Quantcast New! Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise at Walt Disney World Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New! Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise at Walt Disney World Resort

New! Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise at Walt Disney World Resort

Guests visiting the Walt Disney World® Resort will soon be able to set sail for “Ferrytale Wishes” – an exclusive dessert party and unique fireworks viewing experience on Seven Seas Lagoon. As you sail aboard one of the iconic double stack ferryboats, you''ll enjoy decadent desserts, specialty beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and a one-of-a-kind perspective of the famous Wishes nighttime spectacular above Magic Kingdom® Park.

The menu includes a variety of desserts, a fruit and cheese display and ice cream novelties. Guests will also receive a souvenir acrylic palette plate and glow glass once onboard.

Ferrytale Wishes will first set sail on Oct. 5, 2015 with additional sailings offered on select dates. Guests may view the Happy HalloWishes or Holiday Wishes Nighttime Spectacular if sailing on an event party night. Reservation times are 1 hour prior to fireworks, and Guests must check-in at the Ferryboat launch at the Transportation and Ticket Center at least 50 minutes prior to fireworks to ensure they are on the ferryboat before it sails.

The cost is $99 per adult, $69 per child age 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included). Package availability is limited and non-commissionable. Bookings are now open for Ferrytale Wishes. Advance reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687) or online at Disneyworld.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Neat

This is pretty neat and would be especially nice for the special event fireworks (Hallowishes etc) I wonder if the music will be piped aboard? (Also I can't find this available to book at the Disney website, maybe it isn't up yet.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nevermind

I found it under dining and answering my own question, yes music will be piped in
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

We had done the Pirates and Pals cruise a few years back. This looks like it could be fun!
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

I actually really like this idea. We're "done" with the Wishes Dessert party, just too cramped and expensive. Although this isn't any cheaper, it does sound fun, and I like the idea of it a lot!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea, but really, $99/adult! Outrageous.

Since this wouldn't require park tickets, can anyone lingering about the Orlando area make reservations for this?

Post Thanks / Like

I find this absolutely ridiculous. Those ferry boats are insect magnets, dirty, and uncomfortable. You can only see the fireworks well from one side. $100 for dessert on a mass transit boat OUTSIDE the park? What's next...dessert party on a Disney bus while you watch the fireworks out the windows?

You can go to the CA Grill, get the fanciest dessert, or three, and wash it down with a REAL glass of good wine for half the cost of this "party."

What is it they say about fools and their money? Disney really is just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks, aren't they?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    You can go to the CA Grill, get the fanciest dessert, or three, and wash it down with a REAL glass of good wine for half the cost of this "party."

What is it they say about fools and their money? Disney really is just throwing stuff out there to see what sticks, aren't they?
    We just watched Wishes last night from the observation deck at the CA grill after having dinner there. My sister and I had appetizers, entrees, dessert and multiple glasses of wine and champagne (more than likely better quality than what will be offered at this party) and it cost us $80 more than if we did this party, and that included the tip (to be fair, we used Tables in Wonderland).

However, these dessert parties seem to be really popular with many people, though I don't really like them.
    Christine şoş

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

My husband loves being out on the boats. They are booking 150 people for each night. Those ferries hold like a 1,000 people, right? So it shouldn't be too crowded and everyone should get a good view from one side of the ferry. Maybe food will be set up on one side and standing tables like Illuminations party will be on the other. It would be nice to have chairs but who knows. During early December it looks like the dessert party is only available on Wishes viewing nights, not during the MVMCP fireworks. The desserts sound wonderful. It is expensive but what at Disney isn't?
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent_vf View Post
    I like the idea, but really, $99/adult! Outrageous.

Since this wouldn't require park tickets, can anyone lingering about the Orlando area make reservations for this?
    Yes you don't have to pay park admission. You meet at the TTC ferry landing about an hour before the fireworks.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I like the sound of this. Being able to see the fireworks without being squashed in a huge crowd sound great. Desserts are a yummy added bonus.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe the FREE Dessert Party?

I happily spend many dollars when we visit WDW but $99 to eat a cupcake on the T&T Ferry? How meeajical is that?
    • Same fireworks
    • Almost the same vantage point - a terrific view.
    • Music piped in
    • No MK admission required
    • No purchase of any kind required
    The deck outside of Narcoosee's.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going on December 1th which is a MVMCP night. We are always looking for something new...and love having desserts for my dinner
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

This is obviously for people who don't know what to do with their money! Disney will do anything for a buck. There is nothing about this that sounds enjoyable to me. I will pick dinner at The California Grill or Narcoosees any day over a Firework dessert cruise on a ferry boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    .... What's next...dessert party on a Disney bus while you watch the fireworks out the windows?
    I have been on that bus tour, and I had to stand!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I have been on that bus tour, and I had to stand!
    Yes, seats for the bus dessert party will require the purchase of premium tickets.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

For $100 I'd buy a park ticket and see the fireworks at the castle (plus get to play all day)
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero