 years I can certainly understand, but 5 or more? How long did it take them to build Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom? Is it a financial thing where they need to stretch the building cost out? It certainly cannot be a physical building thing, with the manpower they can bring and favorable weather they have, there is no reason for construction like that to take more than 3 years.

Sorry for the rant...

Not a rant at all. Sounds like our last podcast.....

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see the Star Wars land to Disney World!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

1-2 years I can certainly understand, but 5 or more? How long did it take them to build Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom? Is it a financial thing where they need to stretch the building cost out? It certainly cannot be a physical building thing, with the manpower they can bring and favorable weather they have, there is no reason for construction like that to take more than 3 years.
    Maybe it is so that there is time to get new movies written and into production as well as merchandise supplies designed and ready to produce so that they can time everything so that it maximizes profits?????

It is a business after all.

best,

.................john

DVC Member 2016 AKL
    After: October 2019 F+W Fest <Jambo>
    Next: March 2019 Flower and Garden Fest <Jambo>
    Last: August 2018 <Kidani>
    October 2017 F+W Fest <Kidani>
    Also: 1988, 1990, 1992, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016
    Disneyland - 1972

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the rant...
    Well Universal is faster but not by much. They simply announce new things AFTER they have begun construction, and the majority of their attractions are simply huge show buildings that have screens in them. Harry Potter Hogsmeade took 3 years to complete. Diagon Alley was much faster but still took almost 2 years.

The entire DCA refurbishment took 5 years and that was a huge project. New Fantasyland took WAY too long, but stuff like the Frozen ride will only take around 12-18 months.

They will be starting construction next year for Star Wars land. I bet it will be done within 3 years.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Stuff like the Frozen ride will only take around 12-18 months.
    Any word on a soft opening for Frozen/Norway yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    They will be starting construction next year for Star Wars land. I bet it will be done within 3 years.
    I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on the Star Wars momentum ASAP!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Any word on a soft opening for Frozen/Norway yet?

The Frozen ride is supposed to open officially in May 2016. No word yet on soft opening dates.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Well, 7 from announcement... LOL but 3 and a half from ground breaking...
    By then FP++v3 will have to book your reservations by 2016 for the 2023 trip.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite