Quantcast Disney Investigating Websites Selling Walt Disney World Dining Reservations To Guests - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

But something everyone must keep in mind. No matter how low and back-handed and unethical this seems to most of us, they clearly have a base of customers buying their service - else they wouldn't remain in business. It is very disheartening to think there are so many people out there who are willing to pay such a fee for a reservation - and for that, Disney is to blame for creating such a system. It'll be interesting to see how Disney reacts to counter this company's business.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    But something everyone must keep in mind. No matter how low and back-handed and unethical this seems to most of us, they clearly have a base of customers buying their service - else they wouldn't remain in business. It is very disheartening to think there are so many people out there who are willing to pay such a fee for a reservation - and for that, Disney is to blame for creating such a system. It'll be interesting to see how Disney reacts to counter this company's business.
    I fear Disney will react by simply taking advantage of people's willingness to pay and begin charging $15 per ADR.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the idea of showing ID, along with a waiting period between cancellation and being available again. It's completely random if you hit the right time for a cancelled reservation, so make it not work for the low-lifes.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I do wonder if they've come up w/ a FP+ cheat.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I know that someone will call me an old fogey for this opinion, but I wish they'd get rid of ADR and FP in any iteration. Go back to the days of same day dining reservations (maybe next day if you're staying onsite) and having people stand in line. Good grief. It is more work to go on "vacation" than I'm willing to spend. Main reason we haven't been in a few years and have no desire to go back anytime soon. Disneyland maybe. WDW not on the radar.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I know that someone will call me an old fogey for this opinion, but I wish they'd get rid of ADR and FP in any iteration. Go back to the days of same day dining reservations (maybe next day if you're staying onsite) and having people stand in line. Good grief. It is more work to go on "vacation" than I'm willing to spend. Main reason we haven't been in a few years and have no desire to go back anytime soon. Disneyland maybe. WDW not on the radar.
    Disneyland is being infected as well. I'm with you. I could go for the old FP, but would go for it all going away.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Disneyland is being infected as well.
    In what way?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting conversation, I don't know if this will affect me since my next trip will be Jan of 2017. But if its too much trouble to get dinner reservations we will go offsite to eat. So if Disney wants my dollars they better make sure I can get a reservation. Otherwise I'll be spending more time at Universal or maybe someone could suggest a really good seafood restaurant.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a vacation and a vacation should be relaxing. However it's a Disney vacation and more often than not you need a vacation from your vacation after a Disney stay.

For most a Disney vacation isn't lying by the pool all day sipping cocktails. However it's really not that much different than if you were traveling a big city like London or NYC or a national park like the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone. You'll probably be planning for sites to see, shows, tours and meals. Yes some down time is good too, but you want to accomplish "the stuff" that interests you or that friends have recommended.

Are ADRs or FP+ perfect? Heck no, but they do attempt to offer the ability to accomplish "the stuff" you want to experience on your vacation. Overall the FP+ system is an improvement on the old paper tickets, but it would be great if they could offer you more options across WDW. I would be nice not to have to say which park you want to visit at which time 45 days out. However I can only imagine it's only going to get better with time.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Disney created the problem but it's essentially the same as the ticket brokers who buy up all the tickets to popular sporting events and concerts etc., if there is a demand for something, there will be individuals looking to exploit and provide the supply. This whole thing stems from the online reservation system as it offers a plethora of ways to bypass any responsibility.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

No, John I am NOT ok with this.
    I have done the planning I needed to do to set an alarm and go online and follow the system.
    Honestly, I hope WDW guests who participate in this as customers find themselves without valid reservations eating from the popcorn wagon.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like it. Some may be desperate parents paying the extra price. Others may be like the water wasters in CA, money should buy anything, sharing doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: