Quantcast Disney Investigating Websites Selling Walt Disney World Dining Reservations To Guests

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Investigating Websites Selling Walt Disney World Dining Reservations To Guests

For those that are planning a Walt Disney World vacation and learning all the intricacies of the new technology of My Disney Experience, you may have to learn a few more things. If you’re finding it hard to make some dining reservations, you can still get them, but it’s going to cost you.

Disney is currently investigating websites that are scooping up dining reservations by the dozen and then selling them to guests for a price.

Dining reservations at places such as Cinderella’s Royal Table and Be Our Guest Restaurant are not easy to get as it is. As the Orlando Sentinel reports, websites such as DiS Dining Agent is making it even harder to get them.

This website actually makes Disney dining reservations under fake identities and then sells them over to guests for $15. Actually, the wording used is “transfers them to customers,” but it’s done in a number of different ways.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2407753/dis...C4RV0iCq0Tz.99

In my day - we called the CHEATING THE SYSTEM - sites like this should be immediately shut down. Is it any wonder that it's so difficult to find/make reservations anymore?
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is terrible! Some people are so low. Disney needs to eliminate the ADR system and go back to same day reservations. At most, 24 hour advanced ones. They have created a monster.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

How does this work with ones like Cinderellas Royal Table and BOG if they have to have a credit card to secure the reservation?
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see one of two things come from this. Either Disney will require you have a resort reservation in order to book dining or they will ultimately require you have a PAID resort reservation before booking dining. They could also take away the 10-day allowance. I'm not entirely opposed to these ideas if they also change from the 180 rule to a 45 day rule. That seems MUCH more reasonable to me. They could also set aside an allotment of same-day reservations for those staying off site.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, where there is a will, there is a way. People will always find a way to buck the system.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Eh, where there is a will, there is a way. People will always find a way to buck the system.
    So you're cool with it then? A company taking up the entire block of reservations and making a profit off of it while normal people get up at the crack of dawn x number of days out only to be denied a chance of dining where they want via the legitimate system?

Wow.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post
    How does this work with ones like Cinderellas Royal Table and BOG if they have to have a credit card to secure the reservation?
    I assume what this really is is a company making a reservation, listing it as "available", and then charging $15 to coordinate a "cancel and immediately rebook" the reservation under the customer's name and credit card number, or simply coordinating the timing of the release of the reservation so that the customer can take it as soon as it shows as an option.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

So, this is why I can't get 'Ohana in November!

Well, that and maybe the fact that I did not book until 74 days out.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Are they providing the same credit card? So, although different names. I would think the same credit card....that disney could block "their" system if they upgrade the system to check CC#, instead of just names. I haven't had any trouble, but also haven't booked CRT or BoG lately.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this site pop up on my facebook feed numerous times. I figured there had to be more to them then just "we'll watch for cancellations and let you know when to book." I hope Disney squashes them.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked out this web site. It just sickens me that this is being done and people are paying for their service. They have reservations that I would like. Will I use this site. Absolutely not, no matter how much I want those reservations. Some may feel I am being stupid but I hope Disney can put a stop to this ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    This certainly does not make it right in my opinion. I really hate when people take advantage for their own purposes and try an convince others there is nothing wrong with it. Slimy.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

That does make you wonder if this is why so many popular restaurants are unavailable for the entire 3 weeks of your stay when you log on at the first minute into your 180 day window.

I also noticed that for MNSSHP that the dessert party was gone as soon as it was released. Every ticket to every party date. That was a bit weird . . . :confused

I hope Disney fixes this hole quickly.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Are they providing the same credit card? So, although different names. I would think the same credit card....that disney could block "their" system if they upgrade the system to check CC#, instead of just names. I haven't had any trouble, but also haven't booked CRT or BoG lately.
    I doubt they are using the same number but even if they are and disney blocks it, that is very easy to circumvent. You can get "online purchase/one time use" credit card numbers. Some banks do them and there are also services that do it where you enter your real credit card number and it then issues you a one time use number to go buy something online.

I am not surprised to hear this is happening. I had wondered if anyone was doing it but didn't take the time to look because I despise the 180 day ADR system anyway.

There are a couple of ways to fix this problem. One would be to require someone to already have a resort reservation or tickets linked to an MDE account you have to log into and then monitor those accounts for frequent dining reservations and cancellations or put limits on them. The other way and probably the best way to fix this is to put random release timing on dining reservations where when one is cancelled, it may be available in 2 minutes but then again it may be 20 hours 17 minutes and 42 seconds. That way this company can't reliably know when their cancelled reservation would be available for their "customer" to purchase and their system would fail.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch Disney start to charge you, say $20.00 at the time you make your ADR. That charge will then be a credit towards your reserved meal.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of former WDW travelers that will not go. They have found other places to spend their money. Planning vacation dining and ride schedule so far ahead has turned the vacation planning into too much work.

And as much as I would like a BOG dining for December, I will not pay someone else to get one for me.. Not fair they can scoop up these dining openings and profit from them.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not saying it is right, but as long as they have a system like this, there will always be an opportunity for something like this.

Remember the stories about people bringing in special needs folks just to get preferences? Or folks who use scooters just to get in the front, etc.

If they have reservations at all, they'll have systems like this. Disney won't do away with reservations, so...
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

"There’s even a concierge level where they will guarantee you get the reservation because they don’t transfer it. In this case, they will actually hand over the My Disney Experience (MDE) account, made in a fake name, to the customer, and give them control of the reservation."

The end to using this method of abusing the system would be to ask us all to show a picture ID with the reservation name. I know it would be a pain, but I for one would be more than glad to do it rather than not get an ADR due to this practice.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to show more ID for anything. Let's not make it more difficult for anything. I'd rather do away w/ the reservation system as whole. ALong w/ FP+. But, I doubt that'll happen.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's crazy, and Disney Orlando has created a monster. All of this has taken a magical vacation to a wonderful carefree place and made it... well, just plain work. That's why after this next trip, we are focusing on Disneyland. We live in the middle anyway, and DHS is going to be a non-park in for at least two or three years.. Yep, it's time to head west!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I recently read about this. I can't say I was surprised, but I am completely disgusted. What a lowlife way to make money. There must be a way for Disney to block them, or at least make it difficult enough to not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    I hope Disney squashes them.
    Well said! Me too!
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: