Quantcast Halloween Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Party

Post Thanks / Like

Default Halloween Party

From other internet sources I have heard that they are not checking bands for the party and its extremely busy and you can barely walk around.

I have never been and have no idea how it works but we are going Nov. 1 and flying in just for the weekend.

Anyone have a recent experience on this year as to whether you can confirm its extremely crowded and you can't can't much of anything done and they are not checking bands?

I also heard lines are over 1/2 hour long to "trick or treat"?

We are very excited and are so looking forward to this party and would rather know upfront what we need to prepare ourselves for so we are not let down.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They are checking bands and clearing the parks. However, it is extremely busy. Most parties, even in September, having been selling out. They will be even more the case in October. They don't cap the numbers nearly as low as they used to so crowds are huge at the parties. Just know up front that you'll need to decide if there's certain characters you want to meet (Jack and Sally generally have a 60-90 min wait for instance) or if you want to trick or treat. I wouldn't worry about rides. Too much else to do and not enough time to do it all.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned home last night. We attended the party last Sunday night. There were lots of people, but we didn`t find the wait times too bad. We rode BTMRR three times in a row with little more than a five to ten minute load time.

I do know the party on the Tuesday night sold out. We didn`t even try for tickets that night.

As for bands, they did clear the park. but no one made a production of checking them.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last night! It wasn't that crowded to me. Honestly I think regular non party days seem much more crowded. And we go quite regularly.
    Many things were walk on or 5-10 minutes. We're not much into seeing the characters so can't comment on that. The candy lines moved fast.
    They did band checks a few times at different places.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Tuesday night, and yes it was very crowded. Still, it was a lot of fun. The parade was great and the fireworks were fantastic even by Disney standards. The one big down side for me was the Hocus Pocus stage show. You couldn't see it unless you were between the Partners statue and the castle. I'm 6 ft and I couldn't see most of. My 5'4" wife missed it all. I would say, skip the show and have fun doing other things. That's what I plan to do next year.
    Wayne
    Most recent:
    Fort Wilderness November 2014
    Fort Wilderness January 2015
    Fort Wilderness March 2015
    Fort Wilderness June 2015
    Fort Wilderness September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We were there two tuesdays ago and it was sold out. Very crowded everywhere. Long lines for candy, but they moved quickly.

Sanderson Sisters' show was amazing, but shoulder to shoulder. If you had little ones, you had to keep them close.

Haunted Mansion was 25 minutes. All other rides (except Seven Dwarfs) were very manageable. Despite the heavy crowd, you could definitely ride attractions.

Surprised to see MNSSHP merchandise on shelves prior to 7:00 pm though. That was odd.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Catzle View Post
    From other internet sources I have heard that they are not checking bands for the party and its extremely busy and you can barely walk around.

I have never been and have no idea how it works but we are going Nov. 1 and flying in just for the weekend.

Anyone have a recent experience on this year as to whether you can confirm its extremely crowded and you can't can't much of anything done and they are not checking bands?

I also heard lines are over 1/2 hour long to "trick or treat"?

We are very excited and are so looking forward to this party and would rather know upfront what we need to prepare ourselves for so we are not let down.

Not true on all counts....at least the night we went...Sunday Sept 20th.

I have been to probably a dozen parties but will fill you in on this years experience only.

They do check bands....you might not notice but they are looking for them. my band got stuck under my shirt sleeve and a cast member questioned me before letting me on BTRR.

The "trick" to trick or treating at the party is and always has been to ride the attractions and wait until around 830 to 900 before standing in the lines....even if you do it early and the lines are long, they usually move fast because each line has 2 candy drums.

Attraction wait times are extremely short with the exception of the Haunted Mansion. lol.......We rode the rollercoasters and buzz one after another...basically walk throughs.

Tip.....The best place for candy this year is the Tiki Room.....One line with four candy stops in it!!!

Did notice that this year they were a little tight with the amounts they were handing out.......As the night goes on you will get fists full...instead of two pieces
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I will be at WDW the last night of the party. Nov 1st and am thinking about it. seems exp and i have been to it once yrs ago but my gf hasnt
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    I will be at WDW the last night of the party. Nov 1st and am thinking about it. seems exp and i have been to it once yrs ago but my gf hasnt

Basically the party has not changed in years. Same music, same fireworks, same parade, same trick or treating.....Haunted Mansion did have a cool ghost outside this year....not sure if she was there last year or year before because we didn't go....and I can't speak for the shows or character meets because we never do them...kids not interested.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

so gonna have to decide soon if its worth it. it would mean wouldnt have to use a day on our park tickets. hmmmm. maybe there will be a pin worth buying.
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

so gonna have to decide soon if its worth it. it would mean wouldnt have to use a day on our park tickets. hmmmm. maybe there will be a pin worth buying.
    Since you are two adults without kids I suggest you ditch the Disney Party and go over to Universal and do their party. You will be blown away and won't be sorry.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Since you are two adults without kids I suggest you ditch the Disney Party and go over to Universal and do their party. You will be blown away and won't be sorry.
    I concur. Though personally I'm not a fan of Universal at all. I would spend the extra day/money at EPCOT doing the food/wine festival!
    Love the MNSSHP with my kiddos, to see their faces light up!
    But if it were just me, I'd hit something else as well.

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that I wouldn't do the Halloween Party unless you really want to see the parade if you don't have kids. Like Terra, though, I would use the money on Food and Wine. Universal's party is great, but only if you like the scary and/or gory aspects of Halloween. Personally, I have never liked this sort of thing (I still will not watch any of the Friday the 13th/Halloween movies), so that party would be wasted on me.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Basically the party has not changed in years. Same music, same fireworks, same parade, same trick or treating.....Haunted Mansion did have a cool ghost outside this year....not sure if she was there last year or year before because we didn't go....and I can't speak for the shows or character meets because we never do them...kids not interested.
    The parade and fireworks *has* changed a bit in the course of the time that I worked there (2001-2010). I know at least the Parade music has changed at least once, and the "line-up", for lack of a better term, has changed since we last attended the Party (in 2010); Goofy used to bring up the end of the parade; this year, it's the Villains. Captain Jack Sparrow has been added (since about 2007 or so). I know that the fireworks music has changed quite a bit as well since about 2007ish.

The "Hocus Pocus" Castle show was actually pretty cool. I'd *just* watched the movie on Wednesday night, because we knew it was something we wanted to see, but we'd never seen the movie until then. LOTS of Villains that you don't normally get to see - Dr. Facilier (from "Princess and the Frog") and Mr. Oogie Boogie (from "Nightmare Before Christmas"), among many others.

No, you do NOT use a day of your "regular" park tickets. The Halloween Party is a separate-ticketed event, and does not require the "regular" day-guest ticket. You can get into the Magic Kingdom starting at 4:00pm with *just* your party tickets.

We flew down yesterday (Thu, 10/1) *just* for the Halloween Party last night, and flew back today (Fri, 10/2), after scoring a great deal on airline tickets. Didn't even buy a "park ticket"; only bought the Party tickets. We arrived in Orlando at about 9:30am, went to Disney Springs for a couple of hours, went back to our room to change for the Party, and enjoyed every minute of it. Our plan was:

4:00-7:00: hit up a few rides and visit with some friends, eat dinner in there somewhere at a quick-service place.

7:00-9:30ish: sought out characters that aren't normally out; we got pics with all seven dwarves at the same time; photos with Tarzan, Jane, and Terk in Adventureland; and our friend that we were with wanted to see Ariel.

9:45ish: got to the Hub for "Happy Hallowishes" fireworks

After the fireworks, we went over to Tomorrowland and rode PeopleMover.

11:00ish, got a spot for the second parade. It was actually a little more crowded than I expected for the second parade. At midnight (park closing), the last Castle show ("Hocus Pocus Spell-abration") took place, so we got out of the park around 12:30-1:00ish.

In between walking from rides to characters, etc., we hit up a few candy locations. Wife and I went as DreamFinder and Figment, and our friend dressed up as Ariel. Saw a LOT of Maleficents and Prince Erics...saw a couple as "Jolly Holiday Bert and Mary Poppins; they were so well-dressed that we were going to ask them for photos, until we saw that they were guests and not Entertainment Cast (they were pushing a stroller and had about three kids with them...)

Not a bad way to spend an evening.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

ok...so ..have to decide if to do MNSSHP...using a disney bus. or try to get a mears shuttle to universal...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19

Post Thanks / Like

We were also there for Oct 1st party. I have never been before and it was a lot of fun. We waited to see Jack Sparrow. We caught all the shows (first parade) and third Hocus Pocus show and it was full the entire time. I really loved the HP Show, it was actually my favorite part seeing all of the villains that you don't normally get to see. I wanted to see more characters but I learned on the trip that my niece is terrified of meeting them, so that put an end to that. We did ride Peter Pan and Mine Train during the party and maybe another one or two. I would not have normally done that but this was my nieces first trip and we wanted her to see those "must do" rides. Otherwise, I would have just done Mine Train and seen more characters.

Not sure if this is true or not, but a CM's was telling us that the Horse that opens the parade (5 minutes before start time you might want to know) does NOT have a rider at all on him. It is some kind of dummy that looks like a human sitting on the back of the horse. He is trained to run the route by himself. We missed the first time he ran through for the parade we watched but caught him for the start of the second parade. It was great!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    Not sure if this is true or not, but a CM's was telling us that the Horse that opens the parade (5 minutes before start time you might want to know) does NOT have a rider at all on him. It is some kind of dummy that looks like a human sitting on the back of the horse. He is trained to run the route by himself. We missed the first time he ran through for the parade we watched but caught him for the start of the second parade. It was great!
    No, the horse does have a rider; however, it *is* very difficult to see out of the costume, along with the dark parade route. If the horse *didn't* have a rider and something were to happen (I've seen the horse slip on the wet asphalt after a rain before, back in about 2006ish; or, if something spooked the horse, like a camera flash or something), there wouldn't be anyone there to control the horse. Believe me, I worked plenty of parades. Up until about....2009<?>, the horse's name was Ike - one of the biggest horses at WDW - and *he* had run the parade route so many times before, that the "Horseman" had very little input into the horse's direction. Ike had run the Horseman route for about 12 years. He did indeed used to *run* (unless, of course, it was inclement weather), and his shoes would *spark* off of the pavement. He would even stop in Liberty Square (the only really logical location for the story of the Headless Horseman in the park), and get up on his hind legs and whinny - right at the turn from Frontierland to Liberty Square, and right by the Haunted Mansion! Talk about a *cool* factor!

But...yes, he does indeed have a rider.

And, if you Google "Headless Horseman at Magic Kingdom" images, you can definitely tell the difference when he's just trotting the parade route, or actually galloping faster.

In fact, here's a 2012 article from the Orlando Sentinel about a "very public fall" as the Horseman turned in Liberty Square on a "non-rainy" night: Horseman and Rider Fall During Halloween Event at Magic Kingdom
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    The parade and fireworks *has* changed a bit in the course of the time that I worked there (2001-2010). I know at least the Parade music has changed at least once, and the "line-up", for lack of a better term, has changed since we last attended the Party (in 2010); Goofy used to bring up the end of the parade; this year, it's the Villains. Captain Jack Sparrow has been added (since about 2007 or so). I know that the fireworks music has changed quite a bit as well since about 2007ish.
    2007 was 8 years ago. I know that Crow was there more recently, I was answering the question for him specifically. I attended the very first party and have gone either every year or every other year since. Yes there have been minor changes throughout those years but basically it has remained the same format....much like illuminations. The music for the parade and fireworks hasn't changed in probably 10 years. Trick or Tricking is the same. The same attractions are opened every year....As I said we don't watch the shows or visit the characters so I don't know if there has been any changes in those.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

NJGIRL is right. Regarding the basics, it's essentially the same party it's been for years. Finally there was a change this year with the stage show, but still villains, and of course the addition of the HP characters.

Been there, don't that. It's way oversold and with nothing new worthwhile to draw me in personally, I'll gladly save that stack of bills. It's sad too, MNSSHP used to be my favorite hard ticket event, but not with the out of control crowds and ever rising ticket prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    NJGIRL is right. Regarding the basics, it's essentially the same party it's been for years. Finally there was a change this year with the stage show, but still villains, and of course the addition of the HP characters.

Been there, don't that. It's way oversold and with nothing new worthwhile to draw me in personally, I'll gladly save that stack of bills. It's sad too, MNSSHP used to be my favorite hard ticket event, but not with the out of control crowds and ever rising ticket prices.
    As much as my boys loved it and I'm glad I finally took them. I can't see us doing it every year. I'd rather spend the money on a nice character meal or experience for them.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: