Quantcast Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Through the Eyes of a 10 Year Old Part 2

Mary told me ahead of time that she wasn't getting up early every day, so I packed poptarts to save time in the morning. We were out the door by 900 and at the bus stop waiting... I have to say I do not like the bus system at all, and this trip did not change my mind. But, it is what it is and tried to make the best of it...most of the time. We were going to EPCOT today and after seeing about 10 others buses ours finally showed up. I was warned that we shared buses with the Riverside, but this didn't happen the four days we were there.

EPCOT....We had fastpasses for Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and Turtle Talk. Mary loved Soarin and Spaceship Earth (We did it three times). She didn't want to do Turtle Talk so we skipped it. Since we had a late start everyday and from prior experience, I didn't even try to get a fourth fast pass any of the days we were there. We had lunch at the Sunshine Seasons and we both had salads. We rode The Land which to my surprise, she enjoyed. We did Ellen's Adventure and she said it was boring. We did the ride in Mexico and she did not like that either. Cool Club was a hit, she actually liked most of the sodas except for the Beverly. We both have been to Italy and never once saw Beverly on any restaurant menu...We decided it was a hoax, that Disney made up this drink. We did Journey into Imagination and she wasn't impressed with the Skunk smell...I told her maybe the next time we rode it we would get the roses. lol. She wanted to do Mission Space but that is one of the few things I can not do and she was bummed. On my last trip I had purchased a hidden Mickey book for her and we spent a lot of time looking for them. It was her against me and we were both out to win. We had dinner at the Nine Dragons so she could get her rice. Neither of us are big eaters so she ordered two sides of rice and I ordered the spring rolls and a side of veggie lo mein. The food was good but our waiter was very rude. This is the second time I have eaten here and while the food is not bad, it's really not overly impressive either. It was Extra Magic Hours tonight so we stayed for the fireworks and she loved the show. It was the first time for me to watch them from the World Show Case and I liked how it is not as crowed as from the other side of the park. After the fireworks we did Test Track twice with only about a 30 minute wait each time. We hit the buses to go back to the French Quarter and it was packed. We had to stand.....I can't see how that is safe or even legal. Mary decided it was a successful day.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Epcot day! Nine Dragons is one of the few restaurants in Disney World at which I've never dined. I keep thinking about trying it but it never seems to appear to me once we are there. Glad Mary got her rice for the day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Epcot day.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Actually all of our day were great (I haven't had time to finish the reports). The only draw back to the trip was the humidity.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Nice Epcot day! Nine Dragons is one of the few restaurants in Disney World at which I've never dined. I keep thinking about trying it but it never seems to appear to me once we are there. Glad Mary got her rice for the day!!

The food there is OK...the service IMO is lacking......and BTW she had rice everyday. lol
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    and BTW she had rice everyday. lol
    LOL - such a typical 10 year old thing to do.

I remember on my DD's first trip, she was turning 6, and she would not eat chicken nuggets, only hamburgers. Well, most CS locations did not have a burger option on the kids menu, so I would order her a burger under my adult credit and I ate off the child's menu for her credit ... it was not the highlight of my dining experiences. One day, we had dinner at Brown Derby and our waiter said the kids could order appetizers off the adult menu (it was when dining plan still had appetizers included), the kids were not interested but my friend and I used it as an opportunity to sample some great apps at Brown Derby, so we had four large appetizers on the table for 2 females and 2 small children, the manager was passing by and made a comment about "everyone's hungry tonight!" being funny ... I responded that I was trying to make up for the 4 mini corndogs I had for lunch. Our waiter, the manager, and another passing waiter laughed and laughed. And, then the manager brought us a tray of desserts later as a gift.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    LOL - such a typical 10 year old thing to do.

I remember on my DD's first trip, she was turning 6, and she would not eat chicken nuggets, only hamburgers. Well, most CS locations did not have a burger option on the kids menu, so I would order her a burger under my adult credit and I ate off the child's menu for her credit ... it was not the highlight of my dining experiences. One day, we had dinner at Brown Derby and our waiter said the kids could order appetizers off the adult menu (it was when dining plan still had appetizers included), the kids were not interested but my friend and I used it as an opportunity to sample some great apps at Brown Derby, so we had four large appetizers on the table for 2 females and 2 small children, the manager was passing by and made a comment about "everyone's hungry tonight!" being funny ... I responded that I was trying to make up for the 4 mini corndogs I had for lunch. Our waiter, the manager, and another passing waiter laughed and laughed. And, then the manager brought us a tray of desserts later as a gift.

Great story! I say all of the time that I wish Disney would have half portions. I am not a big eater, but my husband and I have totally different likes. Usually if we share something that means one of us isn't getting our first choice. Mary was disinterested in the kids meals but eats too little to get an adult dinner...She did mostly sides and apps.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to Disney without a car, so I can immediately feel your pain being stuck on the bus.

Overall I think you had a very successful day. And for the record I agree with your niece ... Ellen is boring! Hehe. Great ending with Illuminations and Test Track.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    I have never been to Disney without a car, so I can immediately feel your pain being stuck on the bus.

Overall I think you had a very successful day. And for the record I agree with your niece ... Ellen is boring! Hehe. Great ending with Illuminations and Test Track.

Carol, we did have a great time, but by the end of the trip I was questioning myself....Could I have taken her to Six Flags in NJ and she would have been just as happy?........She is a thrill seeker and with very few exceptions like the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Spaceship Earth she wanted nothing to do with the "dark rides".
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: