Quantcast TEN QUESTIONS: What was left out of the announcement of two new lands coming to DHS

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TEN QUESTIONS: What was left out of the announcement of two new lands coming to DHS

With Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land coming to DHS in the upcoming years, we are left with many questions, especially about how these two new lands will fit into the existing park:

1) Will The Indiana Jones Stunt Show remain?

2) Will Muppets remain?

3) Will New York Street remain?

4) Will 2015 be the final year for the Osborne Family Christmas Lights?

5) Will Lights, Motors Action Stunt Show remain?

6) Will Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground remain?

7) Will Voyage of the Little Mermaid be removed?

8) Will the Disney Animation building remain?

9) Will the entrance to Toy Story Mania be moved to be accessible from the new Toy Story Land?

10) Will the main entrance to DHS be changed? Will back entrance be eliminated all-together?

What are your thoughts regarding how the two lands will fit? And what will be changed or removed?
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1, 2 & 3) - No.

4.) Possibly. Or at least it'll have a year or two off while they repurpose it. That was in the works anyway.

5 & 6) - No

7) - Yes

8) It is going to be repurposed with Star Wars animation. The drawing class will be coming back. At least temporarily.

9.) Pixar Place and Toy Story Land will all be tied together.

10.) The entrances will be changed somewhat but exactly how hasn't been announced.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

You would think they would keep the Muppets since they've had 2 recent films that were popular and a new tv series in the fall. All they would need is a new film.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to lose Muppets and Mermaid.
    They were among my very favorites.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

What they may do is theme the front of Toy Story Mania as Andy's house. This was you enter Toy Story Mania and enter Andy's Bedroom as the story of the ride says. Then they have you exit into The Toy Story Land. So, you would enter via the house via the front door, ride the ride in Andy's bedroom and then exit via the house's backdoor into the backyard where Toy Story Land is located.

Post Thanks / Like

For #6 on your list (Honey I Shrunk the Kids), it seems like this would fit perfectly with the new theme (shrinking down to the size of a toy). However, I do not know if this area currently fits into the footprint of the new land. I am guessing that the expense of removing this area is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the new lands, but still, I would think that this could be kept with a few cheap tweaks.

Not that I am a huge fan of this area (kind of indifferent), but it seems like they would want to keep an area like this as an open option.

Just my thoughts, anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    10) Will the main entrance to DHS be changed? Will back entrance be eliminated all-together?
    I'm confused, what back entrance? I only thought they just had the main one.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acetate View Post
    You would think they would keep the Muppets since they've had 2 recent films that were popular and a new tv series in the fall. All they would need is a new film.
    The problem with Muppets isn't the attraction per se (although it could definitely stand to be updated). The real issue is location, location, location. Muppet Labs sits squarely in the middle of the area that is likely to become Star Wars Land. Muppets has no place there.

Unless they create some backstory where we discover that Gonzo is actually a long-lost descendant of Jar-Jar. OR they change the show to be an episode of "Pigs in Space".

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    I'm confused, what back entrance? I only thought they just had the main one.
    2 entrances -- S Studio Dr and N Studio Dr. Buses only use N Studio Dr.

Could run a new entrance from Victory Way (Directly across from the Pop Century entrance?) and have a lot more room to expand to the south and east. Or take it off of Osceola Parkway instead of World Drive.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Another question to add to the list:

What will the new name be?

We know there will be a name change (Iger announced this previously), but what will it be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Another question to add to the list:

What will the new name be?

We know there will be a name change (Iger announced this previously), but what will it be?
    From what I have been told a final decision hasn't been made yet. They're still kicking around some ideas. Last I heard, Disney's Hollywood Adventure was in the lead, but there are a couple of others an that one is far from being chosen. I would expect to see a few of the choices showing up in the surveys they do at the park if they haven't already.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Chris, where did you hear Muppets was leaving? Anyone I asked or talk to have said they have not heard of Muppets leaving... Not doubting you, just a bit curious... Personally, I wouldn't expect it to stay...

Mermaid is a goner though...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Animation

Glad to hear the drawing class may be coming back. But...do I have to draw Star Wars characters?

I never even got to draw Minnie!
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Chris, where did you hear Muppets was leaving? Anyone I asked or talk to have said they have not heard of Muppets leaving... Not doubting you, just a bit curious... Personally, I wouldn't expect it to stay..
    That was in discussion with some friends who are working on the new Muppet show coming to TV. We were talking about the idea of re-imagining the Muppetvision attraction as a Muppet Show attraction to go with the new TV show. They thought that was a cool idea and that it would fit well but the decision had been made, mostly due to space issues, that eventually the Muppets would go. I think it'll be one of the last things, and it is possible they might re-do it in another section of the park, but because of wanting to keep all of Star Wars land connected it'll have to go. Now, that said, there are a couple of proposals on how to fit Star Wars Land in that would leave Muppets and Streets of America along, leaving those, and the LMA area, for future ideas and expansion and not using them now. So, it's possible Muppets stay or are re-imagined. Basically all of Echo Lake, Indy, Hollywood & Vine, Prime Time Cafe, the Frozen Theater, etc would go but the Streets of America area would be left. That, to me, seems like Muppets would feel really out of place butting up right next to this massive Star Wars themed area, but we'll just have to wait for the official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow's Mom View Post
    Glad to hear the drawing class may be coming back. But...do I have to draw Star Wars characters?
    My understanding is that it will be characters from the Star Wars Rebels animated series.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    2 entrances -- S Studio Dr and N Studio Dr. Buses only use N Studio Dr.

Could run a new entrance from Victory Way (Directly across from the Pop Century entrance?) and have a lot more room to expand to the south and east. Or take it off of Osceola Parkway instead of World Drive.
    OK, got that. But only one ticket gate entrance, right?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

No Prime Time?
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i'm grumpy View Post
    No Prime Time?
    You know, you bring up a good discussion. I really hadn't thought of the possibility of restaurants going. Of course, I'm sure there will be fun, new ones, but I'd personally hate to lose Prime Time and Sci-Fi. I wouldn't miss ABC Commissary, Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    You know, you bring up a good discussion. I really hadn't thought of the possibility of restaurants going. Of course, I'm sure there will be fun, new ones, but I'd personally hate to lose Prime Time and Sci-Fi. I wouldn't miss ABC Commissary, Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose in particular.
    Based on the proposed layout (again, nothing is finalized) Mama Melrose and Sci Fi would still be around. As would Brown Derby. The Commissary might or might not be and the same is true of Pizza Planet. I think Pizza Planet will probably be relocated to Toy Story Land. The Mos Eisley Cantina would be added with some kind of Star Wars character dining but Prime Time and H&V would be gone. Prime Time (key being might) be relocated, but not likely.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the last time we ate there. Probably 2005 or before that. We never went to Sci-Fi.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris... There are so many things being speculated, it is hard to keep up...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: