Quantcast Florida Man Banned From Disney For Life - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When I made my post above, I didn't realize they have actually been having problems with meth labs and fires and what not in the onsite resorts. That is just baffling. It blows my mind to find out that people would go to WDW and make meth in their room.

Considering that information, maybe they didn't overreact. People cooking meth in the resorts is a huge safety concern for other guests.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    When I made my post above, I didn't realize they have actually been having problems with meth labs and fires and what not in the onsite resorts. That is just baffling. It blows my mind to find out that people would go to WDW and make meth in their room.

Considering that information, maybe they didn't overreact. People cooking meth in the resorts is a huge safety concern for other guests.
    I don't think it has actually happened on Disney property yet, but it has happened in hotels in the area, as well as in other states. I have heard stories about this happening. I assume all the Disney CMs are trained to respond to certain verbal trigger phrases. The CM who reported this guy was likely simply following established security protocol.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I still say overboard, and a waste of real police time. Especially with all of the shenanigans that wdw does allow. Oh well, hopefully the guy will enjoy Universal and Sea World.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I still say overboard, and a waste of real police time. Especially with all of the shenanigans that wdw does allow. Oh well, hopefully the guy will enjoy Universal and Sea World.
    Whoever handed this down (Disney or police) went way overboard, and if it's the police then they don't have the authority to ban someone for life from anything.

I have done the whole "stay an extra day" mess with Disney and it's no wonder this guy cracked.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    ... and if it's the police then they don't have the authority to ban someone for life from anything.
    Actually, yes they do under Florida law. As I mentioned earlier, the trespass notices do not specify a length of time, thereby making them permanent. They can only be modified or cancelled by the courts.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

It's a metaphorical turn of phrase. What reasonable person would think he meant it literally??

And okay, so let's say there have been meth labs exploding in Kissimmee-area hotel rooms and that alone merits more serious consideration; if this guy and fam are Disney nuts Disney can pull up his profile and see that he's staying there with his kids...and that he's stayed numerous times over several years (I'm assuming) and that he does not fit the profile of someone who comes to a Disney resort to build a meth lab.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mendelson View Post
    It's a metaphorical turn of phrase. What reasonable person would think he meant it literally??

And okay, so let's say there have been meth labs exploding in Kissimmee-area hotel rooms and that alone merits more serious consideration; if this guy and fam are Disney nuts Disney can pull up his profile and see that he's staying there with his kids...and that he's stayed numerous times over several years (I'm assuming) and that he does not fit the profile of someone who comes to a Disney resort to build a meth lab.
    You'd be surprised the things people will do with their children present. My husband is a police officer and the things he's seen done, in front of children, is pretty horrific.

If the guy is that upset about it take it to court and have it lifted, assuming you can find a judge who won't think you deserve it for being a moron.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    You'd be surprised the things people will do with their children present. My husband is a police officer and the things he's seen done, in front of children, is pretty horrific.

If the guy is that upset about it take it to court and have it lifted, assuming you can find a judge who won't think you deserve it for being a moron.
    He already is having it appealed and I'm sure in the end Disney will give him something free to make it up to him. People act like asses and always end up getting what they don't deserve
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    People act like asses and always end up getting what they don't deserve
    This applies in all directions, not just downward.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Disney will give him something free...all he appears to be asking for is to be allowed back in WDW, which, at the end of the day, is not "free" on his end and in fact benefits Disney financially.

Look, the guy may be a complete jerk, the but the response is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post

Being a moron isn't against the law, so finding a judge should be pretty easy, and I wish him the best of luck in court.

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Actually, yes they do under Florida law. As I mentioned earlier, the trespass notices do not specify a length of time, thereby making them permanent. They can only be modified or canceled by the courts.
    Thank goodness we have Article III to remedy such an abusive overreach by the Executive and Legislative branch.

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

While I understand the argument that a lifetime ban for flippant comment made in jest in a frustrating situation seems like overkill, you have to remember that this particular comment obligated WDW CMs to report and investigate the situation, with police, in the middle of the night. That's beyond just forgiving a flippant comment. Not to mention, how much disturbance and concern did this cause other guests? And, I would still say it's a safe bet that this guy isn't telling the whole story.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

If that comment obligates a CM to report the situation, then it's a case of a bad policy...one written in black and white that leaves no room for common sense or human interpretation of a situation.

Post Thanks / Like

If that comment obligates a CM to report the situation, then it's a case of a bad policy...one written in black and white that leaves no room for common sense or human interpretation of a situation.
    Most policy and procedure today tends to be robotic and leave no room for context or judgment. It is an unfortunate turn of events. Our species spent so much time evolving these brains so we could get together and decide to not use them.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

And suppose the CM chose to ignore the comment and the guest HAD built a meth lab in the room, and the makeshift lab exploded. Who would have been responsible for the damage, injuries and/or deaths ? Still a "bad policy" ?

Common sense ain't so common any more. Obviously it was lacking in this guest's case.

Just sayin'....
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear, in the state of Florida "do not trespass" warnings can be issued only by the property owners, in this case Disney. These orders do not expire and can only be rescinded by the property owner, again Disney. The courts do not have the authority to rescind these orders. These orders can be issued for any reason and the property owners have no obligation to "show cause". This man used extremely poor judgment in his choice of words which resulted in a disruptive and costly police investigation.
    His only recourse is to wait awhile, maybe a year or two, and then throw himself on the mercy of the Disney organization an plead with them to rescind the order.
    These orders have been issued by all of the Orlando area parks for much less egregious offenses!

P.S. As an afterthought, I guess the slogan "Unforgettable happens here" really does apply!
    Wells
    "But...I don't want to go among mad people."

"Oh, you can't help that," said the cat, "we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like

But again, the assumption that he was being serious in no way, shape, or form passes a reasonable person test.

If someone sat beside me on a plane and said, "These honey-roasted peanuts are the bomb," and I chose not to do anything and the plane blew up because he in fact had a bomb, well shame on me. But he doesn't have a bomb just because the word passed his mouth and common sense allows me to use context to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    And suppose the CM chose to ignore the comment and the guest HAD built a meth lab in the room, and the makeshift lab exploded. Who would have been responsible for the damage, injuries and/or deaths ? Still a "bad policy" ?

Common sense ain't so common any more. Obviously it was lacking in this guest's case.

Just sayin'....

Post Thanks / Like

But again, the assumption that he was being serious in no way, shape, or form passes a reasonable person test.

If someone sat beside me on a plane and said, "These honey-roasted peanuts are the bomb," and I chose not to do anything and the plane blew up because he in fact had a bomb, well shame on me. But he doesn't have a bomb just because the word passed his mouth and common sense allows me to use context to know that.
    I truly do get what you're saying. But obviously, in situations that indicate a potential threat, a large company is going to have guidelines that it expects it's employees to follow, instead of leaving them to judge for themselves. IF the conversation went like this man reported it did, then yes, it would be reasonable to assume he wasn't serious. But, there's no point in blaming the CMs for having a procedure to follow, or Disney for having one. No procedure is ever going to perfectly fit every case.

Either way, it was a ridiculously stupid thing to say and I still have zero sympathy for this guy. Just like I would have zero sympathy for someone getting arrested on a plane for claiming that his honey roasted peanuts were a bomb.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Apples and oranges, my friend. There is a huge difference between "These honey-roasted peanuts are the bomb" and "I'm going to build a bomb in the restroom"

This person saying that they were going to build a meth lab in the room, in jest or not, fits the second statement rather than the first. It was a ridiculous statement to make in the first place, and a zero-tolerance policy for such types of threat (IF Disney has such a policy) would call for the actions that were taken.

I still believe that a lifetime ban is/was excessive, but understandable.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: