Quantcast Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 1

This trip was just me and my 10 year old niece Mary. She has only been to Disney one other time when she was 5 years old. It was a girls only (me, Mary, my mom and two sisters on that trip) trip and she was still into the princesses and characters. We did the BBB and character autographs then. Now she is "all grown up" and was ready to move on with the big kid stuff. This report is going to be mostly the feedback she gave me and a little of my opinion thrown in there.

She refused to plan the trip with me because planning is "boring". So with the exception of her telling me she wanted to eat rice everyday the planning was on me.

We did not have a car on this trip and I decided to grin and bear the bus system.
    We took the ME from the airport and I loved that. It was quick, easy, comfortable, and the bus was very nice. Mary was impressed. We opted to take our own bag on the bus because I didn't see the value in having to possibly stay up until 100 in the morning waiting for the bag.

When we got to the French Quarter Mary was disappointed to see it was a Motel instead of a Hotel. She stays in motels in Wildwood every summer, and while I love the Jersey Shore, we are not known for beautiful accommodations (I would give them 2 stars...and that's the clean places). I told her I picked this motel because it was one of the smaller places and assured her it was going to be nicer than Wildwood. Once we left the lobby after check in and started walking to our room she told me that the place was huge and couldn't be one of the smaller places. When we got into the room she told me she loved it and that it was much better than the Wildwood motel.

My impression of the French Quarter....I loved the theming and how the buildings were set up. We were in building 2 (I requested 4...I think) and couldn't have been more pleased with the location. It was right by the lobby, pool, and bus stop. The room it's self was clean and while nothing fancy (wasn't expecting it) was nice. I would stay here again no doubt.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Off to a good start!! The French Quarter is tied for my favorite moderate with Coronado Springs. Glad your niece liked it!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I liked FQ also, but really wasn't a fan of Riverside.

When we traveled without my husband, we used the buses. I'm not a fan because I tend to get motion sickness on public transportation (bus, monorail, boat, all of them). However, when I knew my husband was with us, we had to have a car because he has NO patience and would rather be in control of his own destiny. It's also why I chose the Contemporary because it's the only hotel where you do not have to rely on public transportation to arrive at the MK.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    I liked FQ also, but really wasn't a fan of Riverside.

When we traveled without my husband, we used the buses. I'm not a fan because I tend to get motion sickness on public transportation (bus, monorail, boat, all of them). However, when I knew my husband was with us, we had to have a car because he has NO patience and would rather be in control of his own destiny. It's also why I chose the Contemporary because it's the only hotel where you do not have to rely on public transportation to arrive at the MK.

We always have a car at Disney too, to avoid the buses,, but since I didn't feel like driving we had to use the buses....My biggest problem with them is the time wasted getting to where you want to go. Even if we are off property at our time share it takes 5 to 10 mins to get to a park. With the bus system it's usually 30 to 45 mins depending on how long you have to wait for the bus and how many stops it makes.

We didn't even go over to the Riverside. Not enough time.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Rita, first impressions tell me that even though your niece is 'all grown up' you will find the magic around each corner with her! Can't wait to read on!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

It's so fun having a "rent-a-kid" with you! We stole our Godson for two Disney trips and we loved having him! It gives you such a different perspective!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Staying at the FQ is on my bucket list. I love the pictures of the place. My husband not so much unfortunately.

I agree with pp, it is nice to see Disney through the eyes of a young person.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Share This Thread On Social Media: