Quantcast March crowds...how are they these days?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default March crowds...how are they these days?

Hi All!

So after being away for over 3 years, I'm finally able to plan my WDW return for the second full week of this next March 2016. I've never been at this time of year...but my options are either that or the Summer, and I need me some Disney as soon as I can get it. How does March look crowd-wise these days? Is it over-run with Spring Breakers, or does that happen more in April?
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents, we'll never go during spring break again !! At least when you go at Christmas you have all the decorations to look at.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Is the week of March 14, in fact, Spring Break week? For some reason I always thought Spring Break happened in April. But maybe it's based on when Easter falls on the calendar. Shows how old I am. Spring Break wasn't a "thing" when I was in college. We had a break but didn't travel anywhere in particular.
    EJ in Houston

11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Break happens over a period of a couple of months at WDW I believe. We were there around the same time you have stated in March this year because it was spring break for my DD who teaches High School English. Yes, it was crowded, but when you have been to WDW a few times and use the ADRS and FP+ systems it is very doable no matter how big the crowd. We really were not bothered by it at all. Just go with the mind-set that you are going to have fun and you will be fine.

We have also been at Christmas and New Year's Eve when the parks have been closed for capacity....same as above.

Enjoy!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We are going March 18th as it is Spring Break for our school district. However, I can tell you in our little part of the world spring break is happening the entire month of March for the different schools. I have heard crowds are bad but we have never been this time of year. We don't really have much of a choice though as we are now working around high school testing and dance schedules. I'm sure we will still have an awesome time. Bring on SOTMK!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got it! Thanks all! Just knowing what kind'a crowds we'll be facing helps tremendously. I've already got my dining reservations (Akershus, Boma, and California Grill during the fireworks), so that's all settled. Then I'll make sure to use a park plan and Fastpass+. Can't wait!

Thanks Again!
    EJ in Houston

11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Our Spring Break is the 2nd week of March. Along with Canada. I think the big hit starts the 3rd week of March.
    It takes some know how, but the weather is much easier to take and usually drier as well. We did the early up, nap, and then late hours.
    The weather is sometimes too cool for much time at the waterparks, but over a week at least some days might hit 80F.
    Much better than late June thru mid August.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone over the past many years in March. We are typcially there the 3rd or 4th week depending on spring break.

A few things to consider. March will be crowded, but less crowded in the 1st week, and then getting more crowded as the month continues. Since you are going the 2nd week, I would expect crowds in teh 6-7 out of 10 range.

If you hit the parks at rope drop, and use your fastpasses wisely, it is very manageable. Some of the headliners (Soarin, TSMM, RnRC, TT, 7D, etc) will peak out at 90+ minutes - some as much as 120. So FP+ becomes critical.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes March is crowded. Here in Florida many counties/districts have their spring breaks in March [many are the 3rd or 4th week]. We live 45 minutes away and rarely go, especially the last 2 weeks because of the crowds.
    Also at EPCOT the Flower and Garden festival will be going on so expect high crowds there virtually every day.
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    Our Spring Break is the 2nd week of March. Along with Canada. I think the big hit starts the 3rd week of March.
    It takes some know how, but the weather is much easier to take and usually drier as well. We did the early up, nap, and then late hours.
    The weather is sometimes too cool for much time at the waterparks, but over a week at least some days might hit 80F.
    Much better than late June thru mid August.
    How did your early up, nap and late hours approach work out for you? Did it save you standing in lines an inordinate amount of time?
    EJ in Houston

11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    We have gone over the past many years in March. We are typcially there the 3rd or 4th week depending on spring break.

A few things to consider. March will be crowded, but less crowded in the 1st week, and then getting more crowded as the month continues. Since you are going the 2nd week, I would expect crowds in teh 6-7 out of 10 range.

If you hit the parks at rope drop, and use your fastpasses wisely, it is very manageable. Some of the headliners (Soarin, TSMM, RnRC, TT, 7D, etc) will peak out at 90+ minutes - some as much as 120. So FP+ becomes critical.
    Good advice! We'll sure to use FastPass+ strategically throughout the vacation. Thanks!
    EJ in Houston

11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

FP + for evenings worked out well. I even liked the MK fireworks location.
    I have much more tolerance after a nap.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Lets' face it-- we are adding 1.5 million people to our country every year. And if the economy is doing well, lots more people want to take vacations and Disney is often at the top of the list. That's why they are considering the dynamic pricing strategy. March-April will continue to be very, very crowded. The days of going during off periods and walking on rides are probably going to be few and far between now.

But like another poster said, use FP and get to the parks early and you can still do most everything you want. Enjoy.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: