Quantcast Rumor.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Rumor.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Rumor.

Construction of Star Wars Land at Disney parks begins in 2016

Escalating the development timeline of the Star Wars themed area of Disneyland and Disneyworld, Disney Chief Operating Officer Tom Staggs announced that the company will break ground on Star Wars Land next year rather than the previous estimate of late 2017. Specifically, the Star Wars area will be built in Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and the original Disneyland park in California.
    Speaking about the planned expansion, Staggs said “This will be I think perhaps the most immersive land we’ve ever built. We want people to feel like they’ve stepped into the world of Star Wars and so that’s really sparked our imaginations and it’s got people fired up.”
    Definitely taking advantage of the popularity of the multiple Star Wars movies releasing over the next several years, visitors will be able to experience what it’s like to actually fly the Millennium Falcon as well as dine in a Star Wars cantina, like the one visited by Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope...
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This doesn't surprise me at all what with the abrupt closure of all of Big Thunder Ranch at Disneyland on January 11. There would be no other reason to shutter that whole area so soon if they weren't going to begin construction.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

One bit of somewhat surprising news to me yesterday and that is that the Indy Stunt Show is staying. I talked to my friend who is the head Indy and he said Disney decided to pump a ton of money into the show as well to refresh parts of it and update some of the effects and the show isn't going anywhere. Not sure how that's going to work completely since I thought Indy was right in the footprint of the new Star Wars Land, but that's no rumor. It's staying.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Indy is staying, we made sure to see it on our last trip, figuring it was for the last time. Some updating could be cool, and I think it is still a good use of space.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I found a reliable source for this story, it is now posted on the Disney Blog.
    "Current Chief Operation Officer and former Disney Parks Chairman Tom Staggs made the announcement at an investors’ conference in Beverly Hills."
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Just a note...there are some rumblings out of Lucasfilm (Disney) that a new Indiana Jones film may be in the works. According to Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy they have begun "talking about" making a new film. Don't get too excited yet, if they do decide to move forward with this project it will be several years before this would be released.
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

I"m glad to hear Indy is staying! Its one of our favorites.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Blah. I really wasn't upset with the thought of Indy going. It's been years since we've done it, with little desire to return.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping the Indy stunt show is alright by me, but would be nice if there was more than that to it. Interested in seeing how all this turns out. They should decide to go big and have the stunt show be the pre-show to a ride attraction.

For Star Wars fanatics, it would have to really be bungled to not throw money at it. For those who aren't fanatics, they will be a little more discerning. It could be amazing, or it could just be some new (replacement) stuff to spend some time with.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was more than a rumor, that there would be another Indy movie.

Glad it is staying. I enjoy it every other trip (when we go to DHS) and it is well done. Plus, I love Indy movies.. well the first 3. Course, kids these days probably can't imagine what hands on archaeology would be like, adventure, or even who the Nazis were. One of the greatest movie scores of all time.

Writing this, made me think. They should take out whatever use to be in the sound effects stage, and put something dedicated to the great scores of John Williams. Star Wars, Indy, and many others (though many belong to Universal movies).
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite