Quantcast Force Friday: Star Wars™ themed merchandise

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Force Friday: Star Wars™ themed merchandise

From Disney Parks Blog:
    New Star Wars™ themed merchandise and more will land in our galaxy at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts on September 4, 2015 at 12:01 AM (Midnight). Set your hyperspace coordinates and come to this merchandise ticketed event to gather supplies and other acquisitions in preparation of the highly anticipated film release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December.

Tickets to the Force Friday merchandise event include:
    The opportunity to be among the first to purchase new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed merchandise, including Disney Theme Park Merchandise exclusives and licensed products. Purchase limits will apply.

Amenity gift
    Which “side” will you choose? No matter where your alliances fall, here are the details on where the events will take place.
    Disneyland Resort – World of Disney Store, Downtown Disney District
    Walt Disney World Resort – Once Upon A Toy, Downtown Disney Marketplace
    Tickets for the Force Friday merchandise release are $50 per person and are limited to availability. No discounts apply.

Reservations for the Force Friday merchandise ticketed event will be accepted only via www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com beginning August 26, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. (Pacific Time)/ 2 p.m. (Eastern Time).
    I don't know, maybe it's me, but now we're buying a ticket to buy merchandise???
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, were buying tickets to buy merchandise...'cause obviously we just fell off the turnip truck!
    Saw an article this morning on the local news saying that Wal-Mart and Target are gearing up to receive the new Star Wars merchandise...500 new items...as part of their Christmas pre-sale!
    Christmas....Really!??
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to keep crowd control while making a few extra bucks at the same time I am sure . . . and I am also sure you will have numbers of people buying into this opportunity

I will be very curious what the "Theme Park Merchandise exclusives" entail. Limited edition collectibles? SW toys with a Disney tie-in? Disney character figures representing the new Star Wars heroes and villains? Legos sets with SW Disney characters?
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and his friend are planning to be at a Toys R Us at midnight on September 4th. For Star Wars fans/collectors, this is a huge deal.

That said, I showed him this event announcement and he said "$50? Not worth it.". He said he would stick with the Toys R Us plan.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My DL and I said the same thing, "now we spend $50 to spend more.." Thing is, people will go in there and buy up stuff for $10 and sale it on eBay for $60; and stupid people like me will buy it from them and think they got a bargain!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Mode View Post
    My DL and I said the same thing, "now we spend $50 to spend more.." Thing is, people will go in there and buy up stuff for $10 and sale it on eBay for $60; and stupid people like me will buy it from them and think they got a bargain!
    They are at least putting strict quantity limits on people. No more than 2 of each item can be purchased. This will be the case at most retailers during these midnight events.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Some more info..
    The opportunity to be among the first to purchase new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed merchandise, including Disney Theme Park Merchandise exclusives and licensed products, including apparel, toys, pins, Magic Bands, Vinylmation™ and more. Purchase limits will apply.

Amenity gift – Force Friday Logo Messenger Bag
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

So am I reading it right that eventually anyone with regular admission will be able to purchase the products but you can be the "first" if you buy a ticket?

Umm, I'll wait. I love Star Wars. When I was a young, like early 20s, I might have done this. But older now and no way is anything worth that when you can get it eventually with out the extra cost.

I get the ticket events like MNSSHP and MVMCP. [Though I still think AP holders should get one free night of their choice of party per year ].
    But charging to buy merchandise? Even this Disney fanatic thinks that is too far/too much.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    So am I reading it right that eventually anyone with regular admission will be able to purchase the products but you can be the "first" if you buy a ticket?
    There is no regular admission. This takes place in Downtown Disney, at Once Upon A Toy, not in a park.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

So Disney just announced that this will no longer be a ticketed event and will be open to the general public.

Guess they didn't realize how smart SW fans really are. $50 buys a lot of action figures.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Wonder what changed their minds?

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Interesting. Wonder what changed their minds?
    Lack of ticket sales, most likely coupled with Target and, Toys R Us having similar events. They want people to spend their money there, not at Target.

Although Target has a coupon offer for $25 off $100 Star Wars related purchase. That will be hard to beat.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Lack of ticket sales, most likely coupled with Target and, Toys R Us having similar events. They want people to spend their money there, not at Target.

Although Target has a coupon offer for $25 off $100 Star Wars related purchase. That will be hard to beat.
    True. Yeah that's a great coupon! I used to be into collecting all that in my younger years pre-marriage/kiddos. I would have scooped that offer up!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been collecting toys for over 30 years and 'NEW' Star Wars toys and collectibles are a bad investment! The original figures and things from the first 3 movies SW, ESB, AND ROTJ have always held value and continue to go up. The toys and collectibles from the new movies have been so mass produced and are so over priced. It's hard to resell for what you paid for it even after sitting on it 5 yrs. I recommend buy what you like for yourself nobody will be getting rich on this new stuff no matter when or where you buy it.

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG View Post
    I have been collecting toys for over 30 years and 'NEW' Star Wars toys and collectibles are a bad investment! The original figures and things from the first 3 movies SW, ESB, AND ROTJ have always held value and continue to go up. The toys and collectibles from the new movies have been so mass produced and are so over priced. It's hard to resell for what you paid for it even after sitting on it 5 yrs. I recommend buy what you like for yourself nobody will be getting rich on this new stuff no matter when or where you buy it.
    Not everyone buys them as an investment. My husband has a HUGE collection, and almost everything is opened and set up in displays. He buys them to "play" with them. He will never sell his collection.

But, I could argue that many of the Star Wars LEGO sets are worth much more than they sold for. Those can net you a nice profit.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

Hot Topic: Buy 2 get 1 Free for all Star Wars merchandise + Hot Cash
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone participate in Force Friday either at the parks or locally?

We didn't make it out at midnight, but certainly saw lots of Force inspired shoppers at our local mall yesterday.

We did end up with an unexpected purchase, the app enabled remote controlled BB-8 robot, with DS putting up half from his allowance savings. I'll bet it will be a hot seller for Christmas!

Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy and they has a Force Friday event. All I can say it was CRAZY! Not a huge selection since we were on the ship but lost of shirts and figures. Though I did see someone by a four foot tall storm trooper then say to his family, now how are we going to get this on the plane home? The amount of stuff folks were grabbing was obscene. Folks were grabbing armfuls of merchandise just to hold on to it then realize later how much they actually had and then start to put it back. Nearly saw a fight break out over a figure, until they both realized there was more stock under the table. Emotions were running high that night. The next day it was all quiet and there was still lots of stock to look over.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: